Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glad to see the Reed kid touch the ball tonight

Started by JD Hogg, October 03, 2015, 09:40:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Hogg

Hopefully that's the start of a bunch of touches the rest of the year.

RazorPiggie

That is one thing I'd like to see us do more. Take some shots down field with him.

pa_rob424

Also like to see him on some of the crossing routes we use with Morgan. Not a knock on Morgan and his long gains and YAC yards on those routes, but Reed may take some of those for 6!!!

hview

Hopefully Reed progresses to the point where they'll use him more. Even if they don't throw to him, he's likely to draw a double team.

ThisTeetsTaken

Didn't look like his legs were moving very fast but he just glided past everyone like a ghost.  What a gift he has!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Bigmac2

Best vertical pass of the game was to the guy in the second row between the uprights.
On a serious note everyone in our watch party took notice when Reed caught the ball and looked like he only put it in first gear. Just think what would he could do when he gears up.

The real Hogules

That looked like elite speed to me.
I mean he just made those defenders look like they were running in mud!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

bigbadhog

Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

HSVhogfan2

Even on bubble screens he's a potential TD every time he touches it. Has to get 8-10 touches a game
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

regi

Fastest kid on team, easily I would say. He just ran by guys on that TD. I doubt any other WR on team makes that play, except maybe JoJo

doc53

I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

TechHawg

I'm happy with the win, so I'm not gonna do much criticizing, bit for the life of me I don't understand why we don't take any shots down field on 2nd and short when the safeties are up and we have man on man on the outside.

bigred223

hoglady

Now he's a kid who can take some of that pressure off Brandon.
He did on that drive. Any of our other receivers that would have been a 1st down not a touchdown.
Then we're trying to figure out how to get that ball in the endzone.
Reed can be a gamechanger for us - if we can figure out a way to get him the ball.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jackflash

Iwastherein1969

I laughed to myself when the color commentator was speaking about the poor tackling and bad angles the UT defenders were taking when Dominique scored his touchdown.....I wanted to whisper in his ear that the UT defenders could have been given a head start and an angle on Reed but when Dominique hits overdrive, they were not going to touch him....unbelievable acceleration and it didn't even look like he had it in top gear
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PORKULATOR

At one point, you see him remember that he's the fastest guy on the field.
Wish he remember that a lot more.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Tusks

You gotta have playmakers, you gotta get the ball to the playmakers, playmakers gotta make plays.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgmasta

Good Lord, he didn't even look like he was really trying to run as fast as he could and still smoked about 6 Vol defenders.

Overrated

Was one of my favorite parts of the game when Reed got his catch. Would like to see more throws to him, jojo, and edwards.

sickboy

Yamahog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 03, 2015, 09:55:54 pm
Didn't look like his legs were moving very fast but he just glided past everyone like a ghost.  What a gift he has!

Ha. ha! That was my exact thought when I saw the play. The defenders were clutching air!

Capt. Hamm

When he caught it, I thought nice gain, and then he was gone! SPEED!