Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

Opinion on "bait" everyone?

For example, UL -10 @ KY. Bait assumes "Vegas knows something."

Is this a notion for a novice gambler who can't see between the lines or is it a real thing?

Thoughts?

SPAL

Kentucky is 0-9 SUATS as dogs of +10.5 to +21 since 2011. Just saying......

checkraiser88

Oklahoma State vs Lamar.......59 total points?? That seems low?? They are known for running up scores and they gave up 35 pts last week?

BJOhog

anyperson have video of tamu last game. i really want to look at their ofensive line play before i take them and points and i didnt get that last one of theirs tevod.
ive watched s missipp play twice now and i dont see how the hogs dont blow em out what are yalls thoughts on this her.

SPAL

Southern miss:
1-7 ATS in the last 8.
1-10-1 last 12 on field turf
1-12-1 ATS following a loss of 20 or more.

Arkansas:
5-1 ATS against teams with a losing road record
19-7 SU Last 26 at home

9 out of the last 10 southern miss games have gone over the total.
12 out of the last 14razorback games have gone over against teams with a losing record.
11 out of 15 have gone over following at ATS LOSS on the over.

Some points to ponder

BJOhog

Hogs didn't win vs spread last to games correct. Looks
Like the over is good I think we keep s miss to ten and I still like the over. My only rule that I break a lot is never bet on razorbacks Astros or allblacks.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 11, 2013, 02:13:03 pm
Like the over is good I think we keep s miss to ten and I still like the over. My only rule that I break a lot is never bet on razorbacks Astros or allblacks.

This one makes me confused.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

The hogs are 1-1 ATS this season.

SPAL

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

really considering taking the Razorbacks here.  think -22 is too low.  just confused though.  we beat ULL by 20 (So. Miss is a much worse team), but only won by 10 against samford....

thoughts?

DamonBoost

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2013, 02:41:54 pm
really considering taking the Razorbacks here.  think -22 is too low.  just confused though.  we beat ULL by 20 (So. Miss is a much worse team), but only won by 10 against samford....

thoughts?

I would have thought 22 was low until I watched them play the first two games..

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DamonBoost on September 11, 2013, 02:47:43 pm
I would have thought 22 was low until I watched them play the first two games..

If we play like we did against ULL, we will win by 28+

If we play like we did against Samford, we will win by 17-21

SPAL

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2013, 02:41:54 pm

thoughts?

Vegas is banking on the hogs to turn to the passing game to work out some kinks. Also, USM can move the ball through the air, they have just been probe to the interception. The passing numbers are there, so if they stop turning it over and get in the endzobe, it could be closer than 22. I'm seeing 38-13, which is a cover.

Take the hogs and the points or play the over of 49. That's the money

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 11, 2013, 02:55:58 pm
Vegas is banking on the hogs to turn to the passing game to work out some kinks. Also, USM can move the ball through the air, they have just been probe to the interception. The passing numbers are there, so if they stop turning it over and get in the endzobe, it could be closer than 22. I'm seeing 38-13, which is a cover.

Take the hogs and the points or play the over of 49. That's the money

good analysis. 

widespreadsooie

All blacks. LOL.

SPAL

Ball st. -3

Vegas does NOT want that line to move even though money has poured in on BSU. Line remains at 3 but juice is now -120/even.

I'm not the best at deciphering that, but it says to me the line is firm despite the money movement.

Lets look at it from Vegas POV. If I'm a line maker, I set a line so that you will bet both sides equally. However, all the money starts pouring in on one team or the other. First thing info is change the number to entice the other side to bet more. But instead of changing the line, I force you to bet more to win more on the team behind the money. I entice you by making the other team an even bet so that you stand to win more by betting them. I'm begging you to bet the underdog. I'm all but saying, "please bet the underdog."

So why do I refuse to move the line? Is it because I am 99.9% positive that the final is so close to the original line, that moving it one way or the other could force me into aHuge loss?

Somebody help me with this?

Huckleberry Pig

don't know if Ash will be playing against Ole Miss... if he doesn't, Ole Miss should win that game

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 11, 2013, 03:47:50 pm
Ball st. -3

Vegas does NOT want that line to move even though money has poured in on BSU. Line remains at 3 but juice is now -120/even.

I'm not the best at deciphering that, but it says to me the line is firm despite the money movement.

