Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Players - Your Mettle Is About To Be Tested

Started by The NewEra, December 09, 2017, 09:37:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

Quote from: rzrbk4life on December 09, 2017, 07:35:18 pm
No doubt it's time to put the petal to the mettle!!

I think you mean peddle to the meddle...

;)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 09, 2017, 09:53:53 am
Unless you work for Boeing, the term you're looking for is, "Test your mettle."

...Or if you bought an Olympic Medal that you wanted to authenticate...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ā 

Kneph13

The players are fixing to go through USMC boot camp, BUDS, and [edit] SERE (Survival) Training.  Taps Outs are going to occur, only the cream will rise to the top.

Go Hogs~
There is no Political Correctness in war

rickm1976

December 09, 2017, 08:30:52 pm #53 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:33:24 pm by rickm1976
Quote from: Kneph13 on December 09, 2017, 08:28:03 pm
The players are fixing to go through USMC boot camp, BUDS, and SEARS (Survival) Training.  Taps Outs are going to occur, only the cream will rise to the top.

Go Hogs~

Not to split hairs but, it's SERE - Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape.  It is a lot of fun until you get to the resistance part of it.  It was traumatic, and surprisingly realistic.

Kneph13

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 09, 2017, 08:30:52 pm
Not to split hairs but, it's SERE - Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape.

You are correct, I will edit it.  I'm old and forgot :)
There is no Political Correctness in war

hoglady

I was reading one of the Clemson message boards and this posters favorite Morris quote after a game was.

" I don't think the players are very happy with me right now, I worked them really hard this week. But that's OK - I don't need any 20 something yr old friends".

I liked it, too.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The NewEra

Quote from: hoglady on December 09, 2017, 08:49:34 pm
I was reading one of the Clemson message boards and this posters favorite Morris quote after a game was.

" I don't think the players are very happy with me right now, I worked them really hard this week. But that's OK - I don't need any 20 something yr old friends".

I liked it, too.

Now, that's funny!  :)

The NewEra

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 09, 2017, 08:28:03 pm
The players are fixing to go through USMC boot camp, BUDS, and [edit] SERE (Survival) Training.  Taps Outs are going to occur, only the cream will rise to the top.

Go Hogs~

^ This

Razor1997

I don't think the players ever quit.  I think the coaches did a poor job of conditioning them, and they just ran out of gas late in the games.  They wanted to win as much as the other team, the passion and the desire were there, but they were just exhausted and didn't have anything left in the tank to give.

Bash

Quote from: Hogs run wild on December 09, 2017, 10:06:25 am
dood took SMU to a bowl game. SMU! i bet if he had stayed, his record for wins would've kept going up. that's the thing you want in a coach, to see consistent improvement. Bret's team showed some improvement, then the team showed regression over the past 2 years. Regression is a bad sign of poor coaching.

You...did...not...type..."dood" did you?  Seriously?  Dood?
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.