Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen and Enos Verbal Disagreement

Started by Razor6, October 03, 2015, 10:09:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Oklahawg

I wonder if BA audibled out of a play and they were arguing about the read.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Tortfeasor

TomasPistola

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 03, 2015, 10:10:15 pm

I think Allen was pissed about the TO they called when we were about to run that wildcat style play. He saw something and was upset we called Time out.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Kevin

Ba should have audibled out of that awful wildcat play
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

010HogFan

I loved it. Good to see him competing.

870hogfan

I think he got mad cause Brandon had an wide open Collins and he threw it away.

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on October 03, 2015, 10:12:13 pm
Ba should have audibled out of that awful wildcat play

Yeah, you always audible out of a play from WR..........

scruf

Quote from: Razor6 on October 03, 2015, 10:09:32 pm
Worth noting? Or who cares?
Kind of a weird deal. That's the only play I remember running all year with both tailbacks in the game lined up on either side of the QB.

Steef

Really looked to me like he WANTED to...and told Enos exactly that. It LOOKED like they ran the called play.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

SemperHawg

As much as I have ridden BA, I would be pissed too if they kept running me into obvious passing downs late and asking me to make ridiculous throws to bail out bad play calling.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 03, 2015, 10:12:55 pm
I think he got mad cause Brandon had an wide open Collins and he threw it away.

that's what I thought as well.. twin backs and a LB on AC's side of the field.. AC was open on the GL and BA took off... that's my biased view anyway.

jkstock04

I say who cares. We finally won a meaningful game....had the lead in the 4th and put it away. In my wildest dreams I didn't see us winning SEC road games this season. I'm ecstatic!

To me none of this other BS matters...we won so everything else is only details. WPS!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on October 03, 2015, 10:13:08 pm
Yeah, you always audible out of a play from WR..........

When he was in the huddle, he should have changed it then
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BigSexyHog

Probably told Enos to get his head out of his ass. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Poker_hog

No problem with it at all.  BA should have yelled at cbb for not calling a to in the first half
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

SultanofSwine

It was intense but not over the top and like someone said in a different thread, not what you want from an underclass man but fine with BA on occasion. Shows some fire and leadership.

LZH

College QB's have no business shouting or airing out their grievances with their coaches on the sideline.

But in this case, I was glad to see BA let 'er rip....he's been thru enough as a QB and has earned the right to a little venting here and there.  Would I run his ass up and down those bleachers Monday?....damn right.  Would I count one rep as enough?  Damn right.

elksnort

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 03, 2015, 10:12:26 pm
I loved it. Good to see him competing.
This. Although, he's has been competing. Not finishing.
He and the guys deserve less bone headed coaching.

wendellgee

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 03, 2015, 10:17:03 pm
No problem with it at all.  BA should have yelled at cbb for not calling a to in the first half
I'm still mad about that piece of clock management. Trying to enjoy the win, but the clock management issues will always be there it seems.

BA getting actually mad about something, wow.  About time he showed an emotion.  He way over throwed Henry in the end zone late there but hey , we still won.

Hogimus Prime

That's 2 wins and trying to get to 6.

SquidBilly

Enos to Allen:  hey you're the only QB I've ever coached who can overthrow a wide open 6'5" TE in the end zone consistently.

Allen to Enos:  you should have called a tackle eligible.  Skipper would have caught it.

Enos to Allen:  Manute Bol couldn't have caught that pass.

Allen to Enos: well at least I didn't throw an int.  Cut me a break.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 03, 2015, 10:20:59 pm
Enos to Allen:  hey you're the only QB I've ever coached who can overthrow a wide open 6'5" TE in the end zone consistently.

Allen to Enos:  you should have called a tackle eligible.  Skipper would have caught it.

THIS WAS NOT WHAT WAS SAID BETWEEN THEM!!!!!!!!!   ;D

regi

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 03, 2015, 10:17:03 pm

I agree. Could of had 7 instead of 3 with the time he wasted. He takes protecting his defense to far in my opinion.

jackflash

sort of glad to see that about time to see that

Danny J

Enos was very unhappy several times during the game. I saw him going after Morgan earlier in the game. I think Enos is feeling the pressure a bit in that he is very competitive and wants very badly to win. I think that is a good thing. I actually like the idea of him being on the sidelines showing emotion and actively coaching the players versus Chaney sitting on his ass in the press box.

SquidBilly

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 03, 2015, 10:25:23 pm
THIS WAS NOT WHAT WAS SAID BETWEEN THEM!!!!!!!!!   ;D

Thats what my deaf cousin said they were saying and he's become a really good lip reader.

Athog

Wasted space!!