Lets look at it from Vegas POV. If I'm a line maker, I set a line so that you will bet both sides equally. However, all the money starts pouring in on one team or the other. First thing info is change the number to entice the other side to bet more. But instead of changing the line, I force you to bet more to win more on the team behind the money. I entice you by making the other team an even bet so that you stand to win more by betting them. I'm begging you to bet the underdog. I'm all but saying, "please bet the underdog."

So why do I refuse to move the line? Is it because I am 99.9% positive that the final is so close to the original line, that moving it one way or the other could force me into aHuge loss?

Somebody help me with this?

Man. You have no idea how many times and how long I've tried to make sense of juicing as opposed to moving the line. I know there is a lot of math involved.

BJOhog

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2013, 04:11:25 pm
don't know if Ash will be playing against Ole Miss... if he doesn't, Ole Miss should win that game
i am starting ti think ole miss will regardless im not touching it maybe the over maybe the over.

i could not not have been more wrong about texas i recon i can admit when i was wrong and i figured mack brown was better than people said but this time billy was wrong that texas program has recruited and ruined more texans lives than the alamo did.

and you guys laugh about the rugby betting but you can make some good money in it vegas is not as sharp on the lines

widespreadsooie

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 11, 2013, 04:40:51 pm
i am starting ti think ole miss will regardless im not touching it maybe the over maybe the over.

i could not not have been more wrong about texas i recon i can admit when i was wrong and i figured mack brown was better than people said but this time billy was wrong that texas program has recruited and ruined more texans lives than the alamo did.

and you guys laugh about the rugby betting but you can make some good money in it vegas is not as sharp on the lines

I'm looking hard into that over. As well as a couple others.

BJOhog

September 11, 2013, 05:06:35 pm #3872 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:22:45 pm by billyjoeozark
Quote from: TxArky on September 11, 2013, 05:01:25 pm
New Zealand http://www.allblacks.com/

if you dont know it look up the youtubers for all black hooka or hauka or something like that its plum near amazing even makes an old man like me want to get up and cause a ruckus.
i had an ole employee that did something like that every morning before work he was from africa was a real good ole boy except he couldnt tell a timex from a rolex hoho

i fould a tamu tape from last week online i just dont know im staying away from i i think i sort of like tamu with the points but as of right now there are other money makers out there i think

buffalo -13 over stoneybrook might be my lock of the week the bulls have wonn me a lot of money the last 3 years

ill get all my thoughts together and call some folk and post my games tomorrow around noon

UAstudent13

I'm considering taking Texas Tech, UCLA, and the Cowboys (NFL) on the Money Line. Maybe a small parlay between the three and see what happens.

SPAL

I will be playing significantly less games this week. I'm working toward finding the 2 or 3 best plays for the weekend and upping the stakes. My 1 unit plays are killing my higher unit plays , which shouldn't be the case. I'm hitting 56% but I'm not seeing return like I should be. I'm going to a standard play for all games. Probably 2.5 units for all plays.

I've worked harder this week and I've isolated 3 plays that I'm gonna focus on for Saturday. I'll still play Thursday and Friday.

BJOhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 11, 2013, 05:25:28 pm
I will be playing significantly less games this week. I'm working toward finding the 2 or 3 best plays for the weekend and upping the stakes. My 1 unit plays are killing my higher unit plays , which shouldn't be the case. I'm hitting 56% but I'm not seeing return like I should be. I'm going to a standard play for all games. Probably 2.5 units for all plays.

I've worked harder this week and I've isolated 3 plays that I'm gonna focus on for Saturday. I'll still play Thursday and Friday.

the guys that use to burn me did this those were the big dogs of gambling they would put in 3 most 4 games a week high rolling  and eat up my profit which i dint make much after i did the pass on anyway.

Huckleberry Pig

UA I like everything but the tech game.  Not that I don't like tech, I just have no clue on that game.  Tech can be very inconsistent so I tend to stay away from them.  Do like the cowboys, ucla MLs though.  GL!

ur

ur

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 11, 2013, 08:38:13 pm
This?

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
I'm looking for the % that normally are shown in the columns to the right for spread, money, o/u on the matchups page. They are showing them as n/a this week.

widespreadsooie

MuskogeeHogFan

What are you guys thinking about these games?

