Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still a loss but better than it used to be

Started by Coachjy, February 09, 2006, 12:24:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachjy

A few years ago we were not in any of these close games we have lost lately. We were getting blown out, especially on the road. Yes, it's still a loss, but this team has gotten better every year under Heath. Like it or not it's true. Yes I want the Hogs back in the fight for a conference championship and going deep into the NCAA. We have the facilities and players to do so. And no don't blast me for this but I don't think some people realize what a piss poor shape Nolan left this program in. He didn't leave enough talent when he left to even fill a descent team that could compete in the Hyper building league. It has taken longer than we all would have liked, myself included, but they are real close to being really good.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Coachjy on February 09, 2006, 12:24:16 am
A few years ago we were not in any of these close games we have lost lately. We were getting blown out, especially on the road. Yes, it's still a loss, but this team has gotten better every year under Heath. Like it or not it's true. Yes I want the Hogs back in the fight for a conference championship and going deep into the NCAA. We have the facilities and players to do so. And no don't blast me for this but I don't think some people realize what a piss poor shape Nolan left this program in. He didn't leave enough talent when he left to even fill a descent team that could compete in the Hyper building league. It has taken longer than we all would have liked, myself included, but they are real close to being really good.

Hi, Coach Heath. I'm surprised you are posting this soon after a game on the road.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

WindyCityHog

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: WindyCityHog on February 09, 2006, 12:33:25 am
Moral victories....

Overrated.

Is a moral victory like, when you let a girl win so YOU can score?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

JustoHogFan

>:(  Coach Heath not only should they ban u from this board but they should also ban U from basketball............ :puke: HEATH

LA HAWG

Oh so now we are supposed to feel good about not getting beat as bad.  Come on Hog fans, where is the fire.  Don't you remember that we won the title in 94 and went to the CG in 95.  Come on, don't settle for this crap.  By the way blaming this on Nolan is like blaming the countries problems right now on Bill Clinton.  At first it may have been a valid arguement but we are too far beyond that now to blame this on Nolan. 

Biggus Piggus

About the time they actually win one that impresses, Brewer and Modica will be gone, our big men will all be juniors, and our guards will all be freshmen.  It really does matter if they progress as swiftly as they ought to.  Coaching really does matter, and fitting strategy and tactics to the available talent does matter.
[CENSORED]!

Hogs4Ever

I'm moral vicotoried out.  WIN or get the axe!

taintlint

I bet that Nolan could take his final team, the one that "couldn't compete in the hyper building" and spank the holy living darn out of this squad.

LA HAWG

Quote from: taintlint on February 09, 2006, 09:33:51 am

I bet that Nolan could take his final team, the one that "couldn't compete in the hyper building" and spank the holy living Shiite out of this squad.

Amen brother.

hogfan064

A few years ago we were National Champs and one of the nation's top programs.  Now we're another Georgia.

HoopS

University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
Fayetteville, AR
1 Moral Victory Lane

snort

I'm sick of hearing the young crap.  LSU has one senior and one Junior.  Therefore I believe teams should be able to "rebuild" within a couple of years with a good coach.  This is SH's fourth.  I know he's a nice guy and clean cut, but so am I and if I don't perform at work I get fired.  Uh, oh hear comes the boss....

Cresthog

It wasnt that long ago when Arkansas was a basketball power and WE ACTAULLY WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Now we are glad that we lost by 1point instead of 30...

This is sad...what the hell have we become?

HoopS

an SEC doormat.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ole Miss works us over this weekend.

I have not been a "darksider", im awfully close at this point.

hogfan064

Quote from: hoophogs on February 09, 2006, 09:44:59 am
an SEC doormat.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ole Miss works us over this weekend.

I have not been a "darksider", im awfully close at this point.

If Ole Miss works us over this weekend we got tons of problems since we play Auburn.  Auburn and Ole Miss in Fayetteville at the same time, I don't think the city could hold that much stuff

HoopS

haha... jumping the gun.   

You will have to forgive me Hogfan, my head is still spinning from that game last night.  Im still dazed and confused.

hogfan064

Quote from: hoophogs on February 09, 2006, 09:58:52 am
haha... jumping the gun.  

You will have to forgive me Hogfan, my head is still spinning from that game last night.  Im still dazed and confused.

I know what you meant.  Just thought I'd throw in an Auburn/Ole Miss insult.  We can never get enough of that.

HogDodging

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 09, 2006, 09:38:38 am

A few years ago we were National Champs and one of the nation's top programs.  Now we're another Georgia.

What has Georgia done to you? :)
At this point, we're not even that good.

hogfan064

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 09, 2006, 10:04:52 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 09, 2006, 09:38:38 am

What has Georgia done to you? :)
At this point, we're not even that good.

You're right.  In year 2 Dennis Felton is doing a better job than Heath is in year 4