Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum comments on the Louisville situation

Started by Hoggie17, September 27, 2017, 02:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 03:55:37 pm
It's kinda depressing how "integrity" has become a dirty word in Arkansas athletics.  I get that fans want to win but to be angry that we aren't cheating to do so kind of makes us look like bigger losers than our record already indicates. 

Who said anything about wanting us to cheat?? That's an absolutely bogus statement.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 03:56:18 pm
It would be unique but Louisville hired Petrino back after his leaving caused a scandal. 

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:03:33 pm
Exactly and they also added an 11,000,000 dollar buyout to his contract. Obviously their AD is a lot smart than Jeff Long because while they have won any championships, they have won a heck of a lot of games.

I submit he might have been the ONLY AD at a P5 school that would hire him. He certainly is the only one that knew intimately what he was getting himself into. It also shows today that maybe Jurich isn't as smart as you think. He's effectively out and career and reputation tarnished. Also when BP left Louisville there was no scandal there that I remember. That was here.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

gchamblee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 04:00:46 pm
BINGO. You were NOT fired for lying to your boss. Thanks for making the point that sometimes reasons preclude someone for getting rehired. That being said it's lucky for you that you were rehired because I've hired and fired a lot of people. I have a rule that once fired nobody is rehired for any reason.

That is pretty interesting. I have been very fortunate in my life. When I moved home from Denver after having a child, I went to work as a National Sales Manager for a manufacturing company. After a couple of years I left to pursue another opportunity that had the potential to be a huge financial gain. When I left that company, I was rehired at the same position of the company that I quit to take that job. When I left that job, I took a job as an IT consultant which I later got fired from. I was later rehired by that company. Even though I do not work for them anymore, I am still very good friends with the owners and they consult with me often. Then, the company I work for now.

I was also married twice to the same woman. I seem to get a lot of second chances in my life and they have all worked out well for me. I know this is off topic, but it is a bizarre story. My life experience is why I would not be surprised to see Bobby get a second chance from the same man that fired him. Sometimes, things just work out the way they do.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 03:21:32 pm
That would most likely have to happen if Petrino was to return because if the PTB at the U of A attempted to force Long to re-hire BP, he'd either resign or they'd have to fire him. Long will never agree to re-hiring Bobby because if he did that, he would be admitting to the whole College football world that he screwed up royally when he fired Bobby. Long's gigantic ego will never let him do that.

Everyone knows he screwed up. He may have a chance to save face.

EastexHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 03:55:37 pm
It's kinda depressing how "integrity" has become a dirty word in Arkansas athletics.  I get that fans want to win but to be angry that we aren't cheating to do so kind of makes us look like bigger losers than our record already indicates. 

Who has cheated at Arkansas?  Who has said they want cheating?  Okay, maybe a couple of people on this board, but as far as anyone knows there was no cheating at Arkansas anytime, including when Petrino was here. 

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:06:51 pm
Who said anything about wanting us to cheat?? That's an absolutely bogus statement.

the point or the thing you are looking for is that CBP does not have integrity.  But people would give their first born just to see him coach the Hogs again.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:02:10 pm
All males have testosterone, I can forgive someone for a mistake where that hormone was to blame, what went on in Louisville is a real crime,

Testosterone is not what causes someone to call a news conference to tell a lie.

grayhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 03:41:19 pm
Not at all. You are seriously underestimating Jeff Long's Gigantic Ego. He wouldn't re-hire Bobby even to save his on job. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he proves me wrong on that but I just don't see it happening.
I would be OK with firing Long to hire Petrino.

311Hog

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 04:07:34 pm
I submit he might have been the ONLY AD at a P5 school that would hire him. He certainly is the only one that knew intimately what he was getting himself into. It also shows today that maybe Jurich isn't as smart as you think. He's effectively out and career and reputation tarnished. Also when BP left Louisville there was no scandal there that I remember. That was here.

Yet after the so-called scandal here, they re-hired him.

Hoggie17

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 04:10:13 pm
Testosterone is not what causes someone to call a news conference to tell a lie.
A lot of politics went on, you should be able to figure that out.

moses_007

No doubt Jeff Long knows that Petrino is the one coach who can win here.  Perhaps he's the only coach in the country that could.  But is he willing to re-hire him?  Can he forgive and forget, and bring him back?

311Hog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:12:54 pm
A lot of politics went on, you should be able to figure that out.

cheating on your wife with a co worker seems pretty cut and dried.

