Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 17, 2024, 07:13:53 pm

The Mess left behind

Started by zuko, December 08, 2017, 01:18:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zuko

As far as i'm concerned, Chad Morris speaks with a forked tongue and I think about the mess he will leave behind. I say  will leave behind, because he's probably not finished gutting the SMU football organization. To leave a team after the second year to me is devoid of consideration for the recruits and families that he preached all good things in order to get them to come to SMU. Lane Kiffin did it and got crucified. Chad Morris does it and gets loved. Can you imagine what the families of the players are thinking now about when the recruiter came to their house and promised all kinds of good things to get their son/s to come to SMU, can they ever believe another one again.  I mean it's not like the guy was there 4,5 or six years, only after two years with nothing special about his record at SMU except on really bad year and a somewhat improved record the second and we bought it. Morris will probably ask some of his assistants to join him at Arkansas, so now we see old SMU starting over again after only 2 years of Chad Morris. Success breeds contempt and I sure have it in this case. AH BUT FOF THE SAKE OF MONEY.

Hogtrillian

Delete this.

He moved at the end of 3 years after he had set them up for success, it's not like he left them high and dry. Scott Frost, Willie Taggart both left after just 1 year.

It's the nature of the business.

apcapri

But he was there 3 years so..

davril98

I think he was there 3 years.
Very Pollyanna of you to not get that's how tht business works.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: zuko on December 08, 2017, 01:18:03 pm
As far as i'm concerned, Chad Morris speaks with a forked tongue and I think about the mess he will leave behind. I say  will leave behind, because he's probably not finished gutting the SMU football organization. To leave a team after the second year to me is devoid of consideration for the recruits and families that he preached all good things in order to get them to come to SMU. Lane Kiffin did it and got crucified. Chad Morris does it and gets loved. Can you imagine what the families of the players are thinking now about when the recruiter came to their house and promised all kinds of good things to get their son/s to come to SMU, can they ever believe another one again.  I mean it's not like the guy was there 4,5 or six years, only after two years with nothing special about his record at SMU except on really bad year and a somewhat improved record the second and we bought it. Morris will probably ask some of his assistants to join him at Arkansas, so now we see old SMU starting over again after only 2 years of Chad Morris. Success breeds contempt and I sure have it in this case. AH BUT FOF THE SAKE OF MONEY.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogMantheIntruder

Really????
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hog Waller

RazorPiggie

You don't send your kids to SMU for football. You do for academics.

dpetty121263

Garbage....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

SMU fan right..? Hey, I feel ya. I really do, but you got 3 years out of the guy, a change of attitude and a cupboard full of talent. You can always get someone from Texas HS ranks, or go buy another coach. The SEC is an opportunity no one should have to pass up... Y'all can either chose to get mad or get better. Keep winning and work your way up into one of the big conferences...
I'm telling you the real. Most folks will put y'all down and say your program can't possibly get there. I'm old enough to remember when SMU was a peer program. If Baylor can do it that rich ass school of yours can too.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogsanity

So, based on this, no sitting coach should ever leave where he is currently? Would you have been cool if they would have hired Norvell, only at Memphis 2 yrs as HC? Kiffin, 1 yr at FAU? If coaches are not suppose d to leave where they are then who should we have hired?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sonofahog

Arkansas State was fine when St. Gus left after ONE year.  Schools that are stepping stones know they are stepping stones.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Dwight_K_Shrute

Good Lord people please get your facts straight.

Scott Frost is leaving UCF after 3 season.  0 wins before he got there, to 6 to undefeated.  I think they will take that any day of the week and the parting has been very gracious and amicable between the two.  They realize where he is going and thank him for getting them to heights never before seen.

Morris left SMU after 3, not 2.

These G5 schools realize if their coach does well other schools will come after them.  They also realize that means the coach more than likely is leaving them in much better shape.

A-State had 3 coaches leave in 3 years.  Didn't seem too bitter about it just kept hiring good coaches.  It what the G5 does.

Get a clue and stop using it as an excuse to dog on Morris.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

AHorseWithNoName

First of all, he was at SMU for 3 years.   

Second, he took them from 0-12 to a bowl game.  If you'd do a little research on the climate in 2014 versus what it is now, you'd realize that he turned things around.  Go read what the SMU faithful are saying.  They loved him.  Hated to see him go.  But are thankful for what he did for SMU football. 

Third, this is called Big Boy College Football.   Do you honestly think that any parent or player thought Morris would stay at SMU until he retired? 

Fourth, Coaches coach because they love kids, they love the sport, and YES, it's called "their career".  Coaches are like SuperModels, they are short lived and there are more younger and more attractive ones just outside the door.  So they'd better make the money when they can. 

