Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

* CODE RED * CODE RED * CODE RED *

Started by PaleHorse, November 08, 2006, 11:26:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleHorse

Just received this email which was sent to all UofA employees (sorry if already posted)

*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED* CODE RED*
Message from Will Roth, Pep Rally Chair - Arkansas Booster Club:
For Saturday's HUGE game, the Booster Club is sponsoring a promotion called CODE RED, which is an attempt to get ALL Razorback fans (students and non-students) in attendance for Saturday's game to wear red - all red!  We want the entire stadium to look like a "sea of red."  This can (and will) be accomplished, but we have to get the word out.  We are promoting throughout the state through newspapers, television, and radio.

In addition, the pep rally on Friday night at 8:00 p.m. at the Greek Theater will be huge.  ESPN cameras will be filming during the rally.  This is a great way to show off true Razorback spirit on nationwide television.

Please send questions, comments, or concerns regarding CODE RED to wroth@uark.edu.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

doo-ran

Geohul

Yeah Pale Horse, I just got that email myself.  Everybody send this along to everybody you know.

Hognoxious

Great Idea!

(But I thought "real" Hog fans were still wearing black.....)

luckyrazor

Hog-On-Fire

Awesome! Lets intimidate the hell outta those bastards.
Get Loud!
Wear Red!
Call the Hogs, Often!

UADrummer

Quote from: MikeThrel on November 08, 2006, 11:52:26 am
Whew!!  When I first read the title of the thread, I thought they were going to try to bring back that stoopid cheer from a few years back........

That's what I thought when I opened the e-mail too, luckily this is a much better idea.

PaleHorse

not sure if anyone is interested but here is the rest of the email... Parking Information

Part of Parking Lot 44 Faculty/Staff to be Closed on November 9 and 10:
The ESPN College GameDay show will be broadcasting live from the University of Arkansas campus on Saturday, November 11, 2006.  There will also be a show on Friday afternoon.  To accommodate these events, we must clear the east half of the Faculty/Staff section in lot 44.  This area will be barricaded Wednesday evening after 5 p.m.  The ESPN crew will begin set-up on Thursday morning.  The west half of the Faculty/Staff section will still be available for parking on Thursday and Friday.  The Reserved and Student sections as well as the Faculty/Staff section at the northwest corner of the lot will not be affected.

If you have a Faculty/Staff permit and cannot find parking in the Faculty/Staff or Student section of lot 44 on Thursday or Friday, we recommend you park in parking lots 72, 73 or 73A, west of Razorback Stadium and the football practice field.  The Green route Razorback Transit bus stops in the southwest corner of lot 44 every 10 minutes between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday and every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.  There are also parking spaces available weekdays in lot 46, south of the Administrative Services Building on Razorback Road.  The Green route bus also stops on Razorback Road at the Track.     

We did consider operating a shuttle from the Baum Stadium parking lot.  When we did this for the event on October 11 that closed all of the Faculty/Staff parking in lot 44, only 35 passengers rode the bus. There will be sufficient parking available in the lots along Razorback Road, which all have convenient bus service near them.

Please contact Transit and Parking at parking@uark.edu if you have any questions about parking during this event.

Gary K. Smith
Director, Transit and Parking

Rasta Hogmon

Quote from: Hognoxious on November 08, 2006, 11:51:09 am
Great Idea!

Yea, i did see about a dozen or so Black shirts this season...My favorite were the 5 dudes on the north east hill with the Beat BAMA Black shirts on...They had the most disapointed look on their faces as we walked by after the BAMA game...4 of them gave it up but one die hard still stands there with his Black Beat Bama shirt on...

Geohul

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Yo Huckleberry

Dude, I've worn the same white shirt 8 games in a row. No way in cain will I be changing it now!

PaleHorse

Quote from: Yo Huckleberry on November 08, 2006, 12:22:17 pm
Dude, I've worn the same white shirt 8 games in a row. No way in cain will I be changing it now!

Just put a red one over it :D

razorhogg

Yep, my wife, son, and I all wear the exact same thing to every game, and I am not tempting the Gods by wearing something new.

Hog Fan 51

Enough with the code red. Hog fans should wear red or white. Both are acceptable colors.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Pork Twain

As long as it is not puke orange but a stadium full of red sure would look nice.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

PaleHorse

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on November 08, 2006, 12:26:57 pm
Enough with the code red. Hog fans should wear red or white. Both are acceptable colors.

shush.   Yes, both are acceptable... But it would look great on National TV.  You know how many crowd shots Louisville, and Boise State got when they did theirs...  1 more thing to give us more pub.  This is going to be  agreat weekend.

RBLtoHOG

im wearin a white shirt.... but u wont be able to see me in the box anyways ;)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Hugehogsfan

Same here, I have worn the Paul Eells Touchdown Arkansas shirt and since the beginning, it has worked. 

