Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The WORLD LARGEST RAZORBACK IS IN IRAQ...CHECK OUT THE PICS!

Started by AR_dustoff, May 08, 2007, 01:18:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpareRib

Hey Dustoff - You guys are the greatest!  For what you do in the service of your country, for your pride in the Hogs, and for the great work of art, Thank You.  Keep your head down and have a safe return.

Pork

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

rljjr

It's not photoshopped. The Hog is constantly pointing AWAY from the CONEX boxes. Doesn't look weird at all. Nice work, dustoff. Haven't been to Tallil yet, but I have been to Balad. GREAT STUFF. Hey, your hangar looks better than the ones from Jaber/Salem that still have the rubble from those 2,000 pound canopeners we dropped on them with the Aardvarks.

TuckFexas

Quote from: rljjr on May 08, 2007, 06:26:09 pm
It's not photoshopped. The Hog is constantly pointing AWAY from the CONEX boxes. Doesn't look weird at all. Nice work, dustoff. Haven't been to Tallil yet, but I have been to Balad. GREAT STUFF. Hey, your hangar looks better than the ones from Jaber/Salem that still have the rubble from those 2,000 pound canopeners we dropped on them with the Aardvarks.

I guess that's why it's an OPINION. To ME, in the ORIGINAL pics one didn't look like the others. I thought this was cleared up already?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

PulledPork

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 06:27:55 pm
Quote from: rljjr on May 08, 2007, 06:26:09 pm

I guess that's why it's an OPINION. To ME, in the ORIGINAL pics one didn't look like the others. I thought this was cleared up already?
maybe a little slow on the uptake....but who knows

Pulled out...

razorrog1

edmo

HangTenHog

Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 02:41:15 pm
Hey Beau!  I'll be back the 1st 2 weeks of June for leave, then back home for good in early September...

Does anyone have any media connections to get us some coverage for this?  Or some folks at UA athletic dept?  My guys worked their ass off on this thing!  Everyone knows who "Razorback Medevac" is...

oh, and hoghillbilly...we got the flags flying too.  When ever I get time, I'll post some more pics.  We have a Razorback stencil we take everywhere we fly and tag anything we can without getting caught.  One of the Finance units is out of Austin, TX, and they've got a little bitty longhorn on their HMMV, we'll we tagged it with a 4 ft Razorback, too!

Splendid! You guys "No Ka Oi"!

RockyMtnHog

Sure makes you proud to have a bunch of Razorbacks serving our country.  Those pictures are absolutely awesome.  You guys stay safe over there.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

HangTenHog

Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 01:18:15 pm
The soldiers from Det 1 Co -C 1-111th Air Ambulance (Razorback Medevac) have created what is probably the world largest Razorback on the top of the hanger in Tallil, Iraq.  These pics arent very good, I will post better ones when I get them!  But just try to Imagine how big this thing is by comparing it to some of the Blackhawks, or vehicles in the background!!

****************See pics below**********
Hey dustoff...is that an Arkansas State Flag flying over the hangar too? Hard to tell with it being so small (conversely, the Hog being so large....you guys must have really bust your butts). What's the daytime temp now? Its got to be getting warm. We need to take up a collection and mail you some stateside brew to celebrate the picasso's in the unit.

gatecrasher

Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 02:41:15 pmOne of the Finance units is out of Austin, TX, and they've got a little bitty longhorn on their HMMV, we'll we tagged it with a 4 ft Razorback, too!
YOU GO MAN!!!!!
We'll tag them for real in 2008!!

deucea729

HogPics

Great job . When my pics are up you will see one where I had my lab put
a Hog on top of Walton Arena . At one time I had enough contributors to
pay for the job but the Chancellor would not approve . Very Proud of our service men . 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bill_Smith

That fake hog on the top of Walton dates all the way back to 1994 and a local aerial photographer that simply slapped a sticker on the picture he gave several folks.  Way too many people thought it was real.

AR_Dustoff -- you get me some print resolution (300 dpi) files of those photos and I will personally see to it that they are in every Women's Athletics press guide in our recruiting section on the Razorbacks Traditions pages.

WPS!
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

HogPics

I was the photographer that put it on Walton in 1994 . I put the new Hog on Walton 5 years ago . It was not a sticker . It was a photo copy installed by my lab .

Slacker

That's pretty damn cool. Thanks for all you guys and gals do!

razorhead69

Excellent pics. Gave me goose bumps. That doesn't happen very much.

Mark Lericos

Josh,

Just a heads up... we've got video of your Hog in Iraq on our website now.  we ran it during our 6 pm show, hopefully I got all the info right!  Let me know if not.

