Tennessee - Scott Frost
A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Norvell
Nebraska - Leach
Auburn - Petrino
Miss St. - Neal Brown

Where you got Mullen headed to?

duckman

I think Tenner may end up with Mullen...

Quote from: TX HOG on November 12, 2017, 10:25:14 pm
Where you got Mullen headed to?
Just a guess, but I'm going to say out west like UCLA. I could see tenn like duck said too.

ChicoHog

Tenn- Babers
Hogs-Norvell
Auburn-Malzahn
Bama-Saban
A&M-Morris
Mississippi-Brown
Miss St-Mullen
Florida-Frost
Az St-Kelly or Sumlin
Nebraska-Jason Candle (Toledo)

imtad16

Quote from: Karma on November 12, 2017, 10:07:18 pm
Time to go on record as to who will fill coaching vacancies. Here's mine:

Arkansas - Gus
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Scott Frost
A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Norvell
Nebraska - Leach
Auburn - Petrino
Miss St. - Neal Brown

I would hate to see Norvell at Ole Miss with Shea Patterson and those receivers.

Ironhawg

Arkansas - Gus
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Scott Frost
A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Norvell
Nebraska - Leach
Auburn - Petrino
Miss St. - Neal Brown

Arkansas - ???
Florida - Mullen
Tennessee - ???
A&M - Morris
Ole Miss - Miles
Nebraska - Frost
Auburn - Gus
Miss State -  ???

ipigsooie

Arkansas-Norvell
Tennessee-mullen
Miss. St.-neil Brown
Ole miss- Charlie strong
Florida-scott frost or Willie haggard
Auburn-gus malzahn

ipigsooie

Today's article on gridiron now. Not saying they are right. It doesn't look too off of what a lot of people are saying.

http://gridironnow.com/sec-coaching-carousel-guesses-where-coaches-land/

GuvHog

Arkansas - Gus
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Scott Frost
A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Norvell
Nebraska - Leach
Auburn - Petrino
Miss St. - Neal Brown

Arkansas - Mike Norvell
Florida - Dan Mullen
Tennessee - Chip Kelly
Texas A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Matt Luke*
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Auburn - Gus Malzahn
Miss State - Lane Kiffin

* If it weren't for the major sanctions hanging over Ole Miss's head, they would probably go a different direction. My guess is they'll stand pat with Matt Luke until the sanctions are levied and they are in the clear.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ipigsooie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 09:48:20 am
Arkansas - Mike Norvell
Florida - Mullen
Tennessee - Chip Kelly
Texas A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Matt Luke
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Auburn - Gus Malzahn
Miss State - Lane Kiffin

Very nice! I like them all except maybe Florida and Tennessee. Maybe Florida with Kelly and Tennessee with Mullen or Campbell. Good picks!

HF#1

Chip Kelly rumored to be in negotiations with Florida.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 09:53:17 am

I read that they were clearing his background.  May just be a matter of time. This isn't what the east wants. Chip may be a big time hire for Florida.

bosshog84

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 12, 2017, 10:10:42 pm
Arkansas-  Either Gus or Norvell

I really don't care about the others

This is what I'm thinking as well

HF#1

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 09:54:57 am
I read that they were clearing his background.  May just be a matter of time. This isn't what the east wants. Chip may be a big time hire for Florida.

Announcement in a matter of a day or two.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 09:53:17 am

If Florida gets Chip Kelley then I look for Tennessee to go after Mullen.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 09:48:20 am
Arkansas - Mike Norvell
Florida - Dan Mullen
Tennessee - Chip Kelly
Texas A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Matt Luke*
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Auburn - Gus Malzahn
Miss State - Lane Kiffin

* If it weren't for the major sanctions hanging over Ole Miss's head, they would probably go a different direction. My guess is they'll stand pat with Matt Luke until the sanctions are levied and they are in the clear.

I could see Les Miles in the job

Dominicanhog

UF  Kelly
UT   Petrino
UA   Kiffin
A&M  Morris
OM  Miles

I look for Stoops to take a job somewhere else... maybe Nebraska, if not Frost..

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 10:00:03 am
If Florida gets Chip Kelley then I look for Tennessee to go after Mullen.