Hog Van Ham

Someone needs to take a photo from the broyles complex when the team takes the field.  If everyone wears red, then it will be like the hogs parting the "red" sea!

Hog-On-Fire

So wear it underneith a red sweatshirt. This Code Red thing is going to be awesome. All the Hog fans around the country that can't make it and are forced to watch it on TV will see the sea of red and get pumped up. Besides, It's going to scare the hell outta fat Phil and crew.

SPAL

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on November 08, 2006, 12:26:57 pm

always one in the bunch isnt there.

louisianahawg

Pork Twain

Careful...  Phat Phil might think you are a rare steak and try to eat you.  Think Fat Bastad from Austin Powers.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I agree, my Hogville shirt is white and that is what I'm wearing...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hawgger

CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED*CODE RED* CODE RED*
Message from Will Roth, Pep Rally Chair - Arkansas Booster Club:
For Saturday's HUGE game, the Booster Club is sponsoring a promotion called CODE RED, which is an attempt to get ALL Razorback fans (students and non-students) in attendance for Saturday's game to wear red - all red!  We want the entire stadium to look like a "sea of red."  This can (and will) be accomplished, but we have to get the word out.  We are promoting throughout the state through newspapers, television, and radio.

In addition, the pep rally on Friday night at 8:00 p.m. at the Greek Theater will be huge.  ESPN cameras will be filming during the rally.  This is a great way to show off true Razorback spirit on nationwide television.

Please send questions, comments, or concerns regarding CODE RED to wroth@uark.edu.
Alligator, Alligator, Alligator Piss.  If SH*T was a college They'd call it Ole Miss.

Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty, who the hell are we?  Flim Flam, Bim Bam, WHO THE FU@K GIVES A DAMN!!!

TulsaHogFan

why aren't they using message boards to get the word out?

DukeOfPork

Too bad they're selling white gameday shirts on hogwired and mass emailing it to everybody.

FUBAR

woodhog14

It would be awesome if the team would come running out of the "A" in ALL RED!!!!!  :D

HogNuttz

A pep rally during the B-ball game.

This has lack of planning written all over it.  Either that or people on the hill, like most fans, don't give a shite about b-ball until football is over.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

PAHOGFAN

I have been calling for this for a while!

It would be awesome if the team would come running out of the "A" in ALL RED!!!!! 

PaleHorse

I would love to see red pants, jersey for this game.

sowmonella

Quote from: PaleHorse on November 08, 2006, 06:36:20 pm

NOOOOOOO!!   Red pants for fans OK....The Razorbacks should go with tradition.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Brand X Hog Fan

Wear it under your red jacket. That is what I am doing with my grey shirt if I go. he;;, I will probably participate in the Code Red if I stay home!

Still waiting on the ticket fairy . . . .
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

bigred7987

I like the all white like we had vs. South Carolina

1CavHog

Aren't the "FIRE NUTT" shirts they made last year red?

razorbacker80

Quote from: PaleHorse on November 08, 2006, 06:36:20 pm

Funny you should say that.  I'm halfway expecting the Hogs in an all red uni for this game. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 08, 2006, 01:24:42 pm
why aren't they using message boards to get the word out?

'Cuz they ain't really that many of us real hawgs fans on here and anyways we to busy eatin' cheetos...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogfan13

Great Idea!

OH HELL. Read that post during my English Class and Almost Fell out of my chair Laughing

SPAL

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on November 08, 2006, 08:46:29 pm
Great Idea!

OH HELL. Read that post during my English Class and Almost Fell out of my chair Laughing

i didn tknow the 6th grade had an english class at 8:46 pm

Hog Van Ham

What if we messed with Tennessee's head by wearing Red Shirts in the First half.  Tennessee goes to the locker room at halftime and the whole crowd removes their red shirt to reveal a white shirt.  Tennessee would come out to a whole new crowd.  Crazy?  yes...but it bumped up the thread.

RedRiverHog

The 10:00 news said they were giving out like 8000 red pom poms...AND

Sams club was giving out 5000 red shirts....
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

PaleHorse

MarionHawgFan

It is not whether you win or lose it is how you play the game-  The guy that lost is the one that will say this.
I want to win.

GoHoGsGo06

PaleHorse

pi

I don't know too many people who have Red coats, and it's sure gonna be co-old!  That being said, this is a good chance to see how connected to the media hog fans are...

warpigs

I bought a red coat just for Hog games.

I think the pom pon thing is a good idea. It even reminded me of one of the coolest things I have ever seen an opponent do. Early in our membership, we played Tennessee in WMS on a cold, cold night. Prior to the game the TN cheer squad went up in the stands and handed out orange and white poms to every Vol fan. Cool stuff.