You guys over there can watch it... click this link for the video section and you can't miss it:

http://www.4029tv.com/video/index.html

great job again and be safe.   ;D

Reaganite

That's a beautiful thing!

Since Jihadi's are defiled by pigs, maybe they'll stay away.  LOL

hamsam

nice work. that is awesome! I appreciate what you guys/gals do! :razorback:
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

OKCHogFan

rocksalt

Just Plain Awesome ! I bet the story about how you "procured" the paint would be suitable for an episode of M.A.S.H. - GREAT JOB GUYS ! ! !
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

rocksalt

Quote from: Mark Lericos on May 08, 2007, 08:56:57 pm
  Josh,

Just a heads up... we've got video of your Hog in Iraq on our website now.  we ran it during our 6 pm show, hopefully I got all the info right!  Let me know if not.

You guys over there can watch it... click this link for the video section and you can't miss it:

http://www.4029tv.com/video/index.html

great job again and be safe.   ;D

Good Job Mark and the 40/29 Team !

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

VoR

Great job AR_dustoff to you and all in both the Arkansas squads there, you make us proud. Please stay safe, and God speed in returning home.

Tip of the cap to the 40/29 staff and to Bill, and any other media that picks this up.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

AR_dustoff

Quote from: HangTenHog on May 08, 2007, 07:16:50 pm
Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 01:18:15 pm
The soldiers from Det 1 Co -C 1-111th Air Ambulance (Razorback Medevac) have created what is probably the world largest Razorback on the top of the hanger in Tallil, Iraq.  These pics arent very good, I will post better ones when I get them!  But just try to Imagine how big this thing is by comparing it to some of the Blackhawks, or vehicles in the background!!

****************See pics below**********
Hey dustoff...is that an Arkansas State Flag flying over the hangar too? Hard to tell with it being so small (conversely, the Hog being so large....you guys must have really bust your butts). What's the daytime temp now? Its got to be getting warm. We need to take up a collection and mail you some stateside brew to celebrate the picasso's in the unit.

That is indeed the AR flag being flown on the roof!!  We cant get any brew while we're here...flying+beer doesnt really work out too well...but when we get home (in early Sept), many people have expressed interest in coming to a couple games, I'm trying to work on getting these guys some tickets.  Many people on here have talked about donating tickets....thats the next thing I willl try and do for my solders.

Quote from: Bill_Smith on May 08, 2007, 08:02:50 pm
AR_Dustoff -- you get me some print resolution (300 dpi) files of those photos and I will personally see to it that they are in every Women's Athletics press guide in our recruiting section on the Razorbacks Traditions pages.

WPS!

Bill, I will work on getting some high res photo's next time I go down to Talllil, that would be awesome!!

VenturaHog

man thsi made my night. God bless you guys for doing this, it makes me proud to be a hog!

hawgtahm

CSNuts

This is what it's all about!!!!  Stay safe and come home soon...

101st Hogborne

OUTSTANDING!!!! As a former Army Officer, I'm proud of your chain of command all the way up for letting you guys do this. Everyone was so uptight when I was there in 03/04; we couldn't get away with anything.

DUSTOFF
Dedicated Unhesitated Support To Our Fighting Forces

AR_dustoff

Quote from: 101st Hogborne on May 09, 2007, 10:16:07 am
OUTSTANDING!!!! As a former Army Officer, I'm proud of your chain of command all the way up for letting you guys do this. Everyone was so uptight when I was there in 03/04; we couldn't get away with anything.

DUSTOFF

Actually the BC just found out about it today...I havent heard of him flipping out yet, so that must be good news!

bigghurtt

What's the daytime temp now? Its got to be getting warm.

They said it hit 120 here yesterday.  Not sure how accurate that is, but when you are moving dismounted across the southeastern edge of Sadr City with 50+ pounds of gear, weapon, etc etc, it was certainly hot enough.

Dustoff, you guys are waaaaay more motivated than me...we have a Hog flag flying in our dfac, and I have been meaning for 7 months to go get a pic of it...meanwhile, ya'll painted a Hog that dwarfs helicopters.  I feel so lazy now.

Btw, I am a Cavalry Scout NCO, and I'm not sure if we have ever talked before, but I want to personally say thank you to you for all you guys do for us in the air...I'm not sure if you ever hear gratitude from the boys on the ground, but you can bet your ass that the sound of rotors is a Cav Scout's best friend.

