Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thread........Final Arkansas 24.........Tennessee 20

Started by Cinco de Hogo, October 03, 2015, 05:42:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on October 03, 2015, 09:56:20 pm
He brought it up so I responded.

Get over yourself and don't read my posts if you don't like what I have to say.

Several sunshine pumpers have found their strawman, thank you! Gets them off my back for awhile.  ;D

Laughing Hog

Quote from: redeye on October 03, 2015, 10:00:39 pm
I almost hate to bring this up, but we're right back in the SEC race.  LSU and and A&M lead in the West, but the Aggies will lose and we'll be much improved by the time we play LSU.  I'm not getting my hopes up, but just saying that we're not out of it.

there, you've gone and done it  ;D
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: scruf on October 03, 2015, 09:53:43 pm
It's not a straw man, there are plenty of anti-Hog HC posts in the game thread, even post-victory. Anti-HC is anti-team. It's really pretty simple.

Pure BS

I take it you were a Nutt Lover otherwise your stance doesn't work.

Athog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on October 03, 2015, 09:13:48 pm
Honest question:  IF we win, is this that great of a win?

If we lost would it be that bad of a loss? Dumb question!!

hoglady

Got to say - this team could have folded like a cheap tent when Tenner took that 2 touchdown lead in the blink of an eye.
But we stayed composed and didn't panic.
Now if we can bottle that composure for the staff and players and carry it into the 4th quarter - we can win some games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hoglady on October 03, 2015, 10:30:51 pm
Got to say - this team could have folded like a cheap tent when Tenner took that 2 touchdown lead in the blink of an eye.
But we stayed composed and didn't panic.
Now if we can bottle that composure for the staff and players and carry it into the 4th quarter - we can win some games.
'
Absoluteley. I was worried we would fold. I certainly give CBB credit for finding a way to keep a foudering ship afloat.

hview

hoglady

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 03, 2015, 10:42:09 pm
'
Absoluteley. I was worried we would fold. I certainly give CBB credit for finding a way to keep a foudering ship afloat.

He is a master at keeping the team playing hard through gut wrenching adversity.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

elksnort

redeye

I just remembered that Tennessee took Oklahoma to OT in Neyland. 

hoglady

Quote from: redeye on October 03, 2015, 11:10:50 pm
I just remembered that Tennessee took Oklahoma to OT in Neyland. 

Heck - Tenn had them beat and choked it away.
That game shouldn't have ever gone to overtime.

redeye

Quote from: hoglady on October 03, 2015, 11:18:34 pm
Heck - Tenn had them beat and choked it away.
That game shouldn't have ever gone to overtime.

Wow!  I'd already forgotten about that game.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

sickboy

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgzinbowlz

southeasthog

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Qadi999 on October 03, 2015, 09:36:21 pm
Tenn Lost that game more then  we  won it.

Hey the shallow end of the gene pool is looking for you....they want their resident idiot back.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 03, 2015, 09:50:00 pm
OK, dingleberries.

If we lose a bunch of you geniuses are halfway up CBB's lower intestine over that fake FG call. If it works you are thrilled at the "in-game adjustment", assuming the fake was related to the blocked FG earlier.

A win is a sum of its parts. Same as a loss.  You have to assume that every good play - and every bad one - contributes to the result. That fake FG sets up something on down the road for us. Or it doesn't, but there is a film crew from Bama now having to dissect personnel, etc., on FGs to see if we are tipping something. Then, they'll be practicing the various permutations.

I am cool with that.

The more I think about it, the more I agree.  Obviously, love the balls to call it(and no doubt HAD to be approved by BB - shows he's willing to go for the jugular).  The only thing that bothers me is the potential of a fumble scooped up and run back - but it was obvious our kicker was more concerned about holding on to the ball than trying to get in the end zone.

But the pros outweigh the cons, especially when we were so badly in need of a boost.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

tusksincolorado

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on October 04, 2015, 08:22:01 am
The more I think about it, the more I agree.  Obviously, love the balls to call it(and no doubt HAD to be approved by BB - shows he's willing to go for the jugular).  The only thing that bothers me is the potential of a fumble scooped up and run back - but it was obvious our kicker was more concerned about holding on to the ball than trying to get in the end zone.

But the pros outweigh the cons, especially when we were so badly in need of a boost.

I think he was running scared.....but that's ok, he was not trained to be a running back.

