Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just remember this..

Started by synthartist69, February 21, 2018, 09:49:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Quote from: code red on February 22, 2018, 10:31:09 am
Losing the next 3 is a real possibility.  1 road win all year.

Georgia and Ole Miss
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: sickboy on February 22, 2018, 10:21:22 am
Heath won 82 games in five years. Anderson won 102. Again, not rocket science.

Weak reply as it isn't that simple. 

True Heath was fired for not being successful enough.  But it had to do with the belief we could upgrade by firing him as boosters thought they were delivering BCG.  Heath had started winning.  But few thought he was capable of getting us back to prominence. 

Have to take into account SOS too.
In 2003, the SEC had 6 teams out of 12 in the NCAAT.
2004 6 teams
2005 5
2006 5 including Hogs - Florida won NC and LSU made F4
2007 5 including Hogs - Florida won NC
This was the era of Billy Donovan at Florida, Tubby still riding the momentum from Pitino,, Stansbury at MSU, Gottfried at Bama.  Last two not great but it wasn't the era of Rick Rays and Pelphreys which came a few years later.

Mike's seasons:
2012 4 teams in NCAAT
2013 3 out of 14
2014 3 out of 14
2015 4 including Hogs
2016 3
2017 5 including Hogs - SC made F4

The conference has not been good. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin

we have a lot of fans who have just given up on the program being great, and have settled for average
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

raz1965

Much better than when the last two coaches were here.  Tied for 3rd place means only 2 teams have better records in a tough conference. Mike deserves a chance to see what he can do now that his recruiting is taking off an he isn't just settling for players any longer. Could be a big difference.

rude1

Quote from: sickboy on February 21, 2018, 10:25:23 pm
I think I know that I don't give a crap what anyone inherited. Heath didn't win, so he got fired. Neither did Pelphrey, so he got fired. Mike Anderson is winning more games than his predecessors, so he has a job. It's not rocket science, Galileo.

Now, you want Mike Anderson to win more games, fine. But to say the program was better under Heath or Pelphrey isn't even healthy disillusionment. It's willful ignorance.
Heath got fired after going to back tourney games with most of his roster returning, he didn't  get fired for not winning, he got fired because he wasn't winning at a level that is up to the potential of this program. This is exactly what MA is failing to do, and another miss of the big dance this year should give him the same fate, even if it doesn't.

MikePiazza

Quote from: rude1 on February 22, 2018, 12:20:35 pm
Heath got fired after going to back tourney games with most of his roster returning, he didn't  get fired for not winning, he got fired because he wasn't winning at a level that is up to the potential of this program. This is exactly what MA is failing to do, and another miss of the big dance this year should give him the same fate, even if it doesn't.

If Heath was so good, why won't anyone hire him as HC anymore? Because he's a bad coach. If Hogs fired MA, he'd be out of a HC job for 15 minutes.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

rude1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 12:29:38 pm
If Heath was so good, why won't anyone hire him as HC anymore? Because he's a bad coach. If Hogs fired MA, he'd be out of a HC job for 15 minutes.
Ummm Heath was back coaching the next season after Arkansas fired him, so I fail to understand your point.

Atlhogfan1

Heath was fired March 26th.  Hired by South Florida on April 2nd.  Unemployed for about a week.  He wasn't that good.  I think that is the point.   

I'm sure someone would quickly grab Mike up.  Good for both of them.  (not that I'm advocating firing him)  Maybe he would follow Nutt's path to Oxford.  Or Athens.  Washington State maybe. 

His athletic tweeners, guard heavy system, love for recruiting JC's and reaches would be a great fit at a mid major where academic restrictions are lower.  Could get more of those JC players in. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 12:37:36 pm
Heath was fired March 26th.  Hired by South Florida on April 2nd.  Unemployed for about a week.  He wasn't that good.  I think that is the point.   

I'm sure someone would quickly grab Mike up.  Good for both of them.  (not that I'm advocating firing him)  Maybe he would follow Nutt's path to Oxford.  Or Athens.  Washington State maybe. 

His athletic tweeners, guard heavy system, love for recruiting JC's and reaches would be a great fit at a mid major where academic restrictions are lower.  Could get more of those JC players in. 

If you have enjoyed the best of Arkansas basketball you would have to have a deep appreciation for teams built with a mixture of HS, JuCo and transfer players.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 22, 2018, 02:00:15 pm
If you have enjoyed the best of Arkansas basketball you would have to have a deep appreciation for teams built with a mixture of HS, JuCo and transfer players.

