Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Props to Drew Morgan Thread

Started by Hoggy Bear, October 03, 2015, 09:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

rupert

hview

Drew does a good job of running his routes and finding the open areas. He's a smart player.

gawntrail

micali

He has stepped up big time. Great player. I really like the kid.

arkansasrazorback

Can you imagine having Keon, Cornelius, and JWill.  ugh.  Drew Morgan is tearing it up.  Thank goodness for #80

PonderinHog

Damn good insurance policy.  Now, if we could get this Reed kid involved in a few plays...

bighogonthewall

Kid has some major grit to him! Reminds me of a Wes Welker/Julian Edelman. Hey Belichick, here is your next tough as nails, small, white receiver you love so much!! Lol

bennyl08

I was critical of Morgan in the past. Not that I thought he was bad, just that I didn't think he offered anything special.

He has really taken his game to another level this season, so I will give him all the credit he deserves. Hatcher and Cornelius's injuries meant somebody else would have to step up, and Morgan decided that person would be him.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Cinco de Hogo

I think very few of the most "positive" posters had much faith in DM.  I love the kid and I love the "type" player he is.  Still, our passing game is full of if's and but's, wish it were different but injuries have made it what it is.  Besides Drew and after all those injuries we still have a lot of untapped talent on the team.

hogblitz

In my opinion, the biggest play of the game was the long reception he made after we were down 14-0.   We were dead in the water at that point and it energized the team. 

BadHog

He is completely deserving of this. Works his tail off. Had a really rough year (personally) last year.

Wish him health and success the rest of this year.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Nipsey Mussle

We came very close to not offering him. Very glad that we did!

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

I must admit being close to Greenwood, Drew has turned out to be a much better player than I thought he would ever be at this level.

Props to the kid! He has obviously worked his backside off, shrugged off some hard hits and stepped his level of play up big time when we needed someone to do just that.

He had a few drops last year, can't recall any this season. We don't win that game without him or ever have a lead to blow vs A&M...

One of those small town homestate success stories like this program has had so many of.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

jjfmetal11

aar0n

He reminds me of Ed Mccaffrey in the sense that he nearly gets his head taken off on several plays, and yet he continues to pop up and shake it off like its nothing and do it again.  He's not quite as shifty as a Wes Welker or Danny Woodhead quite yet, more like Amendola if we're comparing to Belichick's white WRs. 

hawgmasta

Runs cleans routes and is now our most sure handed guy on the team except for Henry. He's got the rest of this year to shine and will be interesting to see where he will be next year because he's definitely shown he can be a starter.

FANONTHEHILL

And from the looks of his brace on his upper arm, he likely played the second half with a separated shoulder.  Tough kid and great player.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

pigture perfect

I know the guy he reminds me of isn't liked by many on this sight, but Drew does remind me of James Shibest.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Albert Einswine

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 04, 2015, 02:25:46 am
I know the guy he reminds me of isn't liked by many on this sight, but Drew does remind me of James Shibest.

Shibest was as slow as molasses in a blizzard, he just caught everything he could get a fingertip on. Morgan can run. He's more like a Julian Edelman.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

sickboy

Props. He's playing like one of the top receivers in the SEC this year.

Hog N Bama

Morgan has quickly risen to the top as a leader on offense. Congrats Drew on a great game. :razorback:

Capt. Hamm

Morgan has really stepped up his play. He might get a chance at the next level.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 03, 2015, 11:02:50 pm
Damn good insurance policy.  Now, if we could get this Reed kid involved in a few plays...

I agree.  And he was obviously still in pain after that awkward fall on his arm, but kept making catches.  No fear.

And for the love of God, please get Reed the ball...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: bighogonthewall on October 03, 2015, 11:18:22 pm
Kid has some major grit to him! Reminds me of a Wes Welker/Julian Edelman. Hey Belichick, here is your next tough as nails, small, white receiver you love so much!! Lol
this....now all we need is a Danny Woodhead, lol

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: aar0n on October 04, 2015, 12:10:29 am
He reminds me of Ed Mccaffrey in the sense that he nearly gets his head taken off on several plays, and yet he continues to pop up and shake it off like its nothing and do it again.  He's not quite as shifty as a Wes Welker or Danny Woodhead quite yet, more like Amendola if we're comparing to Belichick's white WRs.
How about that converted volleyball player from UCLA in the early 2000's

PP

DeltaBoy

Kid was tough as a pine knot last night. True Grit.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

b-ball coach

Greenwood boy too, makes it even sweeter for Arkansas! Great game Drew...

Hoggy Hogalot

He was also taking on linebackers when he wasn't having the ball thrown to him. How many receivers are willing to that?