Hoggie17

Hoggie17

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 04:13:20 pm
No doubt Jeff Long knows that Petrino is the one coach who can win here.  Perhaps he's the only coach in the country that could.  But is he willing to re-hire him?  Can he forgive and forget, and bring him back?
Jesus Christ taught us to forgive.

moses_007

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:15:04 pm
That's exactly right.  +1000.  The Christian thing to do is to forgive him, and bring him back. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 04:08:31 pm
That is pretty interesting. I have been very fortunate in my life. When I moved home from Denver after having a child, I went to work as a National Sales Manager for a manufacturing company. After a couple of years I left to pursue another opportunity that had the potential to be a huge financial gain. When I left that company, I was rehired at the same position of the company that I quit to take that job. When I left that job, I took a job as an IT consultant which I later got fired from. I was later rehired by that company. Even though I do not work for them anymore, I am still very good friends with the owners and they consult with me often. Then, the company I work for now.

I was also married twice to the same woman. I seem to get a lot of second chances in my life and they have all worked out well for me. I know this is off topic, but it is a bizarre story. My life experience is why I would not be surprised to see Bobby get a second chance from the same man that fired him. Sometimes, things just work out the way they do.

Getting rehired after quitting happens a lot. I've rehired employees that did that. Rehiring them after firing is not a common and in some industries it is practically unheard of. I've had companies try to rehired me when I quit and I turned them down. My son is a VP of a high tech Silicon Valley company. It is common in that industry to get rehired form previous employers. Especially when you had quit. Also a company telling someone they are fired due to job performance happens a lot. It is dang near a catch all phrase for firing in some industries. I've been fired and was told that in the past. I was fired by a guy trying to save labor costs and not for job performance and sold him some stuff later.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggie17

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 04:16:15 pm
That's exactly right.  +1000.  The Christian thing to do is to forgive him, and bring him back.
A men!

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:10:08 pm
the point or the thing you are looking for is that CBP does not have integrity.  But people would give their first born just to see him coach the Hogs again.

BP didn't have "personal" integrity, but he ran the Arkansas program with integrity as it was a clean program and never in danger of an NCAA investigation. Those of us who would take him back can separate his personal private life from his work as head football coach. Obviously some on here can't.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:15:04 pm

Forgiving is one thing forgetting is another.......................

hoglady

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 04:07:34 pm

From what I've read Jurich was told to fire Pitino and he refused.
So they fired (or suspended) them both.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gchamblee

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:17:23 pm
A men!

so you're cool with forgiving cbb and letting him try to turn this around? its the christian thing to do right? or are we only forgiving people that we benefit from?

1highhog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 02:55:15 pm
If Petrino signals that he wants back in the SEC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our next coach.  Wouldn't that be a riot?  Petrino did what he had to do...he put that scandal to bed. 

Long has hired him once, why not twice?

roflmao

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:12:22 pm
Yet after the so-called scandal here, they re-hired him.

You missed my point. The scandal was NOT at Louisville when he left there. They had no reason related to their organization to not consider rehiring him. He didn't do to them what he did to us.

majp51

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 27, 2017, 02:53:29 pm
Petrino at Auburn, LSU, or A&M would keep Saban up at night.  If Petrino had access to the type of talent he would at those 3 schools, he'd be tough.  The times Saban got the better of him was simply because the talent level was so weighted in his favor.  Petrino will never attract the talent to compete with the Bama's, LSU's etc at Louisville. 

IN what Universe? Petrino only every got close to Saban once. Petrino is the college Equivalent of Doug Collins. He can get a team close, but never good enough to win it all.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 04:19:51 pm
so you're cool with forgiving cbb and letting him try to turn this around? its the christian thing to do right? or are we only forgiving people that we benefit from?

Good point!

Hoggie17

Quote from: hoglady on September 27, 2017, 04:18:35 pm
Some AD's stand up for their employees!

EastexHawg

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:13:31 pm
cheating on your wife with a co worker seems pretty cut and dried.

If at halftime of every game Saturday every college coach who has committed adultery with a secretary or other university employee...or even a university player or student...is suddenly turned into a rattlesnake how many teams do you suppose are going to have players trying to get out of the dressing room before being bitten?

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:18:18 pm
BP didn't have "personal" integrity, but he ran the Arkansas program with integrity as it was a clean program and never in danger of an NCAA investigation. Those of us who would take him back can separate his personal private life from his work as head football coach. Obviously some on here can't.

