Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STILL LIKES MCCURDY

Started by Table Rocker, February 08, 2006, 10:44:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Table Rocker

I think he has the potential to be a good player for our program, of course the fairweather bandwagon fans who complain all the time will forever write him off because of missing free throws, its a shame, but those people love to hear themselves b!tch, so enjoy it! just whenever he emerges and becomes a descent player in the future please don't praise him.

CiriusPorker

obviously...i still like him...it wasn't his fault...

he's young, he screwed up..as long as he gets those out of his system now.

mountainhog

people say that its not fair for us to say bad things about dontell and not say them about sean,  but all  i can say is Senior vs. freshman,, you expect some from freshman and not bonehead plays by a senior.  that goes for ferguson too.

Table Rocker

porker i gotta say i love your ralph picture. my favorite ralph quote: "ms. krabopple, my worm jumped into my mouth and I accidentally ate him, can I have another one?"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 08, 2006, 11:36:55 pm
People aren't that aggravated with McCurdy.  It's more like You want Sean, you got him.

I don't think this is not accurate.  I would like to see him actually get a chance to run the offense, not thrown into THAT situation COLD off the bench.  But yes, he still should have hit at least one.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Table Rocker

I "want" him to eventually become a good player for the Hogs while he's here, and I think he will be. I'm not writing off the kid for good after tonite's game, that's all I'm saying.

mountainhog

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 08, 2006, 11:36:55 pm
People aren't that aggravated with McCurdy.  It's more like You want Sean, you got him.
We want to see him for more than 1 or 2 min.!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 08, 2006, 11:49:46 pm
I guarantee everyone of you would have been on here crowing about how big of an idiot Heath was for not playing him and did u see McCurdy make those free throws.  He'd now be shooting 88% from the free throw line.  You'd be trashing Jefferson till the season is over.

Face it ya'll were gonna gripe about Heath no matter what.  To some folks those two free throws go in and he's a genius.  To others, McCurdy misses and his head is on the chopping block.

This is bigtime basketball.  McCurdy should have at least hit the second.  But I'm not down on him.  He is a freshman in a hostile environment.  I hope he keeps his head up.  As for me, I'll be there on Saturday rooting them.  I hope another 19,000 join me.  Go Hogs.

Good post Conway.  Since I live in Dallas, I will be rooting from my living room on Sat.  I will be there in person for the FL game though.  I really feel for those players and a little for Stan.  GO HOGS.  Just please give McCurdy some more real PT.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

lunchbox72703

guys, i like sean, and he will be a da*m good player.......I was more frustrated with the man-love shown on this board for a true freshmen.  The fact of the matter is, he needs only a few minutes a game to become better, and not to have the program rest on his shoulders as some would proclaim on here.  The program rested on his shoulders tonight, and he crumbled, and Yes, that was Heath's fault for doing so.  Let Sean be young, be a freshman.  Let him ease into the offense, not be the only guy to run it.  Arkansas doesn't have a true point guard yet capable of running the offense. Next year, maybe.  Not this year though.

Gman

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 08, 2006, 11:49:46 pm
I guarantee everyone of you would have been on here crowing about how big of an idiot Heath was for not playing him and did u see McCurdy make those free throws.  He'd now be shooting 88% from the free throw line.  You'd be trashing Jefferson till the season is over.

Face it ya'll were gonna gripe about Heath no matter what.  To some folks those two free throws go in and he's a genius.  To others, McCurdy misses and his head is on the chopping block.

This is bigtime basketball.  McCurdy should have at least hit the second.  But I'm not down on him.  He is a freshman in a hostile environment.  I hope he keeps his head up.  As for me, I'll be there on Saturday rooting them.  I hope another 19,000 join me.  Go Hogs.

As for myself I have not said a word on this board about this basketball team.  But putting a freshman in, that u don't think is good enough to play, cold off the bench in a pressure cooker situation was just plain stupid.  Again there was only one way that Arkansas could lose that game with only 20sec left and against all odds they found a way.  Why not return the favor and foul LSU on the inbounds, no chance for a 3 and u still have time on the clock.  I just don't understand.

uagradmom

Good posts Lunchbox and Gman.  Sean is a true freshman who didn't even play his senior year of high school due to an injury.  I don't think any Hog fans are saying he should be playing 40 minutes a game.  What we're confused about is how he's been played this year.....there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when he's put it the game or for how long.  Like last night in the first half he had two good assists and even the radio broadcasters were commenting on his ability to "quarterback" the game and then poof....he's out.  Only to be put in "cold" to make at least one free throw.   How many seniors could even do that....and Heath was expecting a true freshman to do it?  It will be interesting to see Heaths reaction in the next few games and how much playing time Sean will get.  I'm really having trouble understanding Heaths tactics.  Are any of  you?  Sean was a big recruit, otherwise they wouldn't have gone after him in his junior year of high school.....and then he sits the bench.  What will Hogs fans do if Nutt does the same with Mustain, another Big recruit?