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Drew is our best receiver with speed.   Hh can catch the best when it's in his area.   

BPsTheMan

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 04, 2015, 02:25:46 am

screw anyone who doesn't like James Shibest

Shibest sacrificed his liver and kidneys for Hog Nation as a player

I love James Shibest and would love to have him back coaching here again someday

regi

Faster than people think as well, pulled away from a couple UT defenders on the 1st catch. reminds me of Harry Douglas, who played for Louisville and the Falcons, quick shifty kid, knows how to settle in open areas.

Quote from: regi on October 04, 2015, 09:47:59 am
Faster than people think as well, pulled away from a couple UT defenders on the 1st catch. reminds me of Harry Douglas, who played for Louisville and the Falcons, quick shifty kid, knows how to settle in open areas.

And holds on to the ball.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 04, 2015, 09:10:29 am
screw anyone who doesn't like James Shibest

Shibest sacrificed his liver and kidneys for Hog Nation as a player

I love James Shibest and would love to have him back coaching here again someday
nope, he burned that bridge with his moves against us at Old Piss

PP

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 03, 2015, 11:02:50 pm

Morgan isn't an insurance policy, the kid is a reliable playmaker. We saw a flash of Reed's speed last night on his TD reception. Split two defenders and into the EZ untouched. We will see more of him.
Go Hogs Go!

cypert2

He could teach some of our other receivers a thing or two about route running and how to get open.
Swinging on the two and the four.

hoggusamoungus

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 04, 2015, 09:50:17 am
nope, he burned that bridge with his moves against us at Old Piss

PP

what was he supposed to do? fall on his sword by being unemployed?

regi

Shibest was a great Hog. He can't helped his boss' bunker mentality, included the teams fans and Alumni.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 04, 2015, 09:53:55 am
Morgan isn't an insurance policy, the kid is a reliable playmaker. We saw a flash of Reed's speed last night on his TD reception. Split two defenders and into the EZ untouched. We will see more of him.
And that wouldn't be the first or last time that you've drawn the wrong conclusion from someone's post.

The NewEra

Drew Morgan brings an intensity and desire to win that this team needs on offense.  What he may lack in speed he more than makes up for in sheer determination.  He is a perfect example of heart and desire overcoming any lack of exceptional physical skills.

October 04, 2015, 10:31:09 am #42 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:32:48 am by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya
Quote from: The NewEra on October 04, 2015, 10:28:45 am
Drew Morgan brings an intensity and desire to win that this team needs on offense.  What he may lack in speed he more than makes up for in sheer determination.  He is a perfect example of heart and desire overcoming any lack of exceptional physical skills.

AC and RW have this, along with the exceptional skills.  Great to see them get some help last night from others, too.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 04, 2015, 10:01:52 am
what was he supposed to do? fall on his sword by being unemployed?
have class?  how do you get fired for having a little bit of class?
*you misread what I wrote, it isn't about his MOVE to Ole Miss

PP

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 04, 2015, 10:28:35 am
And that wouldn't be the first or last time that you've drawn the wrong conclusion from someone's post.

"Insurance policy" is a term that typically indicates something you have on hand for when things go wrong. My point is, Morgan isn't an insurance policy, he is a bonafide starting WR with talent that merits that position in the depth chart.

Now don't get your panties in a wad just because you weren't clear in your meaning and I happened to take it differently than you meant.
Go Hogs Go!

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 04, 2015, 11:41:42 am
"Insurance policy" is a term that typically indicates something you have on hand for when things go wrong. My point is, Morgan isn't an insurance policy, he is a bonafide starting WR with talent that merits that position in the depth chart.

Now don't get your panties in a wad just because you weren't clear in your meaning and I happened to take it differently than you meant.

Ponderin' strikes me more as a "commando" than a "panties" guy.....but who knows?

BPsTheMan

Ponderin is a panties guy, and he needs to stop throwing around combustible phrases like "insurance policy"

>:(

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 04, 2015, 11:50:19 am
Ponderin is a panties guy, and he needs to stop throwing around combustible phrases like "insurance policy"

>:(

Nobody likes paying for insurance or insurance companies!! >:(
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 04, 2015, 11:51:38 am
Nobody likes paying for insurance or insurance companies!! >:(

Exactly  >:(

Ponderin is ruining this thread  >:(

he's ruining Hogville  >:(

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 04, 2015, 11:53:19 am
Exactly  >:(

Ponderin is ruining this thread  >:(

he's ruining Hogville  >:(

And PulledPork >:(

Dynamic Duo of destruction >:(

Ending a once great message board >:(