Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just in case it did happen , lets see your top 5

Started by The Pocahontas Porker, October 09, 2017, 09:42:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pocahontas Porker

October 09, 2017, 09:42:59 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:54:02 pm by The Pocahontas Porker
coaches that you would be supportive of to replace Coach B.

1.  Mike Leach...................Washington State
2.  Mike Norvell.................Memphis
3.  Gary Patterson.............TCU
4.  Mike Gundy..................Oklahoma State
5.  Justin Fuente................Virginia Tech
The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TX HOG

So tell me if I'm right. Fuente rebuilt Memphis and left for Tech. Norvell was his replacement? If so, what makes people feel that he's not just reaping what Fuente built?

ToddW

I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: TX HOG on October 09, 2017, 09:49:52 pm
So tell me if I'm right. Fuente rebuilt Memphis and left for Tech. Norvell was his replacement? If so, what makes people feel that he's not just reaping what Fuente built?

Excellent point. The Norvell take is awful.

widespreadsooie

The Pocahontas Porker

All 5 of the guys i thought about are coaching or have coached in this area... 
The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

widespreadsooie

Glad Leach is your number one because he's all that's realistic on that list

rzrbackramsfan

1. Leach
2. Campbell
3. Brohm
4. Patterson
5. Crumbie

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Chip Kelly  (Can't hurt to ask)
Mike Norvell
Chad Morris
Brohm
T Martin
Charlie strong
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hog Pharm

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hog Pharm on October 09, 2017, 10:04:13 pm
Crumbie? Is that Cookie Crumbie?

Sonny Crumbie right?

Also, id agree chip Kelley is worth looking into and fuente would be good too.

stevenjoec

Why does no one talk about Brent Venable, DC from Clemson?

The Hawg Marshal

Frost at UCF
Frank Wilson UTSA

Brohm
Norvell
Chad Morris
I think these are realistic possibilities. 

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: stevenjoec on October 09, 2017, 10:10:06 pm
He might be good too. I forgot about him.

Roaringboar

Quote from: The Pocahontas Porker on October 09, 2017, 09:42:59 pm
coaches that you would be supportive of to replace Coach B.

1.  Mike Leach...................Washington State
2.  Mike Norvell.................Memphis
3.  Gary Patterson.............TCU
4.  Mike Gundy..................Oklahoma State
5.  Justin Fuente................Virginia Tech

Like your list, but none of those will ever happen except maybe Norvell, but I'm not as high on him......

1. Les Miles
2. Brent Venables
3. Charlie Strong
4. Chip Kelley
5. Joe Moorhead
6. Jon Gruden......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hog Pharm on October 09, 2017, 10:04:13 pm
Crumbie? Is that Cookie Crumbie?
He probably means Sonny Cumbie, ex TT QB (that would exclude him for me) and current TCU OC.

These are guys I think may be possible with exception of Brohm who I doubt would leave Purdue after one year. 

1.  Venables
2.  Brohm
3.  Frost (more likely to NU)
4.  Matt Campbell
5.  Greg Schiano

On my "No list"
1.  Chip Kelly-cheater and who was benefit of great timing at Oregon. 
2.  Mike Leach-see below
3.  Any coach who throws 50 times a game and 40 of them are bubble screens or other horizontal passes and the other 10 are "jump balls" downfield.   

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 09, 2017, 10:10:40 pm
Frost at UCF
Frank Wilson UTSA

Brohm
Norvell
Chad Morris

I like that list. Wilson is the one I find interesting.

What about Dowell Loggains?
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Hog Pharm

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 09, 2017, 10:06:18 pm
Sonny Crumbie right?

Also, id agree chip Kelley is worth looking into and fuente would be good too.

Sonny Cumbie, but I got you. Just poking fun!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 09, 2017, 10:13:47 pm

Has Dowell ever coached on the college level? I doubt he'd leave the NFL but you never know.

Mo_Better_Hogs

No offense intended to the Arkansas fanbase at large...but we couldn't handle all the Mike Leach quirks. Our fans just wouldn't get it. I think Leach works when he's like a satellite orbiting around in faraway places like Lubbock and on the Washington/Montana border, doing what he wants. We don't have the intellectual patience. As soon as he went off on one of his awesome tangents, half our people would be tuned out.

But he's an excellent coach.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: stevenjoec on October 09, 2017, 10:10:06 pm
I want a more offense oriented coach.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 09, 2017, 10:19:40 pm
No offense intended to the Arkansas fanbase at large...but we couldn't handle all the Mike Leach quirks. Our fans just wouldn't get it. I think Leach works when he's like a satellite orbiting around in faraway places like Lubbock and on the Washington/Montana border, doing what he wants. We don't have the intellectual patience. As soon as he went off on one of his awesome tangents, half our people would be tuned out.

I've heard this take quite a bit but we all know all Arkansas fans really care about with their coach is winning, or, at least the belief that we'll get there.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 09, 2017, 10:13:47 pm

What kind of offense would DL run?

