Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

looking ahead to SEC tourney

Started by Big Hawg 21, February 09, 2006, 12:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Hawg 21

Looking at the remaining schedule Ark and Ala it is not out of the realm of possiblity that we finish 2nd in the west which puts us in a Quarterfinal game against Kentucky. 

Alabama still has to play:
@ Ole Miss
@ South Carolina
@ Arkansas
@ Miss St
Home games:
Tennesee
Auburn
Florida.

We are 2 games behind them, but if we take care of business we can catch them.  Tennesee will be our hardest game remaining..I dont know about everyone else, but Fla doesnt scare me much anymore and Ole Miss just lost to Auburn. 

hogfan064

Honestly I think finishing 3rd in the west could be good if we go 9-7 in the league.   This would mean the Hogs would play Vandy, USC, or UGA in the first round.  Those are very winnable games.  If we get a bye then we likely get Kentucky.  I don't wanna play UK in the SEC tourney and lose our only game. 

Patch

I'd love to play Kentucky again. That loss made me ill.

texhog

There's not a game left that the Hogs can't win.  They have proven they can compete with just about any team.  Now COULD win and WILL win are quite different.  I think it's all a matter of the Players' mindset from here on out.  If they can use these tough losses and learn from them to make them tougher, and come out with even more desire to win, then I like our chances.  I tell you, these next couple of days are a critical time in the Heath tenure at ARK.  He has got to keep this team motivated and not lose them like the end of last year.

returntoglory

every game that we have lost we could have won. there is great talent. lets get some motivation and get behind our boys. rally the troops. ghg