Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk stirring the pot again

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, June 21, 2017, 04:26:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

[tweet]877636437088247809[/tweet]
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

King Kong

Seeing some mock drafts having him falling to 10.

PorkRinds

Then go back to Kentucky when you flame out in the NBA. See how great it is then.

hog of steele

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 21, 2017, 04:50:03 pm
Then go back to Kentucky when you flame out in the NBA. See how great it is then.

This! We don't need you back in this state after the NBA spits you out.

grayhawg

hog of steele

Quote from: grayhawg on June 21, 2017, 05:09:49 pm
Who is this Monk guy? :)

We used to have a WR by that name. Did good things for us. And played an amazing game against blake griffin.

But he is dead to me.

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 21, 2017, 05:49:29 pm #6 Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:28:17 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: King Kong on June 21, 2017, 04:36:32 pm
Seeing some mock drafts having him falling to 10.

But Cal said the NBA pick UK players higher just the went to UK.

Also, Chad Ford now has Malik falling to 11

Iwastherein1969

I called into the Bo Mattingly Show and he was doing his dead-level best to smooth the icing on the cake...telling me it was just like a divorce and that we should just go on an forget about it...apparently Mattingly has never gotten a divorce, that's one of the trauma's in life that you never forget, especially when you have young children....I almost asked him had he ever been divorced but I didn't want to start a doo-doo storm.  Malik had better hope he has a long and well paid career because 1) you can just take out half the money off the top for taxes, 2) he has a posse who's hands will be in the permanent "can I hold a hundred ?" position....70% of NFL players go broke within 3 years of them leaving the league and the number is even higher for NBA players...enjoy 'the life' while you can, Malik, because 5 to 10 years from now when you are out of the league and all the bling has been hocked at 10 cents on the dollar and you head back to Lexington to try to get a decent paying job..you can always say "remember me, I'm Malik Monk, I played ball for UK for one year", "no we didn't win the National Championship"..."you want me to head to the end of the line ?"  "come on, man"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hog of steele on June 21, 2017, 05:16:33 pm
We used to have a WR by that name. Did good things for us. And played an amazing game against blake griffin.

But he is dead to me.
pretty sure that was Michael Washington that had a great game against BG
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on June 21, 2017, 06:11:58 pm
pretty sure that was Michael Washington that had a great game against BG
Michael Washington had back to back career games v OU and Texas...when I look back on the rosters, those weren't upsets, we had better players
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

forrest city joe

Monk can go kick rocks for all i care. i can't stand him or his brother. Arkansas basketball did not fold and go away back hating punk!because he did not come here.life and Arkansas basketball went on. he's a razorback hating punk! GO HOGS.

TDHawgs

What do you mean.. Monk is a classy guy I tell ya..  :puke: :puke:

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 21, 2017, 04:50:03 pm
Exactly! Thank you! Thing is Kentucky fans don't give a flip about Monk. Arkansas we have moved on.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: forrest city joe on June 21, 2017, 07:21:22 pm
Monk can go kick rocks for all i care. i can't stand him or his brother. Arkansas basketball did not fold and go away back hating punk!because he did not come here.life and Arkansas basketball went on. he's a razorback hating punk! GO HOGS.

Well said Joe! HOGS!

Hawg Red

I hate that Monk didn't want to be a hometown hero and be a Hog. He's really freakin' good and we could have had a truly magical season with him this past season. I don't wish ill on him but I don't wish good fortune on him, either, and I'll never forgive him for going to Kentucky after stringing the fans, coaches and players along. I'd be fine to never hear his brother's name again. Some Hog he is. Just no class. Malik is at least a young kid and extremely impressionable.

cosmodrum

You know, I never held anything against Malik, but he's trying real hard to change that.

Also, his turncoat brother can suck a butt.
Go away, batin'

tusksincolorado

I just hope he makes enough money in the NBA to get his face fixed....he is one ugly guy!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Guy is going to be the 3rd highest pick of any person ever born or to play in Arkansas. But yeah, I'm glad Hogville has decided he sucks and will flame out.

If he had gone to Arkansas and had the same freshman season, you snowflakes would be livid over any mock that didn't have him in the top 5.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Karma on June 21, 2017, 09:23:10 pm
Guy is going to be the 3rd highest pick of any person ever born or to play in Arkansas. But yeah, I'm glad Hogville has decided he sucks and will flame out.

If he had gone to Arkansas and had the same freshman season, you snowflakes would be livid over any mock that didn't have him in the top 5.

Sure, but he didn't. And he's the one bringing this up. I doubt any of us has thought about him in a while until this.