NoogaHog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on October 09, 2017, 10:19:40 pm

I hate to be that guy, but Washington and Montana don't share a border.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

checkraiser88

Gladstonesmoans

Michael_E_Davis

Chip Kelly
Lane Kiffin
Roy Williams
Brent Venables
Mike Leach
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Hawghiggs

1, Mark Hudspeth  ( IMO. He should be our #1 guy )
2, Matt Campbell
3, Dana Holgorsen
4, Chad Morris
5, Seth Littrell

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 09, 2017, 10:57:27 pm
2, Matt Campbell
3, Dana Holgorsen
4, Chad Morris
5, Seth Littrell

I am glad you aren't in charge of hiring coaches.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Snouty

1.  Saban
2.  Petrino
3.  Belichik
4.  Gundy
5.  Bear Bryant

mckinneyhog5

1. Patterson
2. Strong
3. Dave Wannstedt
4. Mark Hudspeth
5. Frank Wilson
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Pork Twain

I love these posts when people act like we are some sort of destination spot and that coaches will leave better spots or take a lateral move, just to face Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M every year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

CDBHawg

No particular oder...

Mike Norvell
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Matt Campbell
Bryan Harsin
Sonny Cumbie
Tee Martin
Walt Bell
Major Applewhite

Pork Twain

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 09, 2017, 11:32:07 pm
No particular oder...

Mike Norvell
Brent Venables
Chad Morris
PJ Fleck
Matt Campbell
Bryan Harsin
Sonny Cumbie
Tee Martin
Walt Bell
Major Applewhite
Now that is a pretty realistic list
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SiriusHog™

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Ha anyone ever considered someone from div II or lower? Someone who know how to win, like Adam Dorrel? I mean in case we miss on a big fish like leach.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on October 09, 2017, 11:54:17 pm
Ha anyone ever considered someone from div II or lower? Someone who know how to win, like Adam Dorrel? I mean in case we miss on a big fish like leach.
That would be stupid.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Airforcehawg

1. Schiano...I think he would come here. He is the Dc/AHC at OSU...experienced at both colllege and Pro level...I dont understand why more people dont have him on their list. Urban said schools came after him last year; I bet he takes a spot after this season.

2. Kelly...probaly a pipe dream, but still have to offer.

3. PJ Fleck...Dont know he would leave Minn after a 1 year. Watched a few of thr Being PJ Fleck shows on ESPN, and he looked very happy to be in Minn. Plus they are doing a ton of upgrades to the campus.

4. Cambell...Proven winner at the college level.

5. Tee Martin...One of the best Recruiters in Football. If Tenner fires BJ, and they strike out on a Big Name...I bet he gets the call

Some other name that have been tossed out that I wouldnt mind:
Hudspeth
Fuente
Strong

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: NoogaHog on October 09, 2017, 10:40:09 pm
I hate to be that guy, but Washington and Montana don't share a border.

Ha...Idaho, Montana...same thing! But I totally share his Leach sentiment. I love Leach, back in his Tech days, he'd get a lot of radio play here in Dallas.

This exercise is kinda fun...imagining a new coaching staff rolling into town.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on October 09, 2017, 11:55:56 pm
That would be stupid.
I don't disagree but if you miss on the big names you have to go somewhere

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThinPiggy

Bob Stoops
Les Miles
Jimmy Johnson
John Gruden
Barry Alvarez

soooieman

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 09, 2017, 10:57:27 pm
2, Matt Campbell
3, Dana Holgorsen
4, Chad Morris
5, Seth Littrell
YES! Somebody else. Finally. Hudspeth is the most underrated coach out there. Also the most realistic that would take the job. Dude is a winner and has won on every level. Also, the high school coaches in Mississippi, Louisiana love him.

bob slydell

Quote from: Airforcehawg on October 10, 2017, 12:00:58 am
1. Schiano...I think he would come here. He is the Dc/AHC at OSU...experienced at both colllege and Pro level...I dont understand why more people dont have him on their list. Urban said schools came after him last year; I bet he takes a spot after this season.

2. Kelly...probaly a pipe dream, but still have to offer.

3. PJ Fleck...Dont know he would leave Minn after a 1 year. Watched a few of thr Being PJ Fleck shows on ESPN, and he looked very happy to be in Minn. Plus they are doing a ton of upgrades to the campus.

4. Cambell...Proven winner at the college level.

5. Tee Martin...One of the best Recruiters in Football. If Tenner fires BJ, and they strike out on a Big Name...I bet he gets the call

Some other name that have been tossed out that I wouldnt mind:
Hudspeth
Fuente
Strong

I was surprised that Schiano didn't end up at South Carolina when Muschamp was hired.  Not sure why more programs aren't knocking down his door.  He won at Rutgers.  I think he could win here.  That is if he'd take the job.

I know Butch Davis is getting long in the tooth, but I think he at least would get the program moving in the right direction before handing it off to a successor.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on October 09, 2017, 11:54:17 pm
I think it would be tough for guys like that to earn credibility on the recruiting trail  Eventually yes, but it would take a while.  That's why i want someone from high caliber program like Schiano or Venables.  They have the juice to go into anyone's living room and sell the program.

Bebop

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 09, 2017, 10:10:40 pm
Frost at UCF
Frank Wilson UTSA

Brohm
Norvell
Chad Morris

Solid list.

GuvHog

October 10, 2017, 04:41:30 pm #48 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:02:54 pm by GuvHog
1. Brent Venables
2. Bobby Petrino
3. Charlie Strong
4. Brohm
5. Anderson (Arkansas State HC)
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jcul28

1. Campbell
2. Venables
3. Jim Moorhead
4. Bryan Harsin
5. Frank Wilson