Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which team do you see Arkansas pulling off an upset on this season?

Started by Ben, June 15, 2017, 03:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

What game do you think will be the proverbial upset that Arkansas this season?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Ben on June 15, 2017, 03:43:31 pm

I could see us losing to USCe.

Hogwild

I can see us beating both of the Texas teams.

I can see us losing to South Carolina, although we might not be the favorite in that game so it wouldn't be an upset.

gchamblee

gchamblee

I see us upsetting TCU and my confidence level is high for aTm.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hogwild on June 15, 2017, 04:15:40 pm

I can see us losing to South Carolina, although we might not be the favorite in that game so it wouldn't be an upset.

Potentially. Depends on the two Texas games.

gchamblee

Quote from: Al Boarland on June 15, 2017, 04:24:32 pm
Potentially. Depends on the two Texas games.

I can't tell if you guys just misunderstood his question or are intentionally trying to darkside his thread for the lulz.

Wildhog

You never know what will happen with the LSU game, so I'll go with them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Inhogswetrust

I had to reread that to make sure it wasn't a Yogi-ism.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

I could easily see us losing to USCe.  Any road SEC game is tough.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Al Boarland

Quote from: gchamblee on June 15, 2017, 04:26:11 pm
I can't tell if you guys just misunderstood his question or are intentionally trying to darkside his thread for the lulz.

It wasn't quite clear. My assumption was which game will we lose that is likely to leave us scratching our heads. It's been a recent trend.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 15, 2017, 04:29:05 pm
I had to reread that to make sure it wasn't a Yogi-ism.................................
I had to re read it multiple times and still not sure what he is trying to say.  maybe if the OP would like to fill in the missing words in his post...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

gchamblee

Quote from: Al Boarland on June 15, 2017, 04:34:10 pm
It wasn't quite clear. My assumption was which game will we lose that is likely to leave us scratching our heads. It's been a recent trend.

"Which team do you see Arkansas pulling off an upset on this season?"

widespreadsooie

I think there's a good chance we'll be dogs in Columbia.

Al Boarland

Quote from: gchamblee on June 15, 2017, 04:39:13 pm

On mobile I get like half of the title. The body wasn't clear.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on June 15, 2017, 04:27:04 pm
You never know what will happen with the LSU game, so I'll go with them.

You kind of do know with the LSU game, though.  Will LSU have just competent QB play?  If so, then we in trouble.  If not, then we've got a shot.  I don't know their QB situation.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on June 15, 2017, 05:05:44 pm
Hogs upset Auburn in DWRRS.
You called that one a tie. Or, according to you, you weren't able to decide.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=633710.msg10820331#msg10820331
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on June 15, 2017, 05:09:19 pm
You called that one a tie. Or, according to you, you weren't able to decide.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=633710.msg10820331#msg10820331

Not a tie, a tossup. If the Hogs are going to pull a true upset this year, this would be it.
My heart says the Hogs win a close one in DWRRS.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogwild

Quote from: PorkSoda on June 15, 2017, 04:35:46 pm
I had to re read it multiple times and still not sure what he is trying to say.  maybe if the OP would like to fill in the missing words in his post...

I thought the OP was asking which game would Arkansas pull an upset (Texas games) and which game we will be upset, I picked South Carolina. 

MuskogeeHogFan

There are a lot of games to pick from given that early in the season anyway, almost everyone will be ranked as a favorite over Arkansas.

That said, one could very well be A&M but only because they will be ranked ahead of us to begin the season. They will have to demolish UCLA in their opener for their game with us to be classified as a potential "upset" game because after UCLA they face Nichols State and LA-Lafayette before meeting us.

I don't think that Alabama will be one, though I would love that.

Auburn might be considered the next upset and the good news is that this game that is played in RRS, will be at the tail end of a 7 week-7 game stretch for Auburn. For it to be considered to be an upset, they will have had to have beaten Missouri in Columbia, Miss State at home, Ole Miss at home and LSU the week before us in Baton Rouge.

Could LSU be a potential upset game for us? They'll have to beat Miss State in Starkville, Florida in Gainesville, Auburn at home and Ole Miss in Oxford. Of course they have Alabama the week before us so they could be "tenderized" a little when we play them. Still, if we could beat them with their only loss being to Alabama, this could be classified as a legit "upset".

I think that is about it with regard to potential "upset" games, at least in projecting from this point of the summer.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Sweet Feet

What game do you think will be the proverbial upset that Arkansas will pull off this season?

Lsu

Uberanubis

im gonna go with, when we win'em all they wont be considered upsets WPS
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

redleg

Quote from: widespreadsooie on June 15, 2017, 04:42:45 pm
I think there's a good chance we'll be dogs in Columbia.
The Hogs should be 4-0 going to South Carolina, while the Gamecocks will probably be 3-2. So, if those are the records like I think they will be, then No, Arkansas shouldn't be an underdog for that game.