I have the appreciation.  Joe Kleine, Darrell Walker, Alvin Robertson, Dwight, Corey.  I know the list. 

MikePiazza

ATL, who would get Hogs to a Final Four by 2022?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 02:10:16 pm
ATL, who would get Hogs to a Final Four by 2022?

Wish I knew.  I think where some are is they are willing to risk giving up a career 22-12 on avg per season coach in hopes of hitting on someone better again.  They think they are seeing the ceiling and are willing to risk sliding back. 

My opinion is Arkansas is not the tough job some make it out to be especially when the state cycles through help.  It's one of the top 4-5 jobs in the conference and could be argued higher.  I feel confident there will be interest in it from qualified coaches when it opens again in however many years it does.  Unless a fan believes Mike doesn't have things under control off the court, I don't know why they would think we would end up in another hiring scenario where we ended up with Pelphrey. 

As far as our AD, I'm not sure how many hires he made at UH vs him being a yes man to Tillman. 

Smalltownhog95

Going from Heath/Pel and being afraid to walk away from Anderson is equivilant to going to a bar. Start talking to a 1 and a 2. Dancing with a 5. And being to afraid to try and go home with a 10 cuz she may reject and and youre stuck back with a 1.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 02:24:29 pm
Wish I knew.  I think where some are is they are willing to risk giving up a career 22-12 on avg per season coach in hopes of hitting on someone better again.  They think they are seeing the ceiling and are willing to risk sliding back. 

My opinion is Arkansas is not the tough job some make it out to be especially when the state cycles through help.  It's one of the top 4-5 jobs in the conference and could be argued higher.  I feel confident there will be interest in it from qualified coaches when it opens again in however many years it does.  Unless a fan believes Mike doesn't have things under control off the court, I don't know why they would think we would end up in another hiring scenario where we ended up with Pelphrey. 

As far as our AD, I'm not sure how many hires he made at UH vs him being a yes man to Tillman. 

That is exactly where I am. I've seen 7 seasons here of Mike, I know what we get with him. I am willing to take a chance on getting the next Eddie or Nolan. As I said yesterday, every great coach was once a up and comer.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on February 22, 2018, 02:32:34 pm
That is exactly where I am. I've seen 7 seasons here of Mike, I know what we get with him. I am willing to take a chance on getting the next Eddie or Nolan. As I said yesterday, every great coach was once a up and comer.

We've seen 16 years as a head coach plus the last several of Nolan.  The sample size is rather large.

You could see this coming a few years ago where fans would start questioning does his ceiling match our program's and thus the attempts to lower our expectations down to where they would match.  Next (and a run doesn't happen in this NCAAT), the fans will start feeling as they did deep into the Nutt era of the program being stuck or held hostage with no end in the near future.  That is when darn could get ugly. 

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 02:39:35 pm
We've seen 16 years as a head coach plus the last several of Nolan.  The sample size is rather large.

You could see this coming a few years ago where fans would start questioning does his ceiling match our program's and thus the attempts to lower our expectations down to where they would match.  Next (and a run doesn't happen in this NCAAT), the fans will start feeling as they did deep into the Nutt era of the program being stuck or held hostage with no end in the near future.  That is when darn could get ugly.

And after five years of Bielema, fans would've welcome the HDN era back with open arms. If you fire MA, you HAVE to find a significant upgrade. You can't gamble on somebody.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 03:47:04 pm
And after five years of Bielema, fans would've welcome the HDN era back with open arms. If you fire MA, you HAVE to find a significant upgrade. You can't gamble on somebody.

Those would have been dumbass fans. No matter how Bielema did it wouldn't have meant we should have kept Nutt or rehired him.

The best thing about Bielema was he was hired to do a job and could be fired when it wasn't up to standard.  Nothing more. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 03:47:04 pm

Coaching changes are always a gamble. At the time, Bielema was a great hire.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 03:50:35 pm
Those would have been dumbass fans. No matter how Bielema did it wouldn't have meant we should have kept Nutt or rehired him.

The best thing about Bielema was he was hired to do a job and could be fired when it wasn't up to standard.  Nothing more.

Right, but I'm saying that fans would've taken the winning he did back. If you fire MA, you have to find someone that can go 25-6 on average. Is there a coach out there that can do that that wants the job?

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 03:52:43 pm
Right, but I'm saying that fans would've taken the winning he did back. If you fire MA, you have to find someone that can go 25-6 on average. Is there a coach out there that can do that that wants the job?