Hogarusa

Since nobody knows what it was about, how can we decide if it was a big deal or not
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LZH

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 03, 2015, 10:34:22 pm
Since nobody knows what it was about, how can we decide if it was a big deal or not

The fact that it happened at all was a big deal (not much, but a little).

hawgXi

Har. Funny

gawntrail

Quote from: SultanofSwine on October 03, 2015, 10:17:55 pm
It was intense but not over the top and like someone said in a different thread, not what you want from an underclass man but fine with BA on occasion. Shows some fire and leadership.

Never.  Ever. 

Fire would've been jumping in the grill of the OL in the huddle when we had those 3 and outs.  Leadership would've been taking the OL to Powerhouse for steaks at the beginning of the season so he had laid the groundwork and EARNED respect and the right to jump in their grills.

Leadership 101.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Athog on October 03, 2015, 10:32:22 pm

Wasted space!!

Just having a little fun.  I actually think its a good thing that they can communicate that way.  Trust me if BA had stepped over the line we would have known it because he would have been benched.  CBB may be a players coach, but he isn't going to allow a player to disrespect a coach with no consequences.

Sivad

Quote from: Razor6 on October 03, 2015, 10:09:32 pm
Worth noting? Or who cares?
I'd already forgotten it.
But I havent forgotten that we beat Tennessee on the road tonight.

hoglady

BA has been taking tons of heat for years.
He's been blamed by many for every loss this year.
Some of it is BA, but not all of it by a long shot.
I imagine BA's fuse is little short right now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Cavehog

Quote from: hawgXi on October 03, 2015, 10:41:14 pm
Har. Funny
You all missed it.  Here's what they said:
CBB:  What the hell's going on out there?
Enos: Looks like a convention.
CBB:Get yer ass out there and check it out.
Enos: What the hell's going on out here?
BA: Well, he could have caught that ball in the endzone but his eyelids are stuck. We need a live chicken to break this curse we've been under for three games.  And nobody seems to know what to get CBP for a wedding present.
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

elksnort

Quote from: Danny J on October 03, 2015, 10:31:16 pm
Enos was very unhappy several times during the game. I saw him going after Morgan earlier in the game. I think Enos is feeling the pressure a bit in that he is very competitive and wants very badly to win. I think that is a good thing. I actually like the idea of him being on the sidelines showing emotion and actively coaching the players versus Chaney sitting on his ass in the press box.
agree

BPsTheMan

Overtheroadtruckdriver

About time we saw a little fireworks on the sideline.  Used to see firecrackers ever time the offense came off the field. 

Good win for the hogs tonight.  Maybe this will give us some confidence the rest of the season.

arktravlr

I wonder how many audibles Clint Stoerner had his senior year? 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: OTR on October 03, 2015, 10:59:32 pm
About time we saw a little fireworks on the sideline.  Used to see firecrackers ever time the offense came off the field. 

Boy ain't that the truth... could you see BA playing for Bobby or Spurrier...

gchamblee

Quote from: gawntrail on October 03, 2015, 10:41:38 pm
Never.  Ever. 

Fire would've been jumping in the grill of the OL in the huddle when we had those 3 and outs.  Leadership would've been taking the OL to Powerhouse for steaks at the beginning of the season so he had laid the groundwork and EARNED respect and the right to jump in their grills.

Leadership 101.

i doubt any college kid could afford to pick up a steak house tab for our OL

hoglady

Quote from: gchamblee on October 03, 2015, 11:49:42 pm
i doubt any college kid could afford to pick up a steak house tab for our OL

Man that's no kidding, especially after seeing that spread that Skipper eats in a day.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pigture perfect

I think it only matters if BA was disrespectful with his comments. I couldn't imagine that to be the case though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

azhog10

Our 2nd down play calling in the red zone was flat out awful. Not to mention how we would run Collins till we got inside the 20 then went to Rawleigh. RW had a great game but I felt like we needed Collins in, not to mention Allen continuously moving outside the pocket when he didn't have to.

aar0n

BA:  Coach Enos, please make them STOP PLAYING ROCKY TOP

DE:  I can't!  It's bugging the hell out of me too, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO

BA:  I DONT CARE, JUST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I NEVER WANT TO HEAR IT AGAIN

DE: I THINK ITS THE ONLY SONG THEY KNOW

BA:  ITS MAKING MY BRAIN BLEED

*Rocky Top plays loudly in the background for the 512th time*

DE:  YOU EVER TRIED ONE OF THE HOT DOGS HERE?  I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING SOME AFTER THE GAME

BA:  NO I HAVENT, IVE HEARD THEYRE GOOD THOUGH.  ARE WE JUST GOING TO IGNORE IT AND YELL OVER IT NOW 

DE: I GUESS SO!  NOW GET OUT THERE AND THINK ABOUT THOSE HOT, JUICY AND DELICIOUS HOT DOGS