Why do you leave a program you built for a program that is a disaster? I'm starting to think Mullen actually likes his job and isn't going to jump ship.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 10:16:15 am
Why do you leave a program you built for a program that is a disaster? I'm starting to think Mullen actually likes his job and isn't going to jump ship.

Money talks. If Tennessee really wants Mullin, Miss State can't out bid Tennessee.

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 10:17:37 am
Money talks. If Tennessee really wants Mullin, Miss State can't out bid Tennessee.

Money doesn't buy happiness. If I were Mullen I'd tell Tenner no thanks before they even threw out a number. Tennessee needs to be humbled. I hope they have to go to choices 4 and 5.

GuvHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 13, 2017, 10:06:24 am
I could see Les Miles in the job

No quality coach is going to take the Ole Miss job with the heavy sanctions hanging over the rebels heads. I think they ride it out with Luke. If he has success, they'll extend his contract. If not, they'll can him and look elsewhere.

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 10:16:15 am

I think he has wanted out of stark Vegas for a while. Just waiting on the right place. If Tenn offers he is gone imo.

HF#1

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 10:22:05 am
I think he has wanted out of stark Vegas for a while. Just waiting on the right place. If Tenn offers he is gone imo.

You don't think he has had many many opportunities to leave?

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 10:19:21 am
Money doesn't buy happiness. If I were Mullen I'd tell Tenner no thanks before they even threw out a number. Tennessee needs to be humbled. I hope they have to go to choices 4 and 5.

They haven't been in the top 25 for quite sometime now and that is pretty humbling. They are desperate and will go after a big name HC.

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 10:21:40 am
No quality coach is going to take the Ole Miss job with the heavy sanctions hanging over the rebels heads. I think they ride it out with Luke. If he has success, they'll extend his contract. If not, they'll can him and look elsewhere.

I don't think anyone is busting down the door of Les Miles (maybe Jeff Long). I think rebuilding Ole Miss would be a good project for him.

Wooderson

I think the Hogs will offer Gus 4+ a year to coach.  Gus will see that he has a great team at Auburn next year and stay to shoot for a championship.  We will then go after Norvell and I am hoping that we get him.

So I say that we get Mike Norvell.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 10:24:08 am
You don't think he has had many many opportunities to leave?

No. Not really. He was considering leaving for UCONN a few years back. That should tell you how bad he wanted out. Miss st. was so sure he was going they were set to start interviewing for his position.

HF#1

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 13, 2017, 10:26:55 am
No. Not really. He was considering leaving for UCONN a few years back. That should tell you how bad he wanted out. Miss st. was so sure he was going they were set to start interviewing for his position.

I have to think he has had/turned down a bunch the last 3-5 years.

GuvHog

Quote from: Wooderson on November 13, 2017, 10:25:06 am
I think the Hogs will offer Gus 4+ a year to coach.  Gus will see that he has a great team at Auburn next year and stay to shoot for a championship.  We will then go after Norvell and I am hoping that we get him.

So I say that we get Mike Norvell.

Auburn gets Alabama at home this year. If the Tigers win that game, Arkansas won't even bother making Gus an offer.

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 10:27:29 am
I have to think he has had/turned down a bunch the last 3-5 years.

I don't think so. Since Mullen arrived in Starkville, most of the Big schools believed it's a matter of time before he ends up in Gainsville as Gators HC. If Florida goes another direction, look for a Big school to come after Mullen.

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on November 13, 2017, 10:34:00 am
I don't think so. Since Mullen arrived in Starkville, most of the Big schools believed it's a matter of time before he ends up in Gainsville as Gators HC. If Florida goes another direction, look for a Big school to come after Mullen.

I disagree. I think after the dust settles, he is still in Starkvegas

my3boneheads

Hogs. Neal Brown
Florida. Frost
Tennessee. Norvell
A&M. Morris
Ole Miss. Kiffin
Nebraska. Mullen
Miss St. Petrino

ChicoHog

I have read that UF AD, Scott Stricklin, did get along with Mullen in Starkville so maybe he doesn't want him in Gainesville. 