Table Rocker

jkphogfan

I have more pics even with work in progress but need enlightenment on how to insert them on here. Sgt. Kirby Pierce

H&D

Quote from: 101st Hogborne on May 09, 2007, 10:16:07 am

DUSTOFF

I know back in 03' we got yelled at for tagging "DF" (Defensor Fortes) on everything.  Then later we had a sign outside of our tent that said "Bombs Over Baghdad, The Mortared Mayhem Tour" then had my all my teammates names on it.  Some uptight Capt. told us it was "inappropriate" and we needed to take it down.  One of the guys on our team asked the Capt. if the slept good at night, he said "yes" and I told him "your welcome".  He kinda took the hint and left.  I'm just glad he didn't come up on our porch, we were drinking that afternoon.  Shhhhhhhh.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

CPL HOG

I would like to thank jkphogfan for the service he is doing for our country and for the razorback fans for putting that up. And a thanks to AR_dustoff for getting the pics to us so we cold enjoy them. Keep up the good work both of you.

Matthew Clevenger
Cpl USMC

jkphogfan

I want to thank everyone for your support to the guys that made this happen. We want to make all the hog fans proud and provide morale to the ones that need it. We all came together to make it happen in two long days and nights so that everyone back home would know that our hearts are still at home in the great state of Arkansas.

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jkphogfan on May 09, 2007, 12:50:43 pm
I have more pics even with work in progress but need enlightenment on how to insert them on here. Sgt. Kirby Pierce
You can either host them at another place (I usually use Photobucket.com, but there are lots of places) and then paste in the image tag they give you into the body of your message.

Or, you could attach them to your message by clicking "Preview" down at the bottom, and then click "Additional Options" down at the bottom. You will see a field for attachments. (you can click "more attachments" for up to 10 per message)

woodhog14

Awesome!!!! Now let's get one of those painted on the 50 yardline and on the back of the JumboTron.

Hogchick

GREAT pictures. 

Thank you for taking your time to serve our country.  Prayers are sent everyday to all the men and women in the armed forces.

That is amazing!!  How long did that take?

SnoopHogg

Hey... this is a great story and great pics.  My brother in law is over there and is indeed one of the guys who helped do the painting.  He had sent an email the other day telling us about it.  You guy rock!  Tell Mr. Bradley his bro in law from Conway said hi. 

razorback4ever

Quote from: JAHOGS on May 08, 2007, 01:25:59 pm
that needs to be painted at midfield, instead of those little piglets that are on the 35

AMEN to that brother!!
I have always wanted a big hog in the middle of the field. Never been able to figure out why it has never been done.

AR_dustoff

Quote from: bigghurtt on May 09, 2007, 10:55:46 am
What's the daytime temp now? Its got to be getting warm.

They said it hit 120 here yesterday.  Not sure how accurate that is, but when you are moving dismounted across the southeastern edge of Sadr City with 50+ pounds of gear, weapon, etc etc, it was certainly hot enough.

It was about 115 in Al Kut today...Sadr City, I hate flying anywhere near that place...keep your head down brotha!

rocksalt

Quote from: razorback4ever on May 09, 2007, 03:29:15 pm
Quote from: JAHOGS on May 08, 2007, 01:25:59 pm
that needs to be painted at midfield, instead of those little piglets that are on the 35

AMEN to that brother!!
I have always wanted a big hog in the middle of the field. Never been able to figure out why it has never been done.

Maybe they didn't want it confused with the BB Court. Seriously though, it would look good for televised games.

ShaneG72

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:19:23 pm
That's an awesome picture, but I'm having problems believing it. Here's why: in every picture but one we're looking at the right side of the Hog. How do we see the left side of the Hog in one pic? I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because I think it's cool as hell...but I had several co-workers look too to make sure I'm not just seeing it wrong and they all said it looks wrong too. Can we get some confirmation on this before it's all over the news? I appreciate what you guys are doing over there for us and don't want to seem like a prick, that's not my intention.

if you keep looking closer, you will see that if you look at the tail,  see the fixtures behind the building,  in both angles, the same fixtures are behind the tail,  it is real .

PulledPork

Quote from: ShaneG72 on May 09, 2007, 04:38:00 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:19:23 pm
That's an awesome picture, but I'm having problems believing it. Here's why: in every picture but one we're looking at the right side of the Hog. How do we see the left side of the Hog in one pic? I'd love for someone to prove me wrong because I think it's cool as hell...but I had several co-workers look too to make sure I'm not just seeing it wrong and they all said it looks wrong too. Can we get some confirmation on this before it's all over the news? I appreciate what you guys are doing over there for us and don't want to seem like a prick, that's not my intention.

if you keep looking closer, you will see that if you look at the tail,  see the fixtures behind the building,  in both angles, the same fixtures are behind the tail,  it is real .
please, please, read the whole thread before posting.....might save you the trouble.

Pulled out...

WPSRazorbacks

"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

SnoopHogg

No doubt about the realness... i've seen pics of it in progress.