Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another ugly 4th quarter

Started by BigSexyHog, October 03, 2015, 09:32:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

But Tenner had an uglier 4th quarter.  Getting a road win in the SEC is tough no matter how good or bad your team is. 

Nice work tonight by the Hogs!!!!  Enjoy your flight back and lets get ready for Bama.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Jek Tono Porkins

It is sort of poetic that in a game where both teams struggled with fourth quarter problems, both of whom undoubtedly made the 4th quarter an integral focus point for the week, neither team scored in the fourth quarter.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 03, 2015, 09:41:33 pm
It is sort of poetic that in a game where both teams struggled with fourth quarter problems, both of whom undoubtedly made the 4th quarter an integral focus point for the week, neither team scored in the fourth quarter.

Excellent observation

LZH

New Rule:  Your kicker has to run a 4.7 40 or better to try some s*** like that again.  What were we doing?

Whew.

BadHog

Defense seemed to step in up in the second half. Maybe BB backed off Smith and let him go back to what works.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

bigbadhog

Worse than ugly.  They wanted it even less than we did...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

rupert

poorly designed fake field goal---but understand he hasn't got much confidence in the kicker....

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Right you are...

every time we had a chance to put this thing away tonight, an open receiver would have the ball air-mailed 6 feet over his head when he was open in the endzone, or

a RB who had a great game anyway, would slip

or we would wait until 3rd down to throw the ball in the redzone, then throw it away

or get a FG blocked

or have a fake FG blow up in our face...

We did not play well enough to win the game in the 4th quarter, we just had the lead going in and Tenner played worse than we did...

5 trips to the redzone with 2 TDs, 1 FG and two nothin' muffins won't win against a GOOD 4th quarter team.

Another open receiver missed in the red area on 3rd down is maddening when you're trying to put a game away.

There was some good:

The Tenner offense finished with 365 yards offense after having 275 at half. 90 yards by the opponents in the 2nd half is more like it on D.

There were some good adjustments by the staff to seal the edge on defense.

I liked the play call by Enos with the pitch to AC on 3rd and 2 to put it away finally. A run into the line would probably have been stuffed...

Tenner has to be really shaking their heads over their missed FG in the first half and the fumble that took away another scoring chance...

The honeymoon was over for Butch Jones last week for sure, but losing to a coach with an 0-9 record vs SEC road opponents will have Jones' seat hotter than Georgia asphalt...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

hview

Dropkick

Quote from: LZH on October 03, 2015, 09:44:27 pm
New Rule:  Your kicker has to run a 4.7 40 or better to try some s*** like that again.  What were we doing?

Whew.
I think CBB had as much confidence in our kicker as I did. I have no problem with the call.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: LZH on October 03, 2015, 09:44:27 pm

Whew.
if you are going to go for it, just leave the offense in the game.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Dropkick on October 03, 2015, 10:46:49 pm
I think CBB had as much confidence in our kicker as I did. I have no problem with the call.
going to cost us some more games.  Not good blocking on the kicks either I noticed.

Burt B.

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on October 03, 2015, 09:52:26 pm
Right you are...

every time we had a chance to put this thing away tonight, an open receiver would have the ball air-mailed 6 feet over his head when he was open in the endzone, or

a RB who had a great game anyway, would slip

or we would wait until 3rd down to throw the ball in the redzone, then throw it away

or get a FG blocked

or have a fake FG blow up in our face...

We did not play well enough to win the game in the 4th quarter, we just had the lead going in and Tenner played worse than we did...

5 trips to the redzone with 2 TDs, 1 FG and two nothin' muffins won't win against a GOOD 4th quarter team.

Another open receiver missed in the red area on 3rd down is maddening when you're trying to put a game away.

There was some good:

The Tenner offense finished with 365 yards offense after having 275 at half. 90 yards by the opponents in the 2nd half is more like it on D.

There were some good adjustments by the staff to seal the edge on defense.

I liked the play call by Enos with the pitch to AC on 3rd and 2 to put it away finally. A run into the line would probably have been stuffed...

Tenner has to be really shaking their heads over their missed FG in the first half and the fumble that took away another scoring chance...

The honeymoon was over for Butch Jones last week for sure, but losing to a coach with an 0-9 record vs SEC road opponents will have Jones' seat hotter than Georgia asphalt...

cosign

robs4516

First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

alohawg

Quote from: rupert on October 03, 2015, 09:50:36 pm
poorly designed fake field goal---but understand he hasn't got much confidence in the kicker....

As was pointed out by the announcers, the kick was point blank, extra point range. I hated it and CBB is lucky it didn't bite him in his fat arse.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hog Pharm

Quote from: alohawg on October 04, 2015, 12:20:38 am
As was pointed out by the announcers, the kick was point blank, extra point range. I hated it and CBB is lucky it didn't bite him in his fat arse.

So was the previous kick.....

pigture perfect

It was also poorly snapped. As soon as you see a bad snap on a kick like that, you are coached to look for an alternate play on defense. I think also had McFain turned upfield earlier he would have been run out of bounds a yard or so later, which would have made it a great call. Another thing that could have tipped the Vols off, was that McFain had replaced Hedlund as PK.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 03, 2015, 09:32:19 pm
But Tenner had an uglier 4th quarter.  Getting a road win in the SEC is tough no matter how good or bad your team is. 

Nice work tonight by the Hogs!!!!  Enjoy your flight back and lets get ready for Bama.

This was a big one. Finally, we didn't face a QB that made a few great passes and made us pay. But give the D some credit...when we failed in the red zone—twice—the defense held their ground.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ronmahony

Oh man I thought we had done blew another one. I am still trying to figure out what all the arguing with Allen and Enos was about. Anybody ever find out?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

sickboy

DeltaBoy

HOGS still got to learn to score in the 4th Quarter.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 04, 2015, 12:28:55 am
It was also poorly snapped. As soon as you see a bad snap on a kick like that, you are coached to look for an alternate play on defense. I think also had McFain turned upfield earlier he would have been run out of bounds a yard or so later, which would have made it a great call. Another thing that could have tipped the Vols off, was that McFain had replaced Hedlund as PK.
why, they just had blocked our previous attempt, and leading up to the game, McFain was our full time kicker.

PP

Oliver

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 03, 2015, 09:32:19 pm

Before the game, if you had told me we'd put up a donut in the 4th Qtr I wouldn't have been surprised.  If you would have told me that we'd still win, I would have called you a liar.

luke hawg

We moved the ball fine in between 20's. For some reason we like to chunk the ball at the goal post when throwing for the endzone. I wonder if we gets points for throwing it through the post.

Pulled(PP)pork

"an ugly win is better than a pretty loss"

PP

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.