You cannot be selective about integrity, we know he did not have integrity in his personal life (the moment she started working at the UofA it stopped just being his personal life btw).

You do not know if he ran a clean program you assume so, but i would venture to say hiring your mistress at your job is not running a clean program.

There are clearly people that would take him back in a heart beat, these same people probably cry to the high heavens about respecting the flag and family values, and all manner of hypocritical shite like that.

GuvHog

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 04:10:13 pm

I agree that it sure wasn't what caused Jeff Long to lie like he did in the termination press conference.

Hoggie17

I am not aware of any other situations like BP's?

311Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 27, 2017, 04:21:05 pm
If at halftime of every game Saturday every college coach who has committed adultery with a secretary or other university employee...or even a university player or student...is suddenly turned into a rattlesnake how many teams do you suppose are going to have players trying to get out of the dressing room before being bitten?

Don't care, integrity either you have it or you don't.

hawgon

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:23:35 pm

You might be surprised about what comes out about the current regime.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on September 27, 2017, 04:18:35 pm

If my boss tells me to fire someone they need to explain a good reason or I'll walk myself. He disagreed. When someone disagrees with their boss in firing decisions it's best to resign and go elsewhere. They HAVE good reason at Louisville to fire RP and since TJ refused they have good reason to fire him.

grayhawg

Already tried that a couple of times.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:20:40 pm
Some AD's stand up for their employees!

Except they aren't the AD's employees they are the schools employees. The AD just happened to be the hiring manager when they were hired.

Hoggie17

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:22:11 pm
I agree that it sure wasn't what caused Jeff Long to lie like he did in the termination press conference.
It was a lie that we had to fire BP.  I said then and I am saying now. It turned our football program into what is now, at the bottom with Vandy and Ky. That's not what I want.

311Hog

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 04:24:21 pm
You might be surprised about what comes out about the current regime.

Nothing surprises me anymore so i doubt that.  You are also assuming that because i have integrity and i believe that to not be a curse word but a complement that i am in some way saying i support Long or "want to lose" or some other idiotic thing i do not.

I support my alma mater period.  I want it to have integrity, i want to win all the good things.  It isn't an either or game.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 27, 2017, 04:21:05 pm

People don't get fired for adultery often........They get fired a LOT for lying to their boss.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 27, 2017, 04:26:04 pm
It was a lie that we had to fire BP.  I said then and I am saying now. It turned our football program into what is now, at the bottom with Vandy and Ky. That's not what I want.

Nobody wants to have the W/L record we have. But too many people like you are blaming the WRONG person.

moses_007

The sex scandals alone should have gotten Pitino fired years ago.

grayhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 03:57:04 pm
Remind us again how many SEC titles BP had won...............
You would not trade a coach with a .481 winning% over 4 years for one that has a 667 winning% over 4 years at the same school?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:18:18 pm

Clean program running coaches don't lie to their boss. There is MUCH more to running a clean program than NCAA rules.

311Hog

Quote from: grayhawg on September 27, 2017, 04:29:31 pm
You would not trade a coach with a .481 winning% over 4 years for one that has a 667 winning% over 4 years at the same school?

to be morally bankrupt? nope i wouldn't

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: grayhawg on September 27, 2017, 04:29:31 pm

Not with the things we know about the coaches you are referencing.

Gonzo

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 04:23:35 pm

Must be nice to be a saint. I mean, either you have integrity or you don't.

Go Hogs!

311Hog

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 04:33:28 pm

Go Hogs!

if you do not know the difference there is no point in me talking to you further.

You don't have to be Jesus to have integrity.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 04:28:39 pm
Nobody wants to have the W/L record we have. But too many people like you are blaming the WRONG person.

No he isn't blaming the wrong person, he like many others, doesn't have his head up Jeff Long's backside so he can clearly see the man for what he really is.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 04:33:28 pm

Go Hogs!

One doesn't have to be a saint to have it.

311Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 27, 2017, 04:36:11 pm
No he isn't blaming the wrong person, he like many others, doesn't have his head up Jeff Long's backside so he can clearly see the man for what he really is.

what he really is?

The man is not an adulterous acehole is that what you mean? you apparently hold those values in high regard.

CBB maybe failing at being a coach but he is not a bad or evil man lol and neither is Jeff Long.