Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have to have a dedicated Special Teams Coach .

Started by Piggfoot, September 27, 2017, 09:02:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

In todays high octaine football with multiple scores the rule the Special Teams are on the field now more than ever.
Their was an article about the A&M return for a touchdown where their Coach noticed a pattern that we had on our kickoffs. We have to have that person evaluating past films and present play.
Elite teams may take back ups to make up their Special teams but I don't think we have that luxury. It's my understanding several top teams use their starters on their Special teams.
Special coaching our team by committee is not getting it.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

LRHawg

we were absolutely pathetic on that play. Not only did we line drive the ball to him so the blocking has time to set up, but our four right-most players all take an angle towards the sideline and allow themselves to be blocked out of the play. This created a lane the size of a bus for him to run through. Pretty much any fast returner could have taken that one to the house. All Kirk had to do was just run right down that lane. It was truly an abysmal play that should never happen at this level. At least make him break some tackles.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bville_hog