If he had not won a game at SMU, do you think those parents and players that you mentioned would be wanting him to "honor his commitment"?   I doubt it! 
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

Dropkick

total fail

FullTiltBoogie

Money talks. His players at SMU have wished him nothing but the best. SMU knows this kind of thing is going to happen. Just because he left for another job, after 3 years,  doesn't mean he wasn't a man of his word while he was there.

Hogtrillian

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 08, 2017, 01:26:40 pm
Good Lord people please get your facts straight.

Scott Frost is leaving UCF after 3 season.  0 wins before he got there, to 6 to undefeated.  I think they will take that any day of the week and the parting has been very gracious and amicable between the two.  They realize where he is going and thank him for getting them to heights never before seen.

We're both wrong on this. Frost was there 2 years, he took over at the start of 2016.

TomasPistola

Chill out Zuko baby. Is Sandy refusing to put out again?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Are you naturally this stupid or are you a self-made man ??? :o

zuko

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 08, 2017, 01:20:19 pm
Delete this.

He moved at the end of 3 years after he had set them up for success, it's not like he left them high and dry. Scott Frost, Willie Taggart both left after just 1 year.

I didn't even count the first year, so how does 14 & 22 add up to a head coaching job at the UofA?

zuko

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 08, 2017, 01:50:56 pm
Let's keep it clean man, not the place for that and it's personal

zuko

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 08, 2017, 02:56:33 pm
Are you naturally this stupid or are you a self-made man ??? :o
Apparently with using the word stupid you intend to put a hurt on me for no reason. If you can't debate intelligently, you should not get involved at all. Then again, you may not possess the intelligence to do so.

zuko

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 08, 2017, 01:50:56 pm
Wow, feel better?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: zuko on December 08, 2017, 09:44:27 pm
Apparently with using the word stupid you intend to put a hurt on me for no reason. If you can't debate intelligently, you should not get involved at all. Then again, you may not possess the intelligence to do so.
Well let me ask it another way then: Are you naturally an idiot or are you a self-made man?

PonderinHog

That's what Methodists do!   ;)

East Clintwood

Every coach, whether he's been there 2 years or 12 years, leaves behind his most recent recruiting classes when he moves on.   

It's an ongoing process and someone is always going to be on the short end.  It's the way the business works and you're not going to change it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 08, 2017, 11:00:36 pm
That's what Methodists do!   ;)

Well.......the big churches get to keep their "coaches" if they wish too.......

zuko

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 08, 2017, 01:24:08 pm
SMU fan right..? Hey, I feel ya. I really do, but you got 3 years out of the guy, a change of attitude and a cupboard full of talent. You can always get someone from Texas HS ranks, or go buy another coach. The SEC is an opportunity no one should have to pass up... Y'all can either chose to get mad or get better. Keep winning and work your way up into one of the big conferences...
I'm telling you the real. Most folks will put y'all down and say your program can't possibly get there. I'm old enough to remember when SMU was a peer program. If Baylor can do it that rich ass school of yours can too.
I didn't even count the 1st year. Did you ever give any thought to the possibility that his record got better because the other teams go worse? Sooner or later, teams get better or worse.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: zuko on December 08, 2017, 09:37:38 pm
  I didn't even count the first year, so how does 14 & 22 add up to a head coaching job at the UofA?
Wait, so are you mad bc he left SMU or bc he was hired at Arkansas?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

farmhawg

Thats irony at its finest....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Inhogswetrust

In that case follow your own advice. You shouldn't be starting threads...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bob slydell

Quote from: Poppa Tart on December 11, 2017, 04:14:34 pm
Wait, so are you mad bc he left SMU or bc he was hired at Arkansas?

Trolls tend to move the goal post when they are just trying to rile folks up.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Vantage 8 dude

Well I see where big, bad zuko has apparently deleted his member's account. Now he only appears as a "guest'. Nice.....I suppose it shows the lack of guts this guy has after coming in and trashing our newest hire. Then again, guests are usually wanted where they show up. We can see how long this clown lasted.

Inhogswetrust

You mean nobody is suppose to leave a job for one they consider a better job in two years or less. Wow. Look IF it had been less than a year then most would agree with you but that doesn't even then mean there is a mess left behind. Heck sometimes they even leave after a short time for equal money or only slightly more. Here's a shocker for you. Sometimes regardless of the timeframe it isn't about more money. I should know. I've left for even less money for a job I thought would be better and it was.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcards

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 08, 2017, 01:20:19 pm
Delete this.

Agree, but why would it have been taboo to have fired Bielema after we knew what we had after year one?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona