Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love Shack Thread

Started by Ugly Uncle, February 09, 2006, 08:02:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Okay, I am a darksider and this may be a dumb idea...but stay with me for a sec.

Since so many people claim that we darksiders are so negative, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread that is solely positive.  We have a random thoughts thread, so why not have a thread that is just random positive comments concerning players and recruits.  No, love letters to players, and no mention of coaches(that would only lead to fights) and no "McCurdy is better than________" comments.  But instead just something we like, admire, respect etc. about a certain player or recruit.

I think it would be good for some karma...and I don't mean the karma we keep count of under our names...but just as fans and for our team.

This isn't just for darksiders.  This thread is for all who just want to spend a few minutes pointing out the good in our players and/or recruits rather than just complaining about the condition of our situation.  Again, this may be a dumb idea...but I am willing/wanting to give it a try.

Feel free to add good things about other posters, media personnel, and former players.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Of the recruits that were signed this year in football, I was very impressed with the kinds of players we got.  I have listened to and even talked to some of the guys.  It seems that everyone of them are not just good athletes, but good people.  They are well spoken, respectful, and intelligent.  I was really proud that we have good young men coming in and think they will be great representatives for our University and team for years to come.
Retired Radio Host

LA HAWG

Stan Heath has a great Mustache.  That's all I got.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 09, 2006, 08:05:51 am

Yeah, I was wanting to avoid anything about coaches to keep from getting in a debate/fight on this thread.  But, yeah, this is harder than it seems...but we can do it...we can be positive just for a moment.
Retired Radio Host

hogfan064

Some good thoughts

1. I love the Slobbering Hog on the BWA court
2. Ronnie Brewer's headband helps me find him quickly on the court
3. Heath has the same hairstyle as me
4. Hill's look reminds me of Matt Jones
5. Jonathan Modica gives tons of publicity to Smackover, Arkansas

CiriusPorker

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 08:07:51 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on February 09, 2006, 08:05:51 am

Yeah, I was wanting to avoid anything about coaches to keep from getting in a debate/fight on this thread.  But, yeah, this is harder than it seems...but we can do it...we can be positive just for a moment.

ugly...do you ever sleep?

holman24

I'm also a darksider but mainly for Bball now as far as baseball I'm on board 100% i think this could be a great year and the team looks to be ready to win the west and I'm also on board for the new football season I will support the new offense and hope the team will respond will a more open style of play. Now Basketball has improved alot and they seem to be trying a lot harder than last year and our luck will change if they keep the faith.

CiriusPorker

ok, for some lovin..

mccurdy has got some range - mr. potential.
brewer is usually clutch -
modica - the real leader of the team.
steven hill - mr. potential x2

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Ugly Uncle

Thomas really is a man-imal.  That guy plays all out all the time.  I love his intensity and desire.
Retired Radio Host

DukeOfPork

Damian Williams is all class.

I am elated that he will be displaying his talents at RRS and that he will be representing the UA with his classy demeanor and academic achievements.

Just think, he and Monk will be leading our wide receiving corps.  I can't think of two classier, top notch athletes that you could have in that role.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PorkPariah on February 09, 2006, 08:35:53 am
Damian Williams is all class.

I am elated that he will be displaying his talents at RRS and that he will be representing the UA with his classy demeanor and academic achievements.

Just think, he and Monk will be leading our wide receiving corps.  I can't think of two classier, top notch athletes that you could have in that role.

Damian IS  a good man and a good student.  Did anyone else notice that Monk (was one of many athletes) to receive an award for his academic achievements at the home basketball game the other night.

Not only do we have two great athletic receivers starting for us next year, but two good students and men.  Proud of both of them.
Retired Radio Host

TennesseeRaz