There is no way to know what a coach is going to do when they change jobs. IF Coach K or Bill Self came here there is no way to know that. But you cant find out if you dont try.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

steveaustin69

Villanova shouldn't have fired Steve Lappas with your line of thinking.  He made 4 NCAA tourneys in 9 years.

But, smartly, they did.  They hired Jay Wright. I think you know where it goes from there.

Atlhogfan1

His winning was limited.  Not sure why anyone would want that back unless good enough is good enough for you. 

I don't think they have to go 25-6 on average.  But what they do need to do is show they can be closer to '77-96 than the last seasons of the Nolan era and these 6+ seasons.  If they don't show signs they will have the program heading that direction, hire the next coach.  Otherwise, what's really the point of continuing to pay attention unless you are just a hardcore fan of college basketball? 

From '77-96, we were at least in the SW16 10 out of 20 seasons.  If a coach at Arkansas can't get the basketball program to the point this isn't a legit goal, then why keep him?  Not saying they have to actually make a Sw16 50% of the time.  But don't go into NCAATs continuously as a 7-8-9-10 seed needing to upset someone or have a high seed in our bracket upset to advance to the second weekend. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 04:07:23 pm
His winning was limited.  Not sure why anyone would want that back unless good enough is good enough for you. 

I don't think they have to go 25-6 on average.  But what they do need to do is show they can be closer to '77-96 than the last seasons of the Nolan era and these 6+ seasons.  If they don't show signs they will have the program heading that direction, hire the next coach.  Otherwise, what's really the point of continuing to pay attention unless you are just a hardcore fan of college basketball? 

From '77-96, we were at least in the SW16 10 out of 20 seasons.  If a coach at Arkansas can't get the basketball program to the point this isn't a legit goal, then why keep him?  Not saying they have to actually make a Sw16 50% of the time.  But don't go into NCAATs continuously as a 7-8-9-10 seed needing to upset someone or have a high seed in our bracket upset to advance to the second weekend.

I'm steveasutin69 and I endorse this message.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 22, 2018, 02:24:58 pm
Going from Heath/Pel and being afraid to walk away from Anderson is equivilant to going to a bar. Start talking to a 1 and a 2. Dancing with a 5. And being to afraid to try and go home with a 10 cuz she may reject and and youre stuck back with a 1.

This is a part of the disconnect.  A portion of fans used the 9 years post-Nolan to justify their reasoning Nolan shouldn't have been fired and Mike should have been hired after he was fired.  Mike was the only answer and is the only answer still unless we want to go back to the Heath/Pelphrey level.  Reasoning used loosely in this comment. 

daprospecta

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 22, 2018, 02:24:58 pm
Let's stick with the bar scene. Let's say you have a 7(that has potential to be an 8...maybe a 9) locked and loaded and she is really into you. There are other 7's around but very few 8's and 9's and maybe 3 10's.  Do you gamble losing your 7 that has potential for a slim chance at an 8,9, or 10? I wouldn't take that gamble.  Even though we are an 8 seed, we have been projected in the tourney all year.  Last year, you all clamored about how great Frank Martin is.  This year, Frank Martin won't be in the NCAA barring an SEC tourney run.  We have a GOOD coach guys. GREAT coaches are very hard to come by. I'm fine with a good coach because a good coach wins the ship every five or so years.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 04:15:36 pm
This is a part of the disconnect.  A portion of fans used the 9 years post-Nolan to justify their reasoning Nolan shouldn't have been fired and Mike should have been hired after he was fired.  Mike was the only answer and is the only answer still unless we want to go back to the Heath/Pelphrey level.  Reasoning used loosely in this comment.

Missed on Self, missed on Altman. Gotta hit this time.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2018, 03:56:00 pm
yeah that is a ringing endorsement. our fans have become a bunch of snowflakes.

What's a snowflake?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 04:29:48 pm
Missed on Self, missed on Altman. Gotta hit this time.

I wouldn't say we missed on either.  Unique circumstances I would hope Mike wouldn't set up with a departure.  Both were (reportedly) willing to take the job and leave successful secure positions. 

We wouldn't have to hit.  Fire in 5-6 seasons and go again.  Nothing says you can't.  Now you can at some point get to where the expectations scare off candidates.  As I said earlier it's a risk some are willing to take.  Doesn't make them wrong or haters(not directed at you).

