Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tie Breaker

Started by hogfankb, February 09, 2006, 01:18:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfankb

My pridiction is that arkansas will go 5-2 from here on out losing to Tenn/Florida.

I am also thinking Bama is going to go 3-4. Loses to Ark @ our place,Florida @ Bama, 1 of the ole miss/south carolina road games, and Tenn @ bama.

With that being said that leaves us both at 9-7. Split the head to head matchup.

What is the SEC's tiebreaker to decide who gets the 2 seed? Record against other west teams? Point differential in our head to head matchups?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogfankb on February 09, 2006, 01:18:49 pm
My pridiction is that arkansas will go 5-2 from here on out losing to Tenn/Florida.

I am also thinking Bama is going to go 3-4. Loses to Ark @ our place,Florida @ Bama, 1 of the ole miss/south carolina road games, and Tenn @ bama.

With that being said that leaves us both at 9-7. Split the head to head matchup.

What is the SEC's tiebreaker to decide who gets the 2 seed? Record against other west teams? Point differential in our head to head matchups?

A tie breaker goes a long way in seeding in the SEC Tourney.   Instead of playing at 9:00 and Noon the next day - You play at around 3:00 p.m. (est) + 24hrs of rest before your next game. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tigerland

Ten is overrated
I think ark has a good shot at beating them. :razorback:

Franchise_Hog

We have to win one of these 2 games, Tenn. or Florida.  Beat the rest and hope to win 1 in the tournament.  I'll be happy with that.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I was thinking it was overall record.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 09, 2006, 01:32:35 pm
We have to win one of these 2 games, Tenn. or Florida.  Beat the rest and hope to win 1 in the tournament.  I'll be happy with that.

Florida & Alabama are home games.  Ole Miss & Georgia on the road are very very winable games.   Tennessee is by far the most dangerous game.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfankb

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 09, 2006, 01:45:45 pm
Quote from: Franchise_Hog on February 09, 2006, 01:32:35 pm

Florida & Alabama are home games.  Ole Miss & Georgia on the road are very very winable games.   Tennessee is by far the most dangerous game.

Agreed. Still don't know what the tie breaker is if we both end up finishing the way i predicted.