Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone who thought this team had a chance w/...

Started by realtorhog, February 09, 2006, 07:42:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

realtorhog

5 minutes left in the game is lying.  The hogs & Stan showed us how much heart they have and they didn't quit on that game.  If they didn't bring you to the edge of your seat for the last couple of minutes, something is wrong with you.  I was thoroughly impressed with their toughness.

geoffhog

Yes, they showed heart and yes, I was brought to the edge of my seat...and yes, I was let down again.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

LA HAWG

hogfan064

I cut my computer off with 4 minutes to play. I was mad at the team and my computer.  We were down by about 14.  I knew we would lose and we did.  I live out of state so until this morning I had no idea we had a chance to win it at the end.  I feel sick to my stomach right now. 

geoffhog

Ever since my dad left to go hunting with 6:00 left in the "02 LSU football game, I've vowed to stay 'till the end no matter how bad it hurts...and sometimes it really hurts.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Hoggy Potter

Quote from: geoffhog on February 09, 2006, 08:03:59 am
Ever since my dad left to go hunting with 6:00 left in the "02 LSU football game, I've vowed to stay 'till the end no matter how bad it hurts...and sometimes it really hurts.

HA...I knew several people who also left that game.  They made it back to the house to see the celebration.  I will NEVER let them forget it either.  I to will stay to the bitter end, no matter how much it hurts.
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

BentonHog

I did continue to watch the game even when the hogs were down and that huge alley opp dunk that got all of the LSU fans going crazy, I found myself being proud of the hogs as they still fought back, turned up the defense and got themselves in a position to win the game at the end.  They played hard and never gave up.  They still lost, yes and that stinks, but lastnight, I was actually feeling bad for them. I felt sorry for McCurdy for having to be in that situation. I only hope it makes him better for the future.  I felt sorry for "Pookie".  Being a senior and his last shot, I thought he played his heart out.  For the first time in a long time, I hurt with the team and was not disgusted with them.
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

realtorhog

Quote from: BentonHog on February 09, 2006, 08:10:23 am
I did continue to watch the game even when the hogs were down and that huge alley opp dunk that got all of the LSU fans going crazy, I found myself being proud of the hogs as they still fought back, turned up the defense and got themselves in a position to win the game at the end.  They played hard and never gave up.  They still lost, yes and that stinks, but lastnight, I was actually feeling bad for them. I felt sorry for McCurdy for having to be in that situation. I only hope it makes him better for the future.  I felt sorry for "Pookie".  Being a senior and his last shot, I thought he played his heart out.  For the first time in a long time, I hurt with the team and was not disgusted with them.

well said

realtorhog

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 09, 2006, 07:52:47 am
WE STILL LOST!!!

how can you be so bitter when you know they gave their all to the final buzzer

Cheapseats

They played their best game of the season.  Never gave up.  Never quit.  Played with heart and emotion.  I loved em.  Hate that they lost but by God I'm proud of the way they played.

realtorhog

Quote from: Cheapseats on February 09, 2006, 08:21:58 am
They played their best game of the season.  Never gave up.  Never quit.  Played with heart and emotion.  I loved em.  Hate that they lost but by God I'm proud of the way they played.
right on