In answer to the original question, I'll go with LSU.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RebelW

We did pretty good against Muschamps Defense when he was at Allbard.. I like our chances

#1Fan

Quote from: Wildhog on June 15, 2017, 04:30:02 pm
I could easily see us losing to USCe.  Any road SEC game is tough.

But on the bright side, we'll probably be ahead by three touchdowns at halftime.

Letsroll1200

Texas A&M! Sadly  this game is considered a upset if Hogs win.

The Kig

Quote from: gchamblee on June 15, 2017, 04:22:34 pm
I see us upsetting TCU and my confidence level is high for aTm.

ATM-  Regardless of the records at the time or the line, beating ATM would have to be considered an upset.  In light of the complete debacles since we last beat them in 2011. 

TCU-  I think we win... but don't think of it as an upset.  Technically, it will be because they are likely to be the favorite. 

Auburn- would definitely be an upset after getting boat raced 56-3 last year.  While I think we will be improved, I can't see us improving 53 points.  Running away gauntlet 3 out of the prior 4 weeks (ATM, USCe, BAMA), play them close and I won't be too upset.   

Ole Miss-  We could be pretty banged up by the time this game rolls around.  Still hard to count a win here as an upset with everything they have going on.

LSU-  My first actual upset.  They are a better team with better talent and will be much higher ranked.  Somehow we will find a way to get this win... same logic that has us losing headscratchers to ATM also has us somehow finding ways to win games we just shouldn't against LSU. 

Other than Alabama, I will be upset if we find a way to lose any of the other games on our schedule that I didn't mention.
Poker Porker

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

LZH

grayhawg

Hopefully Auburn, for two reasons I have a strong dislike for them and would like to make all the sportswriters eat crow over the Stidham hype.

Hogwild

Quote from: sowmonella on June 16, 2017, 02:17:10 pm
We will upset Aubbie.

The Sporting News listed the trap games for the title contenders. They think we are Auburn's trap game.

QuoteAlabama at Mississippi State (Nov. 11)
Georgia vs. Kentucky (Nov. 18)
Auburn at Arkansas (Oct. 21)
LSU at Ole Miss (Oct. 21)
Florida at South Carolina (Nov. 11)

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: gchamblee on June 15, 2017, 04:39:13 pm

Now it just sounds perverted... Lemme Help...

"Which team does Arkansas have the best chance to upset this year..?"
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

dsgreen

hogcard1964

gchamblee

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 18, 2017, 11:52:25 am
Now it just sounds perverted... Lemme Help...

"Which team does Arkansas have the best chance to upset this year..?"

But we are the grapist

gchamblee

Hoggish1

?

Did you mean what team will Arkansas upset this season

IF that's the question, it's LSU...

Hoggish1

?

Did you mean what team will Arkansas upset this season

IF that's the question, it's LSU...

Ha, Yogi was never that twisted.  Though you had trouble understanding him, the meaning was always crystal clear.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

At this point Bama would be the only win I consider an upset. Not because its bama, but because I could see our other games going either way. No one really stands out this year
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

gchamblee

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 20, 2017, 10:48:07 am
At this point Bama would be the only win I consider an upset. Not because its bama, but because I could see our other games going either way. No one really stands out this year

So, if we go 10-2 that would mean someone upset us?

phadedhawg

I figure LSU will be favored when we play them, they usually are.  That's one team we can usually hang with no matter the records.  We usually have a chance against them. 

I don't see us beating Alabama and that's the only team we play that way over our heads.  None of the games will be a major upset but that one.

Al Boarland

Quote from: redleg on June 16, 2017, 02:11:47 pm
The Hogs should be 4-0 going to South Carolina, while the Gamecocks will probably be 3-2. So, if those are the records like I think they will be, then No, Arkansas shouldn't be an underdog for that game.

In answer to the original question, I'll go with LSU.

How do you come up with the Hogs should be 4-0? We're like an 8 point dog to TCU. We could be 4-0, but should be is a stretch.

870hogfan

Quote from: Al Boarland on June 20, 2017, 11:51:08 am
How do you come up with the Hogs should be 4-0? We're like an 8 point dog to TCU. We could be 4-0, but should be is a stretch.

How are we a 8 point dog to a team we beat last year and it's a home game? Arkansas will be 4-0.

Wildhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on June 20, 2017, 11:53:59 am

How are we a 8 point dog to a team we beat last year and it's a home game? Arkansas will be 4-0.

We were supposed to start out 3-0 in 2015 against UTEP, Toledo, and Texas Tech.

Went 1-2.
1909/1964/1965/1977