TCU (-3) 64 @ Texas Tech

Ole Miss @ Texas (-2.5) 65

Alabama (-7) 61 @ Texas A&M

Miss St @ Auburn (-6) 51
Go Hogs Go!

ur

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 12, 2013, 08:30:29 am

TCU (-3) 64 @ Texas Tech

Miss St @ Auburn (-6) 51

If the tcu team that played Lsu shows up even when boykin was at qb then tcu should win. I'm taking tcu and the over.
Ole miss. Possibly a good moneyline game for people that do that. ole miss.
I was heavy on bama before the first game. Not sure if they can fix their blocking problems in two weeks. Va tech receivers dropped several open passes also. My gut now says aggies. I don't think I'm touching that game.
auburn and miss state are both bad. Home field may be the advantage. Of course I'm prob wrong on all. :)

DadVader1

Quote from: ur on September 11, 2013, 08:53:13 pm
I'm looking for the % that normally are shown in the columns to the right for spread, money, o/u on the matchups page. They are showing them as n/a this week.

This site has that information: http://www.thespread.com/ncaa-college-football-public-betting-chart#.UjHJC9JOPTo

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ur on September 12, 2013, 08:46:21 am
If the tcu team that played Lsu shows up even when boykin was at qb then tcu should win. I'm taking tcu and the over.
Ole miss. Possibly a good moneyline game for people that do that. ole miss.
I was heavy on bama before the first game. Not sure if they can fix their blocking problems in two weeks. Va tech receivers dropped several open passes also. My gut now says aggies. I don't think I'm touching that game.
auburn and miss state are both bad. Home field may be the advantage. Of course I'm prob wrong on all. :)

Keep in mind that while TCU always seems to have a good defense, this year (at least so far) their offense has been somewhat anemic only averaging 330.5 per game. I think that their QB is out this week as well or may end up being a game time decision...we will see. Tech hasn't really played anybody but I suspect their fast paced offense will stress the TCU defense.

I think I take Tech in this game because of their offense and because playing in Lubbock can sometimes be a difficult place to play. Tech +3.

I believe that Texas comes out with new resolve after getting their arses handed to them at BYU. I think they rebound so Texas -2-1/2 at home seems like a good play even though their QB is tentative for the game right now.

I am not sure about Alabama though I think that Saban comes up with a creative package vs. Manziel. I think Alabama may win, but by 7? Not so sure.

Auburn may win this game as a S/U but by 6? Ehh, Miss St has to step it up and they know it. Not sure I would touch this game with a ten foot pole.

Anyone else have thoughts on these games?
Go Hogs Go!

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 11, 2013, 10:22:34 pm
More chalk.

AUB -6/ 1 unit

fyi widespread, just because you take the favorite on the spread doesn't mean you are taking chalk.  chalk refers to how much you pay vs how much you stand to win.  It normally refers to betting ML's.  On spreads, you are paying -110 whether you play the dog or the fav so either way you are paying a small bit of "chalk" (the -10). 

Now say you play Arkansas ML this weekend instead of the spread (doubt they have it but lets just use it figuratively) you would probably have a line at -2500 or something.  AKA you would have to lay 2500 to win 100.  THAT is considered chalk.  the higher the negative number the more "chalk" involved because you have to pay more to win the same amount.

Don't mean to sound like a prick, just wanted to let ya know

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 12, 2013, 09:03:51 am
Keep in mind that while TCU always seems to have a good defense, this year (at least so far) their offense has been somewhat anemic only averaging 330.5 per game. I think that their QB is out this week as well or may end up being a game time decision...we will see. Tech hasn't really played anybody but I suspect their fast paced offense will stress the TCU defense.

I think I take Tech in this game because of their offense and because playing in Lubbock can sometimes be a difficult place to play. Tech +3.

I believe that Texas comes out with new resolve after getting their arses handed to them at BYU. I think they rebound so Texas -2-1/2 at home seems like a good play even though their QB is tentative for the game right now.

I am not sure about Alabama though I think that Saban comes up with a creative package vs. Manziel. I think Alabama may win, but by 7? Not so sure.

Auburn may win this game as a S/U but by 6? Ehh, Miss St has to step it up and they know it. Not sure I would touch this game with a ten foot pole.

Anyone else have thoughts on these games?

TCU's QB is out but many people were calling for the backup (starter from last year) to play anyways because many think he is better

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 12, 2013, 09:08:41 am
fyi widespread, just because you take the favorite on the spread doesn't mean you are taking chalk.  chalk refers to how much you pay vs how much you stand to win.  It normally refers to betting ML's.  On spreads, you are paying -110 whether you play the dog or the fav so either way you are paying a small bit of "chalk" (the -10). 

