Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DT / Noseman Offered - YES!

Started by HornetHog, March 13, 2017, 06:17:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetHog

Guys I coach at Oswego High School up in Illinois where our Noseman (NOAH SHANNON) was offered by the HOGS.   He is the real deal. 6'2" 285-290 kid that runs sideline to sideline and dives to make tackles. Certain sites have him listed at 300lbs and some at 270lbs.  I see him in the weight room everyday and its exciting to see someone who is working towards a dream.  Our team is in the 8A playoffs every year and we put Noah in as a Soph against the #2 team in the State and took on double teams like a college kid as a 10th grader.  He has 14-15 D1 offers and they are still coming in.  He is very much like a couple guys I played with in the early 80s, Tony Cherico but quicker. Probably bigger more like Donut.(RR)  We need to show some UofA Love for this kid.

http://247sports.com/player/noah-shannon-46037271

PS - He tells me he's very interested in becoming a resident on the hill.

WPS :razorback:
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

HornetHog

His twitter is @noah_shannon40

Show some love
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

ARtillahog

TheEnemy

Will he a one Gap type that explodes and gets penetration or a guy that will continue to grow and be a powerful 2 Gap type.

I really like the 1 Gap style of the 3-4 but we still have to be able to play a lot of 2 gap as well in situations.

Oklahawg

Welcome back Hornet! Good to see you and thanks for sharing this info.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GoHogzzGo

Woohoo! Get this beast of a young man on the hill!
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

March 13, 2017, 10:01:53 pm #6 Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:56:00 am by Boss Hog in the Arkansas
congratulations to the young man. Hard work definitely pays off!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: HornetHog on March 13, 2017, 06:17:14 pm
Certain sites have him listed at 300lbs and some at 270lbs.

If you coach him, don't you know how much he weighs?  Is it 270 or 300 or some other number?

Good luck with him this upcoming season!

EFBAB

HornetHog

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on March 14, 2017, 07:24:36 am
If you coach him, don't you know how much he weighs?  Is it 270 or 300 or some other number?

EFBAB

Notice my original post.... I told you his weight already. 285-290

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: HornetHog on March 14, 2017, 07:29:03 am
Notice my original post.... I told you his weight already. 285-290

So you did. My bad.

Amityvillehogger

Guys I coach at Oswego High School up in Illinois where our Noseman (NOAH SHANNON) was offered by the HOGS.   He is the real deal. 6'2" 285-290 kid that runs sideline to sideline and dives to make tackles. Certain sites have him listed at 300lbs and some at 270lbs.  I see him in the weight room everyday and its exciting to see someone who is working towards a dream.  Our team is in the 8A playoffs every year and we put Noah in as a Soph against the #2 team in the State and took on double teams like a college kid as a 10th grader.  He has 14-15 D1 offers and they are still coming in.  He is very much like a couple guys I played with in the early 80s, Tony Cherico but quicker. Probably bigger more like Donut.(RR)  We need to show some UofA Love for this kid.

We fully expect you to be the voice in his ear! :D

Just kidding. Good for the young man working hard for what is coming his way.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WriterWrong

I could be wrong, but I believe the coaching players get on defense is to "don't leave your feet." I'm not sure diving to make tackles is proper technique. However, if he's athletic enough to do it, that is a good sign.

Tejano Jawg

Hornet, great scoop. Those guys you mention were players in my time at the U of A. To say this kid is quicker than Tony Cherico is saying A LOT. Especially if he's bigger too...however, that's not too hard, TC wasn't very big to begin with. Not exactly a defensive line-looking guy.

Also, Hornet, you may be the first poster I ever read on Hogville. How 'bout that?? I remember there were discussions about a high school quarterback you saw up there (somewhere in the midwest). Long time ago...back in the pre-Darren McFadden days. Good seeing you again!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HornetHog

Quote from: WriterWrong on March 14, 2017, 11:31:23 am
I could be wrong, but I believe the coaching players get on defense is to "don't leave your feet." I'm not sure diving to make tackles is proper technique. However, if he's athletic enough to do it, that is a good sign.

You are correct,..unless you can visualize a 2-technique,(noseman), chasing down a tailback 15 yards up the sideline from behind to dive to make the tackle.

HornetHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 14, 2017, 11:50:16 am
Hornet, great scoop. Those guys you mention were players in my time at the U of A. To say this kid is quicker than Tony Cherico is saying A LOT. Especially if he's bigger too…however, that's not too hard, TC wasn't very big to begin with. Not exactly a defensive line-looking guy.

Also, Hornet, you may be the first poster I ever read on Hogville. How 'bout that?? I remember there were discussions about a high school quarterback you saw up there (somewhere in the midwest). Long time ago…back in the pre-Darren McFadden days. Good seeing you again!

I've brought up a few different QB's over the years to try and connect the UofA to some good kids.  Some have been a bust and some have turned out pretty good.  Last year I dropped the info to the UofA staff about the 6'8 OL from Richmond Burton HS (WI), (which is now a HOG),  along with Noah's info.  Hopefully they're starting to trust my info when I send it now.  The 6'5" 230 QB that they passed on turned down ACC and Big10 offers and is now at FAU. (Steven Frank).  I think we are pretty top heavy at QB so I get why they passed on Steven.

lumphog

DUDE!!!!........WE are putting YOU, personally in charge of his recruitment.....DON'T LET US DOWN!!!!!!!    Keep us posted

hawginbigd1

So we are going to need you to go ahead and get him locked down thanks

rricha

Got to be a beast when he gets on the  hill and ready to play.  Coach john Mitchell use to tell us if a dog is going to bite you he is going bite you when he is a pup.

longpig

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on March 14, 2017, 07:24:36 am

EFBAB

WGAF, EFBAB?
Don't be scared, be smart.