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 04:34:08 pm
I wouldn't say we missed on either.  Unique circumstances I would hope Mike wouldn't set up with a departure.  Both were (reportedly) willing to take the job and leave successful secure positions. 

We wouldn't have to hit.  Fire in 5-6 seasons and go again.  Nothing says you can't.  Now you can at some point get to where the expectations scare off candidates.  As I said earlier it's a risk some are willing to take.  Doesn't make them wrong or haters(not directed at you).

Just wish there could be some togetherness. It'd be great if Hogs could go on a run under MA this year, but if not, it's time to seriously consider an alternative.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 22, 2018, 04:46:02 pm
Just wish there could be some togetherness. It'd be great if Hogs could go on a run under MA this year, but if not, it's time to seriously consider an alternative.

It would help with a run this year.  But it would need to be followed up again rather soon but a big roster turnover is coming.  I don't think he will win over nearly all the fan base(no coach will ever have 100% support) till runs becomes consistent and we are a relevant program again.  Continuing to fall apart every time an opportunity presents itself just kills any goodwill momentum.

steveaustin69

Quote from: daprospecta on February 22, 2018, 04:26:42 pm
Let's stick with the bar scene. Let's say you have a 7(that has potential to be an 8...maybe a 9) locked and loaded and she is really into you. There are other 7's around but very few 8's and 9's and maybe 3 10's.  Do you gamble losing your 7 that has potential for a slim chance at an 8,9, or 10? I wouldn't take that gamble.  Even though we are an 8 seed, we have been projected in the tourney all year.  Last year, you all clamored about how great Frank Martin is.  This year, Frank Martin won't be in the NCAA barring an SEC tourney run.  We have a GOOD coach guys. GREAT coaches are very hard to come by. I'm fine with a good coach because a good coach wins the ship every five or so years.

Ha. What ship is Mike gonna win? The Maui invitational a random year?

List of coaches to win a national title since 2000: Izzo, Coach K, Gary Williams, Boeheim, Roy Williams, Calhoun, Donavan, Self, Calipari, Kevin Ollie, Jay Wright

Aside from Ollie getting lucky with Napier and Boatright (who were Calhoun's players by the way) playing out of their minds during the tournament only GREAT coaches win championships.

daprospecta

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 22, 2018, 04:57:06 pm
Ha. What ship is Mike gonna win? The Maui invitational a random year?

List of coaches to win a national title since 2000: Izzo, Coach K, Gary Williams, Boeheim, Roy Williams, Calhoun, Donavan, Self, Calipari, Kevin Ollie, Jay Wright

Aside from Ollie getting lucky with Napier and Boatright (who were Calhoun's players by the way) playing out of their minds during the tournament only GREAT coaches win championships.
My point is still valid. Fun fact about Jay Wright.  He never made it out of the of second round from 2009-2016, 2016 being the year they won the ship. Villanova also got put out the tourney in the round of 32 last year.  This furthers my point.  Even the coaches people call great make the tourney and get put out early.  There is a reason it's called SWEET 16 because it's hard to make it.

steveaustin69

February 22, 2018, 05:27:42 pm #84 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:09:45 pm by steveaustin69
Quote from: daprospecta on February 22, 2018, 05:08:25 pm
My point is still valid. Fun fact about Jay Wright.  He never made it out of the of second round from 2009-2016, 2016 being the year they won the ship. Villanova also got put out the tourney in the round of 32 last year.  This furthers my point.  Even the coaches people call great make the tourney and get put out early.  There is a reason it's called SWEET 16 because it's hard to make it.

Yea. They make it every or damn near every year. The more times you make it the better your chances at making a run. Your point isn't still valid: GREAT coaches win championships.

Jay Wright has made 12 tourney appearances in 13 years. Two Sweet 16s, Elite Eight, Final Four, and a Championship.  Sweet 16 or better in 5 of 12 attempts and a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

We're looking at a hopeful 3 appearances in 7 years with nothing past the second round.

daprospecta

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 22, 2018, 05:27:42 pm
Yea. They make it every or damn near every year. The more times you make it the better your chances at making a run. Your point isn't still valid: GREAT coaches win championships.