I still really don't have anything against him, this is just unnecessary.

Go away, batin'

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 21, 2017, 09:32:04 pm #19 Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:15:54 am by HOGINTENNESSEE

He will not be the 3rd Highest NBA Draft pick from someone born in Arkansas. He isn't going top 5

Glen Rice, Conley Jr and Moncrief were all top 5 picks

FineAsSwine

I hope no Hog fan responds to him on social media, maybe he will shut up and focus on his future. We good over here.

RME

Why are we even talking about this? Why give him attention?

razrbakr1

Sure I was disappointed he didn't want to be a Razorback.  He was one of us.  His signing with Arkansas
would have been instant visibility.  But he made it clear he didn't want to be one of us, very clear.  But I understood a perceived better shot at a National Championship meant more to him than being a state treasure idolized by a state full of fans for the rest of his life.  Surely he knows he has joined a long, long list of good ball players but didn't win a Championship for the Big Blue.  Yeah Malik, they will remember you like it was yesterday.  Who was that guy who played on De'Aaron Foxes' team?
Stay in Kentucky if you want.  Or come on back to Arkansas.  Just don't expect anyone to recognize you.

PorkRinds

Back to he drawing board. That argument is DOA.

yraciv

For a basketball player's life, are any of you saying you want to argue Arkansas is better than Kentucky?

One year of college in Lexington as 1 of 3 BMOC's, 3 years in Bentonville , or 15 years in Lepanto. I'm pretty sure I can guess, which has been the best year of life and most recent, so easy to see where that tweet come from.

And I hate the "he left", good luck coming back crowd. This is the same Arkansas that praised Keith Jackson and had him on our broadcasts for years. Even Damian Williams and Mitch Mustain who transferred out, spent some of their after ball life here, making a living in Arkansas.

rzrbackramsfan

In some form or the other if Monk succeeds then the other person he went up against failed.  And since 9999/10,000 times the other player isn't someone that did what Monk did to Arkansas, then I will always root for the other guy.

PORKULATOR

Are we EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE Pr!ck. B4 he brought this up, I'd forgotten he was a real boy.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogsonHicks

He's a talented player.

He's also a little prima donna biotch.

hoglady

Quote from: yraciv on June 21, 2017, 10:25:22 pm
For a basketball player's life, are any of you saying you want to argue Arkansas is better than Kentucky?

One year of college in Lexington as 1 of 3 BMOC's, 3 years in Bentonville , or 15 years in Lepanto. I'm pretty sure I can guess, which has been the best year of life and most recent, so easy to see where that tweet come from.

And I hate the "he left", good luck coming back crowd. This is the same Arkansas that praised Keith Jackson and had him on our broadcasts for years. Even Damian Williams and Mitch Mustain who transferred out, spent some of their after ball life here, making a living in Arkansas.

Monk is being a jerk.
It obviously bothers him (that for the most part) Arkansas fans don't like him and probably worst of all in his mind don't really care.
Monk needs to let it go and just go on with his life.
If you want the hometown fans to still give a crap about you, don't go to Kentucky and don't throat slash your hometown team.
There are classy ways to behave and speak - Monk does neither.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Three and Snout

While I wasn't happy he went to UK (especially with how his brother apparently "handled" his recruitment) and the throat slash pissed me off, the tweet in the OP doesn't do a good job of relaying what was said in the interview and that Finebaum was the one that brought it up.

http://www.secsports.com/video/19701800?t=01m05s

I don't think Monk did anything to stir the pot.  However, since I don't watch the NBA and he won't play against the Razorbacks again, I couldn't care less if he was swallowed up in a collapsing Kentucky coal mine.

Hawg Red

Context is different for all.

Hawgvillain

"Can't do nothin"

At least we know he got a good education in Lexington.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The problem with monk isn't just that he went to Kentucky. Losing recruits happens. Malik took it to another level when he made it seem like he was coming here then shat on the state of Arkansas/the Arkansas program at every opportunity.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

spe450

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 21, 2017, 06:03:19 pm
I called into the Bo Mattingly Show and he was doing his dead-level best to smooth the icing on the cake...telling me it was just like a divorce and that we should just go on an forget about it...apparently Mattingly has never gotten a divorce, that's one of the trauma's in life that you never forget, especially when you have young children....I almost asked him had he ever been divorced but I didn't want to start a doo-doo storm.  Malik had better hope he has a long and well paid career because 1) you can just take out half the money off the top for taxes, 2) he has a posse who's hands will be in the permanent "can I hold a hundred ?" position....70% of NFL players go broke within 3 years of them leaving the league and the number is even higher for NBA players...enjoy 'the life' while you can, Malik, because 5 to 10 years from now when you are out of the league and all the bling has been hocked at 10 cents on the dollar and you head back to Lexington to try to get a decent paying job..you can always say "remember me, I'm Malik Monk, I played ball for UK for one year", "no we didn't win the National Championship"..."you want me to head to the end of the line ?"  "come on, man"