Florida might work for Kelly as he does not like to recruit and UF is much easier to recruit to than about 90% of the schools out there.  He has to recruit defense though like Zook, Meyer and Muschamp did.  McElwain dropped the recruiting down somewhat the last couple of years.
I don't think he likes living in a fishbowl like Gainesville.  He prefers to be left alone.

my3boneheads

Wouldn't be surprised if Long hired someone like Greg Schiano.

GoHogs1091

Arkansas   Skip Holtz or Jim Grobe
Florida   Dan Mullen
Tennessee   Mike Norvell
Texas A&M   Chad Morris
Ole Miss   Lane Kiffin or Les Miles
Mississippi State   Neal Brown
Nebraska   Scott Frost
Memphis   Blake Anderson
Arkansas State   Rhett Lashlee

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 13, 2017, 08:06:52 pm
Arkansas   Skip Holtz or Jim Grobe
Florida   Dan Mullen
Tennessee   Mike Norvell
Texas A&M   Chad Morris
Ole Miss   Lane Kiffin or Les Miles
Mississippi State   Neal Brown
Nebraska   Scott Frost
Memphis   Blake Anderson
Arkansas State   Rhett Lashlee
Ugh. I hope that's not right.

Silent

Jesus I can't even Fathom having Saban, Petrino, Kelly, Kiffin, Smart, Malzahn, and Mullens all coaching in the sec.  the whole top ten in the ap poll would be sec 😂 Lol

ChicoHog

The more I think about the more I like Mullen to Nebraska If Frost does not take it.  He could get out of the SEC, go to a division where Iowa and Wisconsin are the two toughest opponents normally, great chance to get to Big 10 championship game, fans are maybe the best in college football, and he would be loved by everyone if he has any degree of success.  Not easy to recruit to but Mullen has now recruited enough in the south to use some contacts and get skill positions and some Dlineman. 

I still think Frost is the first domino in the equation if UCF does not make conference championship game.  If they do then some other schools will jump ahead publicly but behind the scenes I still think Frost holds all the cards, especially if he goes to UF. 

jgcat4

Arkansas - Mike Norvell
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Gruden (although I hate to say it)
A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Charlie Strong
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Auburn - Gus
Miss St. - Dan "Miss St" Mullen
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

havok

Arkansas - Mike Norvell
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Scott Frost
Ole Miss - Charlie Strong
Nebraska - Blake Anderson
Texas A&M - Mike Leach
Memphis - Rhett Lashlee

Boardon Hamsay

My only predictions are that Chip Kelly and Jim Tressel return to the sidelines in 2018.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

clutch

Quote from: HF#1 on November 13, 2017, 10:35:17 am
I disagree. I think after the dust settles, he is still in Starkvegas

That's what I thought too, until Saturday when he mentioned how happy he was in Starkville and isn't planning on going anywhere. That seems to almost always mean "I'm gone."

Boardon Hamsay

I will make a second prediction. Bill Snyder does finally retire after this season ends.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hugo Bezdek

Arkansas - Gus Malzahn (also as Associate AD of Football Program) + Terry Don Phillips as 2-year Interim AD + Tim Horton as AD in training
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Brent Venables
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Texas A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Matt Luke rides out the sanctions
Auburn - Matt Campbell
Arizona State - Mike Norvell
Oregon State - Les Miles

The Hogfather

Arkansas - Norvell
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Mullen
A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Some Unlucky SOB (Seth Littrell?)
Nebraska - Frost
Auburn - Gus
Miss St. - Neal Brown

Hawginj

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on November 15, 2017, 01:17:09 pm
Arkansas - Gus Malzahn (also as Associate AD of Football Program) + Terry Don Phillips as 2-year Interim AD + Tim Horton as AD in training
Florida - Chip Kelly
Tennessee - Brent Venables
Nebraska - Scott Frost
Texas A&M - Chad Morris
Ole Miss - Matt Luke rides out the sanctions
Auburn - Matt Campbell
Arizona State - Mike Norvell
Oregon State - Les Miles
good Lord you really want Arkansas football  to be like Kentucky don't you

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Hawginj on November 15, 2017, 01:28:24 pm
good Lord you really want Arkansas football  to be like Kentucky don't you

Not what I want, what I predict. I think the Broyles GOBN will be back in full control of Razorback athletics. I personally don't care for Gus and would rather have Venables, Norvell, or Morris.