Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For your amusement: Today vs. 1993-94

Started by Biggus Piggus, February 09, 2006, 11:19:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

These stats are not comparable, because the 1993-94 Hogs played a much tougher schedule than this year's team has.  But it's fun to compare.  Click on the attached picture to enlarge.

[attachment deleted by admin]
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

interesting.

I thought the 93-94 team would have forced a lot more turnovers. 

3 pt differential jumps out to me.  Shot it and defended it better then.

Biggus Piggus

February 09, 2006, 11:25:47 am #2 Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:40:23 am by Biggus Piggus
Key:

Poss / game = possessions per game.  Possession is defined as every trip down the floor.  An offensive rebound continues a possession; a change of possession ends it.

Dreb%, Oreb% = defensive and offensive rebound percentages, % of available rebounds obtained.

Floor % = field goals + offensive rebounds / field goal attempts + turnovers.

Points per possession = All points / all possessions as defined above.

2ptFGPP, 3ptFGPP and so on = stats measured on a per-possession basis, to adjust for differing pace of play.

UFTOPP = Unforced turnovers per possession.

Effective FG% = (total field goal points / 2) / total shots, shows what % you'd have to hit to score the same amount of points with just 2-pt shots.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hoophogs on February 09, 2006, 11:25:36 am
I thought the 93-94 team would have forced a lot more turnovers. 

It did.  Note that the 1993-94 team played at a rapid pace--82 possessions per game, 14 more than this year's Hogs.  Remember that stat includes games in the SECT and the NCAAT.  Those 14 more trips down the floor put a lot of wear on our opponents.  When you force a turnover every fourth possession, that's a bunch of chances for demoralizing transition baskets.
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

we seemed to get the turnovers in bunches too.  One minute a team was ahead by 4... next thing you knew, we were up 6 and just turned them over again.