Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many have the patience to get there?

Started by Hogindasticks, October 20, 2017, 09:44:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

It's a process.....I am just wondering how many razorback fans have the patience to have ANYONE coach a football team (leave the coach alone and let him build) at Arkansas.  Anyone that coaches here will go thru all the pains of growing a quality program.  From what I am seeing......not many.  Instant success can't be had by a program that has gone thru the pains of what this program has gone thru in the last decade.

Marshfieldhog

5 years and we are regressing. Next man up!

Uberanubis

this is not growing a quality program. show me where there is a sign of life ad that they are growing something. this has been a regress the last 2 years.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Uberanubis on October 20, 2017, 09:46:52 pm
this is not growing a quality program. show me where there is a sign of life ad that they are growing something. this has been a regress the last 2 years.
there is something growing, but its more akin to the green fuse growing on the leftovers in the back of my fridge.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogindasticks

Ok...lets keep starting over every other year and see how far it gets us....it won't.  You can say what you want about any coach....but I am seeing a track record of players going to the NFL and playing as a sign that the correct instruction is there.        If that instruction is there.........shut up, sit back and watch the show.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:44:29 pm
How many have the patience to get there?
to get where? the bottom of the SEC?

we I'm pretty sure we are there.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gchamblee

I have the patience. I have been patient with CBB. I approve of a lot of the things he has done. However, I want to win and in year 5, with all of his own recruits, I expect better than this. If he gets next year I think I will be disappointed. I think we need a new coach and I would like to see that new coach build around Cole.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:48:07 pm
Ok...lets keep starting over every other year and see how far it gets us....it won't.  You can say what you want about any coach....but I am seeing a track record of players going to the NFL and playing as a sign that the correct instruction is there.        If that instruction is there.........shut up, sit back and watch the show.

Every other year? It's been 5 years.

5 little pigs

I question my patience for sure, we haven't made the progress this year that I thought we would but obviously losing Pittman hurt us more than anyone thought, both recruiting and on the field.  I like CBB and think if we stick with him a couple more years he will get it done.  Just really started with NOTHING.  Petrino and especially John L left a train wreck!!!  Painful at present but starting over just prolongs the misery!!

ronmahony

Every other year? Man five years there ought to be some kind of progress, not getting worse, getting better. I don't believe you can show one area that has improved.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: 5 little pigs on October 20, 2017, 09:52:28 pm
I question my patience for sure, we haven't made the progress this year that I thought we would but obviously losing Pittman hurt us more than anyone thought, both recruiting and on the field.  I like CBB and think if we stick with him a couple more years he will get it done.  Just really started with NOTHING.  Petrino and especially John L left a train wreck!!!  Painful at present but starting over just prolongs the misery!!

AMEN!

PorkSoda

Quote from: 5 little pigs on October 20, 2017, 09:52:28 pm

trey flowers, Jonathon williams, Brandon Allen, kiero small, dietrich wise, hatcher, philon, sprinkle, etc etc.  were BP/JLS recruits that are now gone.

hogfanmd

So if he is building , why is the offensive line one of the weakest links, when that is his speciality.   I've not seen the return on investment if the 20-25 mill he has received IMO.    If 6-6 and 7-5 is all Arkansas can muster someone can get that done for 1.5 mill a year and lower ticket prices

Hogindasticks

You cant build a legit SEC team in 5 years, because you have to overcome the SEC Reputation for recruiting.  The level of kids you need to compete are few and far between.  As good of a recruiting session that Butch Jones has had is still showing how hard it is to build it.  Another level means longer tenure and need of more patience by fan base to get it done.  I guarantee you that if people will keep supporting the Hogs and the coaches....that what they want to happen is going to happen.....a winning long term program.....

Hogindasticks

Quote from: hogfanmd on October 20, 2017, 09:58:07 pm
So if he is building , why is the offensive line one of the weakest links, when that is his speciality.   I've not seen the return on investment if the 20-25 mill he has received IMO.    If 6-6 and 7-5 is all Arkansas can muster someone can get that done for 1.5 mill a year and lower ticket prices

have you looked on the net for the recruiting for next year?  if not, you need to.

grayhawg

It's a process.....I am just wondering how many razorback fans have the patience to have ANYONE coach a football team (leave the coach alone and let him build) at Arkansas.  Anyone that coaches here will go thru all the pains of growing a quality program.  From what I am seeing......not many.  Instant success can't be had by a program that has gone thru the pains of what this program has gone thru in the last decade.
I'm not sure he can get it done if he had 15 years,

Cinco de Hogo

Can I manage your money...please, please, please?

East Clintwood

10 years of Hootie saw a long string of Arkansas players head on the the NFL.  That is not an indicator of a successful coach or a well run program.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Hogindasticks

Quote from: grayhawg on October 20, 2017, 09:59:55 pm
I'm not sure he can get it done if he had 15 years,

Maybe not, but who else could?   No one else out there that could build this any faster.......Recruiting takes tenure.  They did it at Wisconsin.....with time, it will happen here too.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Year 5 and we are not competitive. It would be a different story for me if we were. Not to add in the fact that they've been playing the wrong guys since last spring.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawgon

Wild Bill Hog

What team are you watching?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 10:03:16 pm
10 years of Hootie saw a long string of Arkansas players head on the the NFL.  That is not an indicator of a successful coach or a well run program.

Yea but Hootie was more competitive than BB with those players.

Hogindasticks

I think the joke is on the fans that don't support a team that is going in the right direction...sometimes its not always about the win, its about growing so you can get many.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:03:38 pm
Maybe not, but who else could?   No one else out there that could build this any faster.......Recruiting takes tenure.  They did it at Wisconsin.....with time, it will happen here too.

