Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Townes and Heath

Started by LRCentralTiger, February 08, 2006, 09:45:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCentralTiger

Does anyone feel by watching the game everythng is not ok between Heath and Townes.  Twice when Townes came out of the game it seemed like he was avoiding Heath and Heath was ignoring him.  No eye contact at all or words.  The body and facial expression of Townes seemed to say it all but I am only looking at the TV screen.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

dukefan

I think he is a big selfish baby!

hogfan33

It definately appeared that way to me. Heath and Townes have had words all season, and they are finally coming to a boiling point. If those two cannot coincide better than this team cannot win.

hogfan160

Townes is a jerk, and he hates Stan. The only reason he did not transfer this summer is because his high school coach was hired in some capacity by the athletic department.

Broken Trigger

Yeah, i am sensing a transfer during this offseason by Townes.  We'll lose 3 of our best players if that happens, and if Brewer goes pro.

hogfan33

I dont see Townes transferring, he likes the U of A, and he likes the teams chances next year of being a great team.

CIA

Maybe the will exchange Valentines day cards in a few days.
Heaths to Townes...."Catch ya on the REBOUND"
Townes to Heath......"F___K You!"
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

Hog in MO

Townes is getting punked in the paint on a nightly basis.  If he doesn't develop a mean streak and learn how to rebound or play post defense then forget him, let him go.  I have no patience for soft players who don't like to play defense.  There's no excuse for the way LSU pounded us inside tonight - not with the frontline we have.  Thomas is the only complete player.  Hill has no O and Townes has no D.

_Collin1

Quote from: Hog in MO on February 09, 2006, 12:00:03 am
Townes is getting punked in the paint on a nightly basis.  If he doesn't develop a mean streak and learn how to rebound or play post defense then forget him, let him go.  I have no patience for soft players who don't like to play defense.  There's no excuse for the way LSU pounded us inside tonight - not with the frontline we have.  Thomas is the only complete player.  Hill has no O and Townes has no D.

Im going to pop in a tape of Derek Hood and party likes its 1999......
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on February 08, 2006, 09:45:25 pm
Does anyone feel by watching the game everythng is not ok between Heath and Townes.  Twice when Townes came out of the game it seemed like he was avoiding Heath and Heath was ignoring him.  No eye contact at all or words.  The body and facial expression of Townes seemed to say it all but I am only looking at the TV screen.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I used to sit behind the bench (and by that I mean in the folding chairs where the big donors sit...you can sit there to if they are empty before game time) during the last couple of years of Nolan.  I noticed many times when players were pulled from the game that they went to the end of the bench and Nolan wouldn't even look at them...and they didn't WANT to make eye contact with Nolan.  However, I'm not sure that is the same thing going on with Heath and Townes.
Retired Radio Host

Foshodo

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 08, 2006, 11:55:19 pm
Townes is just immature.  This isn't a new problem.  He's been whining around for almost two years.  I hope Hipsher jerks a knot in him during the offseason.  He needs some serious work on the defensive end.  He also needs some strength in his hands.  He loses way too many rebounds that he has his hands on when he should be ripping the ball out of there.

Honestly whats an old white guy turd gonna rip into him with? Townes obviously doesnt respect the coaches... i dont know that his face just doesnt naturally look like its pouting... because there is no variation to it... he's either smiling... or he's pouting, and the only time hes smiling is after he hits a bucket.

If he's just an immature punk... no coaches or teammates are going to change that unless he starts to respect them...

arkbadger

Is immaturity an excuse for not getting better?  Townes has shown no improvement between last year and this year.  He shows no hustle on defense, gets pushed around on offense, and struggles on rebounds.  I mean, the guy is 6'10" and gets outrebounded nearly every game.  I don't know if this is immaturity or what it is, but something needs to change.
You can keep that skoal baby.