Jay Wright has made 12 tourney appearances in 13 years. Two Sweet 16s, Elite Eight, Final Four, and a Championship.  Sweet 16 or better in 5 of 12 attempts and a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

We're looking at a hopeful 4 appearances in 7 years with nothing past the second round.
Since 2009, he's been booted in the round of 32 or sooner other than the year they got hot and won the tourney. The same complaint you have with Mike you would have with Jay and Mick Cronin. That complaint is not making it past the round of 32. Is Mike a great coach? No but if I gave you a bet that I'd pay you 50,000 if you lay down 10,000 that we would hire a great coach if we fired Mike, would you take that bet? Don't worry...... I'll wait.

razorpimp

Quote from: daprospecta on February 22, 2018, 05:08:25 pm

Come on you are picking and choosing which timeframe to try and prove your point.  Look at all his years not just what fits

First seven years like Mike at Ark
NIT
NIT
NIT
NCAA sweet 16
NCAA elite eight
NCAA first Round
NCAA sweet 16

Mike
Nothing
Nothing
NIT
NCAA round of 32
Nothing
NCAA round of 32
?

Can you see the difference???? 

steveaustin69

Quote from: daprospecta on February 22, 2018, 05:44:50 pm
Since 2009, he's been booted in the round of 32 or sooner other than the year they got hot and won the tourney. The same complaint you have with Mike you would have with Jay and Mick Cronin. That complaint is not making it past the round of 32. Is Mike a great coach? No but if I gave you a bet that I'd pay you 50,000 if you lay down 10,000 that we would hire a great coach if we fired Mike, would you take that bet? Don't worry...... I'll wait.

Your point I took exception to was and I quote: a GOOD coach wins a championship every five years or so.

That simply is not true.  Hell, go look back to 1980 and tell me how many only good and not GREAT coaches won a title.

Even though you are completely changing the conversation I'll entertain your frankly misguided post.

Yes, myself and the fan base would probably get a little restless getting bounced from the second round consistently. The difference is Jay Wright went to two Sweet 16s, an Elite Eight, and a Final Four prior to 2009.  I wouldn't condone firing a coach with that track record who is consistently getting 1-3 seeds.

Are you serious? Of course it's unlikely we hire a truly great coach. I, however, do not think it would be too difficult to find someone as good or better than Mike. Every coaching change/hire is a gamble. 

Your thought is we should just suck it up and be cool with what we've got because that's as good as it's gonna get? You can think that way; I won't.

99toLife

Quote from: razorpimp on February 22, 2018, 05:54:18 pm
Come on you are picking and choosing which timeframe to try and prove your point.  Look at all his years not just what fits

First seven years like Mike at Ark
NIT
NIT
NIT
NCAA sweet 16
NCAA elite eight
NCAA first Round
NCAA sweet 16

Mike
Nothing
Nothing
NIT
NCAA round of 32
Nothing
NCAA round of 32
?

Can you see the difference????

Wow that's not fair, fighting with facts.  Stop that...

razorpimp

Quote from: 99toLife on February 22, 2018, 05:59:39 pm
Wow that's not fair, fighting with facts.  Stop that...

I know I would die to get that kind of results but alas

daprospecta

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 22, 2018, 05:54:24 pm
Your point I took exception to was and I quote: a GOOD coach wins a championship every five years or so.

That simply is not true.  Hell, go look back to 1980 and tell me how many only good and not GREAT coaches won a title.

Even though you are completely changing the conversation I'll entertain your frankly misguided post.

Yes, myself and the fan base would probably get a little restless getting bounced from the second round consistently. The difference is Jay Wright went to two Sweet 16s, an Elite Eight, and a Final Four prior to 2009.  I wouldn't condone firing a coach with that track record who is consistently getting 1-3 seeds.

Are you serious? Of course it's unlikely we hire a truly great coach. I, however, do not think it would be too difficult to find someone as good or better than Mike. Every coaching change/hire is a gamble. 

Your thought is we should just suck it up and be cool with what we've got because that's as good as it's gonna get? You can think that way; I won't.
My problem with this mindset is you aren't looking at the overall picture. Who gives a fu** if you are a number one seed if you are getting booted in your or second game. Stop lying.  You'd say JW can't produce when it counts.  Anyone clamoring for a new head coach does not know the basketball landscape, PERIOD.  If you did, you wouldn't be begging for a new head coach because you would know there aren't many out there that would produce better RESULTS than Mike.

