Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing CBB or Enos called tonight

Started by Cavehog, October 03, 2015, 11:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavehog

is as bad as Kelly's call on the two point conversion at Clemson.  Who's more overrated year after year, the Irish or Georgia?
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

GoHogs1091

Notre Dame and Georgia are so used to having more talent on the field than their opponent.  They both today were on the other end of that equation (their opponent had more talent).

Hogarusa

It wasn't a great call but I don't see how that means the Irish are overrated.  They keep getting starting players injured weekly and yet there they were attempting to tie the game and force OT at Clemson.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Albert Einswine

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 03, 2015, 11:57:24 pm
Notre Dame and Georgia are so used to having more talent on the field than their opponent.  They both today were on the other end of that equation (their opponent had more talent).

Notre Dame shredded the vaunted Brent Venables defense in the 4th quarter, badly.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 04, 2015, 12:05:23 am
Notre Dame shredded the vaunted Brent Venables defense in the 4th quarter, badly.

Notre Dame came into game averaging 284.8 rushing yards per game (12th in the nation).

Venables' Defense held Notre Dame to 116 rushing yards.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 04, 2015, 12:12:54 am
Notre Dame came into game averaging 284.8 rushing yards per game (12th in the nation).

Venables' Defense held Notre Dame to 116 rushing yards.

Notre Dame had their way with Brent Venables in crunch time. A fumble at the 1 1/2 and mistakes by a young Irish quarterback bailed Brent Venables out.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

the END.

I am a huge Irish homer, I'll admit. But even I thought it ridiculous they were in the top 10. You can't lose that much talent and roll UMass and be thought of highly. And I thought Clemson would roll them.

That said it is the fastest ND team I've seen in a very long time.  And yes Clemson's D and a lot of rain held the runs in check. Sloppy ball control with 4 2nd half turnovers. But came one play short of OT. They are better than I thought. But like losing to FSU last year this could signal a slide.

And Georgia isn't necessarily overrated. They just don't have a sure QB (like much of the SEC) and don't quite know how to appropriately use their best player on D (#84)

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 04, 2015, 12:14:34 am

Notre Dame had their way with Brent Venables in crunch time. A fumble at the 1 1/2 and mistakes by a young Irish quarterback bailed Brent Venables out.

He shut them down scoring wise for the first 3 Quarters (Notre Dame only had 3 points thru 3 Quarters).  Football games are 4 Quarters, not just 1 Quarter.  Notre Dame was simply in too big of a hole because his Defense shut their scoring down for the first 3 Quarters.

Also, highly doubtful Notre Dame gets held to a total of 116 rushing yards in any of the rest of their games this season.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 04, 2015, 12:28:05 am
He shut them down scoring wise for the first 3 Quarters (Notre Dame only had 3 points thru 3 Quarters).  Football games are 4 Quarters, not just 1 Quarter.  Notre Dame was simply in too big of a hole because his Defense shut their scoring down for the first 3 Quarters.

Also, highly doubtful Notre Dame gets held to a total of 116 rushing yards in any of the rest of their games this season.

Brent Venables vaunted defense didn't look all that formidable with the game on the line. Clemson will choke hard again this season like they always do. Brent Venables will be part of that. They'll lose 2 in the regular season at least.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 04, 2015, 12:31:14 am
Brent Venables vaunted defense didn't look all that formidable with the game on the line. Clemson will choke hard again this season like they always do. Brent Venables will be part of that. They'll lose 2 in the regular season at least.

If their QB, Watson, gets injured again like last season, then they might lose 2 games this season.

Otherwise, don't count on Venables' Defense being the reason for them losing games (if they lose any game or games). 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 04, 2015, 12:36:56 am
If their QB, Watson, gets injured again like last season, then they might lose 2 games this season.

Otherwise, don't count on Venables' Defense being the reason for them losing games (if they lose any game or games).
I didn't see the game, but I have it on good authority that Mike Denbrock's Offense had Brent Venables' Defense on its heels the entire game. Is this accurate?

sickboy

I respect what Sweeny has done at Clemson.