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 04, 2015, 08:23:54 am
I think he was running scared.....but that's ok, he was not trained to be a running back.

And he had the ball wrapped up with both arms.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

GuvHog

A very nice MUCH needed win!

Some aren't giving that Hog defense enough credit. The reason Tennessee's offense was inept in the second half is because the Hog defense shut their running game down after that last field goal and forced them to win with the pass.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Quote from: GuvHog on October 04, 2015, 08:45:34 am

Some aren't giving that Hog defense enough credit. The reason Tennessee's offense was inept in the second half is because the Hog defense shut their running game down after that last field goal and forced them to win with the pass.

Can't believe I'm going to agree with Guv, but I do.  And there were several passes broken up 1 on 1 by our secondary.  I hope this means they are starting to gel.

Smokehouse

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on October 04, 2015, 08:54:35 am
Can't believe I'm going to agree with Guv, but I do.  And there were several passes broken up 1 on 1 by our secondary.  I hope this means they are starting to gel.

They were in better position this game. Much less pointing, yelling, and shrugging going on pre-snap.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

tusksincolorado

I also thought the DL got some great push-offs on their pass rush! Seemed like Dobbs was always rushing his throws.

No one ever answered my question if Allen's mom and dad are together :)  I hope so, but, ya know....I'm single

Cinco de Hogo

I was giving by them props during the game as well.  We didn't score into the fourth quarter again but this time the defense held the lead for us. 

We saw some improvement in the aTm game and the Tennessee game although not close to perfect by any means was another game of improvement.

I again don't expect a win at Bama but I have a better feel about how we will play. 

GuvHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on October 04, 2015, 08:54:35 am

Tennessee's Strength is their running game, that's what they hang their hat on and why they almost beat Florida and Oklahoma. They don't pass well at all so when the Hog defense forced them to pass, the Vols were in trouble.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Mulberry Squeezins

October 04, 2015, 03:25:14 pm #2078 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:40:36 pm by Mulberry Squeezins
Quote from: Hogz87 on October 03, 2015, 09:06:04 pm
It's like we're reliving the Hootie years all over again.  I thought I'd never have to suffer through that nightmare 10 years again.

Reading through the game thread some of you guys should be embarrassed.  Not wanting to single you out, but I noticed the only time you made a post was when something went wrong.  Even after we started taking control of the game.  And your comparison to Nutt demonstrates that you clearly have no understanding of the current state of our program.  Either that or you weren't paying attention to Nutt's approach to building and recruiting.   

We aren't even scratching the surface in terms of where we are in the process of building, and it's not as though BB is working from a foundation of previous top 10 recruiting classes. 

I admit I wasn't sure about Bielema's buyout in his contract, but it's becoming increasingly clear that it's probably a blessing in disguise, especially since your line of thinking seems to be typical.  About the only way we will insure we have the kind of time it will require for Arkansas to build something is by having a huge cash buyout for our coach.     

BearsBisonsBoars

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 10:14:21 pm
Several sunshine pumpers have found their strawman, thank you! Gets them off my back for awhile.  ;D
I'm starting to think that you don't know what a straw man fallacy actually entails.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on October 04, 2015, 09:08:39 pm
I'm starting to think that you don't know what a straw man fallacy actually entails.

I probably broaden it a bit but it still works when people plunk imaginary people out of thin air.  :)

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on October 04, 2015, 03:25:14 pm
Reading through the game thread some of you guys should be embarrassed.  Not wanting to single you out, but I noticed the only time you made a post was when something went wrong.  Even after we started taking control of the game.  And your comparison to Nutt demonstrates that you clearly have no understanding of the current state of our program.  Either that or you weren't paying attention to Nutt's approach to building and recruiting.   

We aren't even scratching the surface in terms of where we are in the process of building, and it's not as though BB is working from a foundation of previous top 10 recruiting classes. 

I admit I wasn't sure about Bielema's buyout in his contract, but it's becoming increasingly clear that it's probably a blessing in disguise, especially since your line of thinking seems to be typical.  About the only way we will insure we have the kind of time it will require for Arkansas to build something is by having a huge cash buyout for our coach.   

Dang Mulberry, I only started this thread as a joke!  It's Steef's fault for letting it continue.

I just figured they would lock me out of the game thread again.  Once it became THE game thread I felt obligated.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"