golfinpig

Quote from: hogsanity on February 22, 2018, 08:54:43 am
Just remember this - every great coach was once a up and comer that someone had the foresight or just plain good luck to hire. You don'f find the next great one by standing pat with one that has proven to be average.
Amen brother!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 21, 2018, 10:00:08 am
Most of us thought we were for sure in the NCAA Tournament in 2014 as well, then Mediocre Mike choked against two sub .500 teams. We are not for sure in the NCAA Tournament yet. If we finish 1-3 here on out, we won't be in.
When exactly did you think that in 2014? The team made a historic 8-1 run down the stretch to even be in the conversation. Knowing your history, I'm sure you were quiet during the good run and slammed the team when we finally lost a game. Just stfu and find another team to pull for.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 22, 2018, 05:27:42 pm

We're looking at a hopeful 3 appearances in 7 years with nothing past the second round.

correction ....3....but just give him time
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

golfinpig

Quote from: daprospecta on February 22, 2018, 07:30:26 pm
My problem with this mindset is you aren't looking at the overall picture. Who gives a fu** if you are a number one seed if you are getting booted in your or second game. Stop lying.  You'd say JW can't produce when it counts.  Anyone clamoring for a new head coach does not know the basketball landscape, PERIOD.  If you did, you wouldn't be begging for a new head coach because you would know there aren't many out there that would produce better RESULTS than Mike.
I absolutely do know that there are a lot of coaches out there that can produce better than Mike if givin the chance. Finding and being able to get the right one is the key. 5 years ago no one had heard of Chris Beard but in his team's next game they will be playing for the top spot in the big 12.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 22, 2018, 08:51:45 pm
When exactly did you think that in 2014? The team made a historic 8-1 run down the stretch to even be in the conversation. Knowing your history, I'm sure you were quiet during the good run and slammed the team when we finally lost a game. Just stfu and find another team to pull for.
Yes we made a historic run to" even be in the conversation" in  your words. Is that the crowning achievement in Mike's time here? Is that the ceiling? Time to thank him and move on. Any real Hog fan would agree.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: porkinsons disease on February 22, 2018, 09:19:41 pm
Yes we made a historic run to" even be in the conversation" in  your words. Is that the crowning achievement in Mike's time here? Is that the ceiling? Time to thank him and move on. Any real Hog fan would agree.
Any real hog will pull for the team and support our coaching staff. Any punk bitch quitter will jump ship and complain about the coach at every turn. You people don't work for the u of a. You are not coaches. Hell you people don't even like Arkansas. The only time you're heard from is when times are tough. Just punks that probably hate themselves and have to get on a message board for a false sense of self worth.

Here's a news flash. You have zero control in who head coach at Arkansas is. You can bitch, moan, whine, complain, and make up juvenile names but it isn't worth one plugged nickel. Attendance is good and our team is competitive. Our AD is on record saying he agreed with the extension. I would say you're wasting your time but getting on some message board and crying like a bitch may be the highlight of your day.

Paul

with a huuge pay cut I bet

jst01

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 22, 2018, 09:47:31 pm
Any real hog will pull for the team and support our coaching staff. Any punk bitch quitter will jump ship and complain about the coach at every turn. You people don't work for the u of a. You are not coaches. Hell you people don't even like Arkansas. The only time you're heard from is when times are tough. Just punks that probably hate themselves and have to get on a message board for a false sense of self worth.

Here's a news flash. You have zero control in who head coach at Arkansas is. You can bitch, moan, whine, complain, and make up juvenile names but it isn't worth one plugged nickel. Attendance is good and our team is competitive. Our AD is on record saying he agreed with the extension. I would say you're wasting your time but getting on some message board and crying like a bitch may be the highlight of your day.

Here's why it takes too long for AR to realize they need to move on from a coach. Most AR fans, like this raging anger filled guy, are just fine with being competitive. As long as the stands are full and he gets to do the Hog call really loud. Win or lose, who cares, at least it was competitive and we were loud!!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jst01 on February 23, 2018, 07:30:39 am
Here's why it takes too long for AR to realize they need to move on from a coach. Most AR fans, like this raging anger filled guy, are just fine with being competitive. As long as the stands are full and he gets to do the Hog call really loud. Win or lose, who cares, at least it was competitive and we were loud!!
I'm not angry. I pull for the Razorbacks. When the PTB decide to fire the coach then the coach will be fired. I think people that are quiet as a church mouse when the hogs are winning and then come out of the woodworks to complain when the hogs are losing are cry baby punks. If that makes me an angry raged filled person then so be it.

I always thought being a fan meant supporting the team during the good times and when the ship is going down. You people are not coaches and you don't work for the athletic department. If you want to coach, then go get your degree and coach. If you want to pull your donations, then pull them. But quit crying like a little baby on a message board where people don't even know who you are.