Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Open Letter to Stan Heath: Help me if you have anything else.

Started by RealSmartGuy, February 09, 2006, 09:21:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSmartGuy

Dear Stan,

After watching your team lose another close game, I have decided to boost your spirits somewhat with my top 5 reasons you should not be fired and my top 5 reasons you should be fired.

Top 5 Reasons you should not be fired. (according to the huggers)

1.  You look really professional and well groomed.
2.  You chewed out Darian Townes once.
3.  I think your wife is an upstanding and very nice person
4.  You actually got Al Jefferson to sign here before going pro
5.  You look really professional and well groomed.

Top 5 reasons you should be GONE RIGHT NOW

5.  You actually stated in the paper today that "I didn't think McCurdy would be in that situation to shoot the foul shots."  This has to be the most proposterous statement I have ever heard, right up there with you saying that we showed mental toughness in blowing the 18 pt lead at Kentucky.  Stan if you put someone in the game, there is a chance he is going to be fouled, there is a chance he is going to get the ball, did you put him in as a decoy?  What was your strategy?  Unbelievable

4.  You gave Dontell Jefferson a scholarship.  It is bad enough that you actually play the guy.  He is one of the 5 worst players to actually play in Arkansas History yet you continue to play him and he continues to find ways you to get you beat, see # 3

3.  Your teams find ways to blow 15 and 18 pt leads on the road, monumental collapses, that a coach who could find a mentally tough team would find ways to win, you would think that  somewhere in this whole deal, you could execute a play out of a timeout that actually worked in crunch time, yet you cannot.  You invent ways to lose, whether it is missing free throws, losing 18 pt leads, or just showing up.

2.  You have yet in 4 years to recruit someone who can actually shoot the ball, and score on a consistent basis.

1.  You are 3-26 in SEC play on the road over your tenure.  With your next road loss, you will be batting .100 in Road Games, Stan this does not bode well for you, how many coaches over 4 years witha .100 winning percentage on the road in conference play still have their jobs?  The answer, you Stan, your the only one, Don't you think one of the top basketball schools in the country in the 90's deserves a coach who can at least bat .250 on the road in SEC play, or better yet, give us .333, I am sure the huggers would love you then.   

Stan, do the honarable thing and just resign right now.

Sincerely,

RealSmartGuy

FIRE STAN

LA HAWG

HighOnHogs

Facts are facts.  Like I said, get to the second round in the tourney this year or leave.  Please!  We are Arkansas Razorback Basketball.
We are Arkansas Razorback Basketball.

RealSmartGuy

Please add to my list of reasons that he should be fired, That he could find someone on the intramurel courts better than Dontrell Jefferson, sorry I left that out.

FIRE STAN

Calvin N Hawgs

returntoglory

why are you so down on dj? this guy is one of the top assist men in the league. you are going to say that is because he cant score. but we need a guy that can pass the ball to one of the best players in the sec (brewer) and one of the hottest players in the sec right now (modica). the guy isnt a defensive liability at all. he is second on the team in steals and third in blocks. he only has two less turnovers than brewer on the season when he averages about seven less minutes per game. his assist total is 121 the next closest on the team is brewer with 64. just cuz a guy doesnt score doesnt make him a bad player.

nwarazfan

Quote from: returntoglory on February 09, 2006, 09:58:45 am
why are you so down on dj? this guy is one of the top assist men in the league. you are going to say that is because he cant score. but we need a guy that can pass the ball to one of the best players in the sec (brewer) and one of the hottest players in the sec right now (modica). the guy isnt a defensive liability at all. he is second on the team in steals and third in blocks. he only has two less turnovers than brewer on the season when he averages about seven less minutes per game. his assist total is 121 the next closest on the team is brewer with 64. just cuz a guy doesnt score doesnt make him a bad player.

Because our fan base is much less knowledgeable about the game than they admit or should be considering our history.  It's easy to say "Jefferson sucks" or Play McCurdy" instead of trying to look deeper into what actually happens on the court.  Its easy to blame Jeff even though his teammates are piss poor at coming to the ball to receive a pass especially when he is being defended well.  They aren't smart enough to pay attention to that.  Its easy to blame Jefferson on post passes when our post men have little idea yet how to seal their man off and get position for the pass.  Its easy to say play McCurdy as the answer even though he tried running our offense last night 30 feet from the basket when he was in and would have had let LSU's PG score 40+ if he would have been on him for any length of time. 

RealSmartGuy

Why am I down on him, that is funny, Alabama, Kentucky, LSU,

Dontrell, its bad enough stan in on the board, now get off and go work on penetration.

nwarazfan

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 09, 2006, 10:04:51 am
Why am I down on him, that is funny, Alabama, Kentucky, LSU,

Dontrell, its bad enough stan in on the board, now get off and go work on penetration.

