Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atmosphere in the South Indoor Club

Started by WilsonHog, November 04, 2017, 07:16:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Definitely different vibe. Maybe a third full by the end of the game. One of the loudest cheers of the day occurred when a lady held up a "Fire Jeff Now" bumper sticker. Comments during the game, made fairly loudly a few times, were things like "How much money did we make on that play, Jeff?" and "Great job, there, BERT." Loud and with emphasis. A few people cheered when we went ahead, but mostly people just sat there like they weren't quite sure what to make of it all.

Strange day.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 04, 2017, 07:16:23 pm
Definitely different vibe. Maybe a third full by the end of the game. One of the loudest cheers of the day occurred when a lady held up a “Fire Jeff Now” bumper sticker. Comments during the game, made fairly loudly a few times, were things like “How much money did we make on that play, Jeff?” and “Great job, there, BERT.” Loud and with emphasis. A few people cheered when we went ahead, but mostly people just sat there like they weren’t quite sure what to make of it all.

Strange day.

Sure sounds like even average fans have pretty much had enough.

JOKERHOG

Definitely different vibe. Maybe a third full by the end of the game. One of the loudest cheers of the day occurred when a lady held up a "Fire Jeff Now" bumper sticker. Comments during the game, made fairly loudly a few times, were things like "How much money did we make on that play, Jeff?" and "Great job, there, BERT." Loud and with emphasis. A few people cheered when we went ahead, but mostly people just sat there like they weren't quite sure what to make of it all.

Strange day.

Good, we need a change of leadership and it has been way too long coming. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

3kgthog

Nothing but jokes on the bus back to Baum. Which high school team in Arkansas could beat Coastal, UCA would beat us, etc. Folks wanting to bring back Bobby, buy him a new bike, and set him up with a new girlfriend.

I didn't laugh at any of these. The fact that this is where we are left me...numb.

fieldturf

Just wish we would to a staff with Arkansas connections and able to recruit Texas.  Nobody understands except coach's that grew up here.  Now having said that Gus and his staff has Arkansas connections and have done a ok job in his 5 years down there.  We would have better off now if he was hired 5 years ago.   

jgphillips3

It's over.  Long can help Bert find a job, fire him or go down with the ship.  Even a brain damaged gopher could see what a disaster this program is now.

ricepig

Quote from: fieldturf on November 04, 2017, 07:26:27 pm
Just wish we would to a staff with Arkansas connections and able to recruit Texas.  Nobody understands except coach's that grew up here.  Now having said that Gus and his staff has Arkansas connections and have done a ok job in his 5 years down there.  We would have better off now if he was hired 5 years ago.   

So, Holtz and Petrino had Arkansas connections?

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 04, 2017, 07:30:32 pm
No way.  ricepig says only hogville folks say bert.  gchamblee says anyone who calls Bret a name isn't a true fan.  WilsonHog says I'll change my mind depending how the wind blows and I'll ban anyone who disagrees with me.  I think that covers it.

Umm.....I've never said that, I'm on a couple other boards, the vast majority call him Bert, lol, but nice try!

Hoggie17

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2017, 07:29:48 pm
What ever they had they won!

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 04, 2017, 07:34:26 pm
What ever they had they won!

I agree, just trying to interject a little truth into the conversation, my apologies.

goodguytex

What we need is for someone with a sound game plan for our program to come in, hire a competent staff, and just build the program. We thought we were getting that when bielema was hired. But didn't turn out that way.

fieldturf

No, but they had assistants that either played here or where from here.  And we've had 1 for the past 5 years, Barry Lunney! 

ricepig

Quote from: fieldturf on November 04, 2017, 07:35:49 pm

No, but they had assistants that either played here or where from here.  And we've had 1 for the past 5 years, Barry Lunney! 

Yeah, that extra guy Petrino had must have made the difference, he had Horton and Botkin.

fieldturf

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2017, 07:44:05 pm
Yeah, that extra guy Petrino had must have made the difference, he had Horton and Botkin.

Yea and most our coach's now are from ice hockey part of the United States.  At least Petrino coach's where mostly from the Southern US

cal34

Did anybody correct them for calling him Bert?

ricepig

Quote from: fieldturf on November 04, 2017, 07:49:17 pm

Yea and most our coach's now are from ice hockey part of the United States.  At least Petrino coach's where mostly from the Southern US

I guess if you call Louisville in the southern US.

Rudy Baylor

Louisville is in last place in their ACC division

cjack

Strange day.

Fair weather fans.     /sarcasm
Woooo Pig Soooie!

DeltaBoy

Everyone I read on Facebook  are upset how we won.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thebignasty

Folks wanted to win in my section.  Weren't very optimistic though.

One fella wanted to see more Hammonds. Don't blame him.

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on November 04, 2017, 08:12:35 pm
Folks wanted to win in my section.  Weren't very optimistic though.

One fella wanted to see more Hammonds. Don't blame him.

Good section to be in, glad you were able to pull out the win.

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2017, 08:13:43 pm
Good section to be in, glad you were able to pull out the win.

A little surreal to be surrounded by folks cheering when we cut the lead chanticleer lead to 3 in the 4th quarter.

RME

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 04, 2017, 07:18:57 pm

The "average fan" sits in the South Indoor Club?

wachhog

Maybe the first time I ever agreed with you. Assistants do need connections in the South.

RzrbkRat

South Outdoor Club wasn't any better. On top of that we had to deal with the smell of greasy hamburger smoke and the two screaming concessions harassing all the fans to shop with them.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 04, 2017, 08:23:25 pm
The "average fan" sits in the South Indoor Club?

The average fan sat his ass at home, went and sighted his 30-06, and mowed the yard.

WaltonCollege

DoctorSusscrofa

Sounds like a great crowd of fine people.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

WalHog2018

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 09:36:27 pm
Sounds like a great crowd of fine people.

Been sitting there for four years now. It is a great crowd of people. They are called realists. You know, people who understand how bad our program is. How can you blame the people, but not Bert and Jeffie?

Al Boarland

hobhog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 04, 2017, 07:18:57 pm
They were there. Above average.

If you thought that made them average, where do you rank yourself?

hobhog

Proof that WMS needs to keep games. Love both sites but winning dictates attendance, not region.

ThisTeetsTaken

Pretty much how I feel.  I want to watch the game to see what happens but then again I want to turn my back to it.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

CiriusPorker

I miss the days when we were tracking the UA plane. 

ImHogginIt

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 04, 2017, 10:53:28 pm
Been sitting there for four years now. It is a great crowd of people. They are called realists. You know, people who understand how bad our program is. How can you blame the people, but not Bert and Jeffie?

Yes, they sound like classy, honorable people. At least the ones that showed up. Fine examples.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

swinemaster

Quote from: AP85 on November 04, 2017, 09:26:06 pm
The average fan sat his ass at home, went and sighted his 30-06, and mowed the yard.

Spot on!  That's what I did.  Except I sighted in a .270 and opened the gate for my gardener.