Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updates on Future Schedules

Started by Drew Amman, March 07, 2017, 12:39:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Eastern Illinois and Tulsa in 2018 and Georgia Southern in 2021. (all three home games for us)

I know exactly what is going to happen, and some people are going to say these are cupcakes and we need to be adding better opponents, but I think these are going to be some quality games for us. Tulsa always brings great regional interest as well.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 07, 2017, 01:12:31 am
Eastern Illinois and Tulsa in 2018 and Georgia Southern in 2021. (all three home games for us)

I know exactly what is going to happen, and some people are going to say these are cupcakes and we need to be adding better opponents, but I think these are going to be some quality games for us. Tulsa always brings great regional interest as well.

I still remember the radio call of the 1971 Tulsa game where Tulsa beat Arkansas on a late 21 yard screen. It can happen.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 07, 2017, 08:21:16 am
I still remember the radio call of the 1971 Tulsa game where Tulsa beat Arkansas on a late 21 yard screen. It can happen.

One that day Grandpa and the rest of the men just got up went out on the front porch and smoked their pipes and cigarettes  till it was time to eat supper. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 07, 2017, 08:31:36 am
One that day Grandpa and the rest of the men just got up went out on the front porch and smoked their pipes and cigarettes  till it was time to eat supper. 

Guess that was all that was left to do. For what it was worth, the next year Arkansas beat Tulsa by the same 21-20 score.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 07, 2017, 08:21:16 am

Glad I wasn't alive yet.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 07, 2017, 01:21:08 pm
Glad I wasn't alive yet.

Odd twist to this. I was in HS at the time, living in Tulsa, and cheering for TU. Didn't know at the time I would be attending the UofA the next fall. Cheered just as hard for the Hogs when I attended the 1972 game. Ironic that the final score was just reversed.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on March 07, 2017, 10:16:26 am
Guess that was all that was left to do. For what it was worth, the next year Arkansas beat Tulsa by the same 21-20 score.

Yep Hogs loses back in the 1970's were treated almost like family deaths.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 07, 2017, 01:12:31 am

+1000

None of these teams are cakewalks for the Hogs.

FANONTHEHILL

2018 is going to be a fun season to watch.
Non-conference home: Tulsa, Eastern Illinois, and North Texas
Non-conference road: Colorado State
Home SEC games: LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, Vandy
Road SEC games: MSU, Mizzou, Auburn
Neutral: A&M in Arlington

Sets up nicely.

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DEVIL DOG HOG

I would still like to see some of the lower level P5 teams on our schedule.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hogcard1964

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 12, 2017, 11:33:08 am
I would still like to see some of the lower level P5 teams on our schedule.

+1000

I wouldn't mind travelling out west to take on an Oregon St. or a Washington St. type of program.  However, I don't want see another Big 10 team again.  We just cannot beat them.

j-mann

we shouild play Col  and Okle st  in a home at home  maybe kansas too   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

I would like to see us schedule Colorado, home and home.  That is a regional game that both teams should feel like they could win.  Wouldn't mind us going Home and Home with Ks., Iowa St., Okie St., Neb, Ga Tech, Houston, Rice, Baylor, AZ, AZ st. 

HamSammich

Really I just want UNLV, houston, Hawaii, or the Maldives.... that's about all.

bennyl08

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 06:53:17 pm
Really I just want UNLV, houston, Hawaii, or the Maldives.... that's about all.

One of those is not like the others...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse