Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 6 THREAD: #3 Arkansas (4-1, 0-0 SEC) @ San Diego State (3-1, 0-0, MW)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 23, 2018, 10:02:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PeabodyHawg

bosshog84

Would've rather him take that pitch in that spot strike or not.

SPAL

ucahogfan

Hensley tries to poke one into RF, but Gates say no sir and makes a nice leaping play going towards 2B.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ucahogfan

Where was that 1st pitch to Calabuig?  Strike 3 to Bonfield wasn't that good.

PigWig

ucahogfan

Or that 2-1 pitch?  Should have been strike 3.  Now we are getting clearly squeezed.

PigWig

Dr. Starcs

Not ready to play. Haven't handled the pressure. Luckily still can win.

ucahogfan

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 10:51:26 pm
Or that 2-1 pitch?  Should have been strike 3.  Now we are getting clearly squeezed.

Is it going both ways?

ucahogfan

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 24, 2018, 10:50:27 pm
This is insane. Even during the total deadbat years we didn't have a lineup that was this inept. The trouble with those teams was always getting on base at all. When we got on we could score. But this is an unbelievable level of slumping throughout the lineup.
Please don't start the griping this early in the season. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 24, 2018, 10:53:34 pm
Is it going both ways?
Nope.  Bonfield was called out on a pitch low and away.  If anything, the zone has been drifting a little the last couple of innings after being solid the first 5-6 innings.

PigWig

Our pitching has been very solid, just need to play better defense and get some freaking hits with RISP.

BroyledNutts

Time to prove we're as good as everyone thinks we are. We need to go out and win this game right now.

seasonhog

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 24, 2018, 10:48:13 pm
Wasted opportunity.  Man on 3rd with no outs......
[/quote

No more then we are hitting ....needing to lay down a bunt.

trippigs

jst01

If we are frustrated, I can't imagine what DVH is thinking right now.

PeabodyHawg

This is insane. Even during the total deadbat years we didn't have a lineup that was this inept. The trouble with those teams was always getting on base at all. When we got on we could score. But this is an unbelievable level of slumping throughout the lineup.
Pump the brakes my friend.  We have a very talented team with a lot of baseball left to play this season.  Hang in there with them Hog Fan.

Razorbacks#1

2               Top 9th                   2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Arkansas       1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    | -  |  2  |  3  | 2 | 7   
SDSU             0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    | -  |  2  |  5  | 0  | 5   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hawgrunner

JonClaudeVanHam

At this point it has to be mental. We had a great offense last year even before Spanberger got hot.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Razorbacks#1

You called this team "This is insane. Even during the total deadbat years we didn't have a lineup that was this inept.

Well, welcome to my world

See your last post and raise you a dollar
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Sophomore Jordan McFarland will pinch run for Gates.  Figure he will take over at 1B as well.

hogwild04

We have some top recruits on the bench,  might be time to give them a shot, at least in this game

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 10:59:43 pm
Gates works the count full, and he draws a leadoff walk.

Lead off walks are suppose to hurt the defense

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 11:00:20 pm
Sophomore Jordan McFarland will pinch run for Gates.  Figure he will take over at 1B as well.

Is mcfarland fast?  I don't seem to remember him last year being fast

PigWig

ucahogfan

Pitching change for the Aztecs as Grant Koch steps in.

New pitcher is Sophomore RHP Adrian Mardueno.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 11:00:20 pm

Our pinch running moves have backfired lately. Hope this one pays off.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 24, 2018, 10:59:18 pm
You called this team "This is insane. Even during the total deadbat years we didn't have a lineup that was this inept.

Well, welcome to my world

Inept is the wrong word, I'll say that. I realize it's a momentary ineptness. It's just shocking to have this team be so night and day from last year offensively.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ucahogfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 24, 2018, 11:01:16 pm
Is mcfarland fast?  I don't seem to remember him last year being fast
Ran a sub 6.7 60 in high school.  He is basically Spanberger's size and has big time raw power, but has elite speed as well.  Big time athlete.

Dr. Starcs

Ironhawg

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 24, 2018, 11:02:18 pm
Inept is the wrong word, I'll say that. I realize it's a momentary ineptness. It's just shocking to have this team be so night and day from last year offensively.

Could it be they are tight because of expectations and are pressing?

hoghappy

This is ours boys. Big crooked numbers the Chef is going to mash a tater right here.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 24, 2018, 11:02:18 pm
Hang in there friend, we may pull this out

THUNDER!

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 24, 2018, 11:04:10 pm

That or they have big heads. Or a mix of both. Just my thoughts. Sorry, I'm going to shut up in the game thread about it.

ucahogfan

Koch squares to bunt, and he draws a 4 pitch walk.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 0 outs and Martin stepping up to the plate.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 24, 2018, 11:04:10 pm

My guess is they got a little big headed after knocking the cover off last weekend

BroyledNutts

Much like most of this trip, I think the Hogs are struggling at the plate because they're just not sure what a strike is - and it changes from early to late.

PigWig

PigWig

LJHOG

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 24, 2018, 11:05:14 pm
Koch squares to bunt, and he draws a 4 pitch walk.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 0 outs and Martin stepping up to the plate.
Here's a sac bunt attempt.

ucahogfan

Martin bunts to the 3B, but the throw to 1B is wild.  McFarland scores.  Koch is at 3B and Martin is at 2B with 0 outs.  Scored a sacrifice and E5.

3-2 HOGS!!

PigWig

onebadrubi

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 24, 2018, 11:05:32 pm
Much like most of this trip, I think the Hogs are struggling at the plate because they're just not sure what a strike is - and it changes from early to late.

This is a very good point as well.