What about Brewer missing open shots from 15 ft or closer that Dontell set him up for last night?  Nope, got to be Dontell's fault.

RealSmartGuy

LOL, DENIAL, how many d-1 basketball PG's cannot penetrate?  1, Dontell

nwarazfan

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 09, 2006, 10:08:42 am
LOL, DENIAL, how many d-1 basketball PG's cannot penetrate?  1, Dontell

That is weak.  Again, you are showing your basketball IQ and its embarrassing.  All you have said is Dontell sucks.  Is that all you can come up with?

12under

we obviously should be playing mccurdy more so that he can go 0-2 to put the game away.  dont give me he didnt play much and was cold.  any division 1 guard should be able to stand there and make at least 1 of 2 no matter what the situation

RealSmartGuy

What game are you watching, he consistenly picks up his dribble, he cannot score and he is an offensive liability, he makes stupid decisions, Alabama, Kentucky, LSU, what more do you need.  Bottom line if McCurdy had played from the 1st game on, McCurdy would be light years better than him, Dontrell is a senior, and he is awful.  I dont' care about his assist ratio, a real point guard gets everyone involved, not two people, how many assists does he have to big men?  How many assists does he have passing the ball around the perimeter?  He never penetrates a zone, He doesn't do anything.  What more do you need.  Don't you think a true PG, a true floor general, could find a way to get us 5 more pts a game in these tights ones, where is Dontrell then?

nwarazfan

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 09, 2006, 10:22:23 am
What game are you watching, he consistenly picks up his dribble, he cannot score and he is an offensive liability, he makes stupid decisions, Alabama, Kentucky, LSU, what more do you need.  Bottom line if McCurdy had played from the 1st game on, McCurdy would be light years better than him, Dontrell is a senior, and he is awful.  I dont' care about his assist ratio, a real point guard gets everyone involved, not two people, how many assists does he have to big men?  How many assists does he have passing the ball around the perimeter?  He never penetrates a zone, He doesn't do anything.  What more do you need.  Don't you think a true PG, a true floor general, could find a way to get us 5 more pts a game in these tights ones, where is Dontrell then?

McCurdy ran the offense from 30 ft out last night on half the possessions he was in.  He threw up bricks at Bama and made key turnovers.

RealSmartGuy

I am not saying McCurdy is the answer, I Am saying if he had the minutes Jefferson had he would be 10 times better. 

12under

Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 09, 2006, 10:29:58 am
I am not saying McCurdy is the answer, I Am saying if he had the minutes Jefferson had he would be 10 times better. 
doubt it

ENHOG

Give it a break, I know it's your opinion and that's why this message board is here, but it's not just one players fault.  I think it has to do with a lack of a couple go to guys that consistently the players could feed from!!  When I say go to, I also mean a defensive and offensive minded guy.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

hogoh

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogoh on February 09, 2006, 10:48:52 am
Quote from: RealSmartGuy on February 09, 2006, 09:21:24 am

Top 5 Reasons you should not be fired.

He said top 5 resons you SHOULD not be fired, not top 5 reasons why you WILL NOT be fired. 

5.  Nutt.
4.  Nutt.
3.  Nutt.
2.  Nutt.
1.  Nutt.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

tbhogfan

"I didn't think McCurdy would be in that situation to shoot the foul shots."   
McCurdy is a fine player, but if I were Brady, I would foul the true freshman who has seen limited minutes in conference play.   That is pretty basic.
Go Hogs!

returntoglory

ok if we are passing blame out. hill great defensive player, but cant score or rebound to save his life. he's freakin over seven feet tall. brewer, takes selfish shots. misses fifteen feet jumpers, and cannot create a good shot for himself.  townes, great as a freshmen, has shown hardly anything this year, dontel, not a great offensive player, solid on d though, modica the true definition of inconsistant. all of these players and some others are at fault for these losses. heath is at fault for not adequately firing these guys up. the problem is we dont have a winner on the team. the whole bunch are heartless players. each one of them has great talent though. we have scorers, defenders, rebounders, but no leadership. until brewer or modica steps up and yells in some guys face because they arent doing their job, this team will be merelyl mediocre.

nobballconcept

i have to agree with real smart guy on all points in this thread.......

dontell sucks!!!!!!!!!!  he picks his dribble up four feet exactly north of 3 line of the exact middle of the floor so that there is no passing lane or angles to move the ball.  anyone that has played ball before knows to lean toward one side to get the defense to shift and open up passing lanes.  if you move to the right, defense shifts and lanes open up.  if you stand in the middle of the floor 23 feet from the basket and hold the ball, the defense gets to cover the entire floor...........dontelll sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!