Petrino did it and Nutt left him NOTHING!

hogfanmd

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:59:01 pm
have you looked on the net for the recruiting for next year?  if not, you need to.

We are ranked #63.  A state is #70.  Not knocking the recruits.  You just said I should look

Hogindasticks

Petrino didn't do squat...let a bunch of individuals run around.....he never had a team.

Defense couldn't tackle anyone.....or don't you remember those from screaming from all the touchdowns?
Louisville is the same way, they can't do nothing on the defensive side of the ball...if you can't play defense, you become Missouri.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:12:18 pm
I think the joke is on the fans that don't support a team that is going in the right direction...sometimes its not always about the win, its about growing so you can get many.

Is the baby in bed yet, Jen?

Hogindasticks

How Long does it take to build a reputation?

Hogindasticks

You cant build a rep by changing coaches every year.

HogPharmer

There is a "YUUUGE" difference in "growing pains" and the patience it takes to build a successful program and a complete and utter failure to even show any signs of competency and ability to develop and compete in ALL 3 phases of the game. This is not just a down year where we've had some sort of drop off from losing talent. Have we lost talent since last year? Sure. But it's not like we have lost 22 senior starters from last year and replaced them with 22 starters who have never played a snap of SEC football and we (as fans) are just being impatient with their development. There is no developing of players going on. There are no signs of life or positives to point to for future hope for this program as of now. Not with this coaching staff.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

kaiserhog

This notion that a new coach means a another 5 year rebuild is a product of simple minds.

bob slydell

Upward trajectory would require patience to get to the pinnacle.  Our situation would require apathy to maintain the status quo.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:17:39 pm
Petrino didn't do squat...let a bunch of individuals run around.....he never had a team.

Defense couldn't tackle anyone.....or don't you remember those from screaming from all the touchdowns?
Louisville is the same way, they can't do nothing on the defensive side of the ball...if you can't play defense, you become Missouri.

He did a lot better than your man on offense AND defense.  36/22, what's your mans average's?

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:12:18 pm

In what way is the team moving in the right direction? Name ONE.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 20, 2017, 10:20:53 pm
He did a lot better than your man on offense AND defense.  36/22, what's your mans average's?

Watch Louisville.....oh..forgot..not in the top 25 with a HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER on the team......wow....

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

HiggiePiggy

It is pretty simple.  He has shown through 5 years that he is unable to overcome a second half game.  He has yet to win a game when he has trailed in the second half and he has lost many when he had the lead or was tied at halftime.  So 5 years is enough for me to see that he can't get it done here.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogPharmer

Are you saying Mizzou is some sort of offensive powerhouse that can't win because they can't play defense? They've scored less than 15 points in 3 of their 5 P5 games they've played this year.

Hogindasticks

If you have made your mind up....that this whole program is a loss...you will never be happy with any program that the Razorbacks put together with any coach.  Just simply because you don't understand the process and what it is going to take to build a reputation.    SEC Reputation.....its not the same as other conferences.....

kaiserhog

This ranks as one of the dumbest posts in Hogville history.  You either have an agenda or.... We won't mention that as we are trying to be civil.

HardCore

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 09:58:25 pm
You cant build a legit SEC team in 5 years

Seriously?  Saban did - twice.  Kirby Smart did.  Petrino did.  Spurrier did.  Chizik did.  Milles took over a good situation, but he did.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:24:55 pm
Watch Louisville.....oh..forgot..not in the top 25 with a HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER on the team......wow....

A "crappy" Louisville team that would beat us like a drum. Keep in mind that the ACC is probably the best conference in football right now. They were last year too. Bret still can't compete (much less win) in the SEC which is downright deplorable right now.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:28:21 pm
If you have made your mind up....that this whole program is a loss...you will never be happy with any program that the Razorbacks put together with any coach.  Just simply because you don't understand the process and what it is going to take to build a reputation.    SEC Reputation.....its not the same as other conferences.....

Reputation means nothing in the present. Reputation is something to brag about. But the SEC's 7 consecutive NC's don't mean diddly squat for the level of competition on the field in 2017.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 20, 2017, 10:33:03 pm
Reputation means nothing in the present. Reputation is something to brag about. But the SEC's 7 consecutive NC's don't mean diddly squat for the level of competition on the field in 2017.

You don't recruit without reputation...sorry...but it doesn't happen......

hogfanmd

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:28:21 pm

I have made up my mind that I much more enjoyed the NUTT And Petrino era vastly more then the Beliema era.   

rude1

The only thing being built here since he got here is BB bank account. Since the last of BP recruits have gone through the program there is a noticeable drop off in on the field production. But yeah lets keep wallowing in the mud for ten years so we can make sure BB isn't going to work out..............

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:34:42 pm
You don't recruit without reputation...sorry...but it doesn't happen......

And right now our reputation is in the crapper... thanks to CBB. So you just invalidated your entire OP. Thanks. You may leave now.

Simply being in the SEC doesn't give you "street cred" (i.e. reputation). See Vandy and Kentucky for examples.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 20, 2017, 10:36:17 pm
And right now our reputation is in the crapper... thanks to CBB. So you just invalidated your entire OP. Thanks. You may leave now.

Not going anywhere....supporting Hogs and Coach B.....When success comes, it will be so sweet!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogindasticks on October 20, 2017, 10:24:55 pm

Louisville ain't Arkansas, Louisville is a city, Arkansas is a state.