That's a lot of salt over a kid that you will never know and has zero effect on your life.  You make a lot of assumptions about the guy.  Why do you care this much about a Kentucky player?

yraciv

End of Finebaum video quote - "I know Arkansas fans are just being loyal to Arkansas, so there is no hard feelings."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgvillain on June 22, 2017, 04:50:07 am
"Can't do nothin"

At least we know he got a good education in Lexington.

It's obvious he hasn't learned anything. Except how to play basketball. He better make tons of money doing it and then LEARN how to hold on to it for later in life. Unfortunately most like him don't hold on to it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 22, 2017, 09:03:42 am
It's obvious he hasn't learned anything. Except how to play basketball. He better make tons of money doing it and then LEARN how to hold on to it for later in life. Unfortunately most like him don't hold on to it.

Time to start the run of failed chicken wing shacks and detail shops ran by friends and family.

RazrRila99

IF Monk would have come here, whos spot in the rotation would have have taken?  Would he have taken Barford/Macon? 

That said, knowing Monk was one and done who on roster would fill the vacancy?

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

King Kong

Quote from: RazrRila99 on June 22, 2017, 09:33:29 am
IF Monk would have come here, whos spot in the rotation would have have taken?  Would he have taken Barford/Macon? 

That said, knowing Monk was one and done who on roster would fill the vacancy?

It wouldn't have been just one person's playing time he reduced. It would have been a combination of mins from Watkins, Hannahs, Barford, Macon and Beard. All 5 of those players averaged atleast 20mins per game.

Who would fill Monk's vacancy? The same guys that are filling Hannahs and Watkins. Increased mins of Barford, Macon, Beard and CJ. Along with mins from Hall and Garland

hawgmasta

I'm more mad at Marcus now, I've left go any animosity towards monk. He was a young guy doing what he thought best at the time; can't fault him for that. But boy what could've been last year

J-Five

A lot of butt-hurt grown men in here...Malik Monk doesn't affect your life AT ALL.  Why do you let it bother you?  Some folks need to grow up, seriously.  I'm not a fan of Monk, but I don't wish any ill-will on him.  It's depressing seeing a lot of folks in here forecasting his demise, or even wishing for it.  You know, wishing bad on someone else comes back on you tenfold...smh.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

bosshog84

Quote from: TDHawgs on June 21, 2017, 08:10:10 pm
What do you mean.. Monk is a classy guy I tell ya..  :puke: :puke:

Classic Kentucky loving ref. Looking right at Monk give the throat slash and did absolutely nothing about it. I hate Kentucky, Calipari, Monk, and everything that entire program stands for!!

bkjbearcat

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 21, 2017, 05:49:29 pm
But Cal said the NBA pick UK players higher just the went to UK.

Also, Chad Ford now has Malik falling to 11

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

PorkRinds

Quote from: J-Five on June 22, 2017, 11:37:38 am
A lot of butt-hurt grown men in here...Malik Monk doesn't affect your life AT ALL.  Why do you let it bother you?  Some folks need to grow up, seriously.  I'm not a fan of Monk, but I don't wish any ill-will on him.  It's depressing seeing a lot of folks in here forecasting his demise, or even wishing for it.  You know, wishing bad on someone else comes back on you tenfold...smh.

Why are you so butt hurt about how others feel about Monk if it means nothing to your life? And no, wishing bad on someone else doesn't come back tenfold. Unless you also believe what month you're born in controls your destiny and the patterns of the stars tell the future.

Youngsta71701

Not jumping on the hate Monk bandwagon but plenty of high picks have flamed out in the league so what's your point?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 22, 2017, 01:05:53 pm
Why are you so butt hurt about how others feel about Monk if it means nothing to your life? And no, wishing bad on someone else doesn't come back tenfold. Unless you also believe what month you're born in controls your destiny and the patterns of the stars tell the future.
Not defending Monk because I didn't like what he did either but karma is real my friend. What goes around come around.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rljjr

The only one of those who deliberately spoke of Arkansas in unflattering tones was Malik. He's the one bringing it up.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 22, 2017, 01:56:51 pm
Not defending Monk because I didn't like what he did either but karma is real my friend. What goes around come around.

Sorry I don't believe in karma. Too many terrible people living it up.