Now say you play Arkansas ML this weekend instead of the spread (doubt they have it but lets just use it figuratively) you would probably have a line at -2500 or something.  AKA you would have to lay 2500 to win 100.  THAT is considered chalk.  the higher the negative number the more "chalk" involved because you have to pay more to win the same amount.

Love it. I hate asking questions about terminology you guys use but I had no idea what chalk meant. Thanks for clarifying.

So, I haven't bet on boxing since college.. is there any reason not to take Mayweather at -267? Alvarez is +228

he's NEVER lost. ever. Dude knows how to win a fight and is the quickest mofo around.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 12, 2013, 09:10:44 am
TCU's QB is out but many people were calling for the backup (starter from last year) to play anyways because many think he is better

I guess we will see.

But I can see why they went with Pachall.

In 2011 he had a 66.5% completion percentage and threw for 224.7 yds per game, 25 TD's and only 7 INT's.

In 2012 Boykin had a 57.2 completion percentage and threw for 158 yards per game, 15 TD's and 10 INT's.

This year Pachall has a 56.7% completion percentage for 175 yards, 1 INT and 0 TD's, while Boykin has a 60.0% completion percentage for 203 yards, 0 INT's and 2 TD's.

I may be wrong, but I see little difference between the two. Boykin is obviously doing better than Pachall, but not by much and perhaps not enough to make a huge difference.
Go Hogs Go!

LGHOG

Hawgndaaz

I've got the pats at -11. hard not to take that at home, esp if Gronk plays.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 12, 2013, 09:25:10 am
Love it. I hate asking questions about terminology you guys use but I had no idea what chalk meant. Thanks for clarifying.

So, I haven't bet on boxing since college.. is there any reason not to take Mayweather at -267? Alvarez is +228

he's NEVER lost. ever. Dude knows how to win a fight and is the quickest mofo around.

only answer I have is... too much chalk haha

but it seems to be a pretty solid bet if you are willing to lay the chalk

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 12, 2013, 09:08:41 am

I had no idea. Always thought it just meant laying points. Preeshate the heads up.

Two totals just locked in for two units a piece.

USA/WKU o54.5
UTSA/Zona o65.5

DamonBoost

BJOhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 12, 2013, 08:30:29 am

TCU (-3) 64 @ Texas Tech

Miss St @ Auburn (-6) 51
To be honest I only like thatole olemiss game but even that one I wouknt take till we all see what sort of dumpster fire Texas is at this point. I like that tcu one even less texastech stadium Hanna be creating tremors plum to Dallas. Miss state auburn is gonna be a coin toss of who sucks the least. And I'm starting to think Tami will roll the tide. Buthell ivebeen wrong a lot layelu

BJOhog

I bet a lots of the fisticuffs I woukdnt touch mayweather too much you have to lay down to get a little if you wanted a chancier play with less chalk take meaweather in  ecisiond

Huckleberry Pig

Adding:

NYJ +13 -- 2*

Tom Brady has lost like 80% of his offense.  They had trouble against the Bills D and the Jets D is MUCH better than the Bills D.  Geno didn't look great but he didn't look bad either.  If he can keep from committing turnovers I see this game staying within 10. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 11, 2013, 02:30:33 pm
This one makes me confused.

That would be New Zealand Allblacks.  They may go down This Saturday against the Springboks.  I will be watching.
Let's make some waves.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 12, 2013, 09:32:23 am
I guess we will see.

But I can see why they went with Pachall.

In 2011 he had a 66.5% completion percentage and threw for 224.7 yds per game, 25 TD's and only 7 INT's.

In 2012 Boykin had a 57.2 completion percentage and threw for 158 yards per game, 15 TD's and 10 INT's.

This year Pachall has a 56.7% completion percentage for 175 yards, 1 INT and 0 TD's, while Boykin has a 60.0% completion percentage for 203 yards, 0 INT's and 2 TD's.

I may be wrong, but I see little difference between the two. Boykin is obviously doing better than Pachall, but not by much and perhaps not enough to make a huge difference.

I hear ya, but I also think pachall had a lot more talent around him in 2011
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

No play tonight but if I did...

I would lean tech small
Would lean Troy strong