good luck

:-[

Boss Hogg

MCPeePants

tigerland

I know how it feels guys
I'm sorry
Its a heart breaker

Ark showed a lot of heart with a great come back.
I don't understand why everyone here talk trash about the team. Your ranked 3rd in the SEC west. Good team with a lot of talent.

Josef

we talk trash becasue we have lost 5 sec games by a total of 13 points and our coaches sec road record is 3-29 or something. We are tired of mediocracy and our coach.

Hogs4Ever

February 08, 2006, 09:43:23 pm #5 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:27:19 pm by PBD
LSUFan, this one's for you:

tigerland

I'll take heath over brady anytime
Brady SUCKS

Josef

Boss Hogg

Quote from: tigerland on February 08, 2006, 09:38:27 pm
I know how it feels guys
I'm sorry
Its a heart breaker

Ark showed a lot of heart with a great come back.
I don't understand why everyone here talk trash about the team. Your ranked 3rd in the SEC west. Good team with a lot of talent.

They're getting trashed b/c the SEC sucks this year...our talent matches up with or is better than 95% of the rest of the league...we should be kickin ass and takin names.

NOW GO AWAY!

Adam Stokes

Haha, like the pic Hogs4ever

taintlint

Does Stan have any horses?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: tigerland on February 08, 2006, 09:38:27 pm
I know how it feels guys
I'm sorry
Its a heart breaker

I don't think you understand how it feels.  We have lost 5 games this season alone JUST LIKE this one.  Along with countless others in years past.  It's been 10 years since we had a decent bball team.  Couple that with two horrible years in football and no, respectfully, you don't know what it feels like.

TennesseeRaz

Thanks, Tigerland.  You're showing far more class than most of the posters who've responded to you.

Boared

Boared

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 08, 2006, 10:16:05 pm
Thanks, Tigerland.  You're showing far more class than most of the posters who've responded to you.

Seriously, a fan from another SEC school comes on here and is respectful and you guys act like a bunch of jackasses. Way to go.

ENHOG

I wouldn't want Brady in place of Heath ever!
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

mountainhog

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on February 08, 2006, 10:19:01 pm
Quote from: TennesseeRaz on February 08, 2006, 10:16:05 pm

Seriously, a fan from another SEC school comes on here and is respectful and you guys act like a bunch of jackasses. Way to go.
I agree , he wasnt on here to rub it in and as long as he is offering condolences and not giving us shiite, then show some class.

taintlint

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on February 08, 2006, 10:17:31 pm
Quote from: taintlint on February 08, 2006, 09:46:14 pm

Dunno, but you have no class.

Well, thank you. I guess I'll just have to put him on my Spam forwarding list then.

Hawg414

im not so sure tiger was as sincere as some of you are seeing on the surface.  note that his 2nd post did imply we should be proud to be 3rd in the WEST with such a talented team. 

the day im proud to be 3rd in the west is the day i dont even tune into games anymore. 

Broken Trigger

Quote from: tigerland on February 08, 2006, 09:27:56 pm
We played sloppy and u deserve to win
good luck

:-[

Yeah, that is a tough one for us to swallow, Tigerland.  Thanks for your kind words though, it's a great show of class.

HatfieldHog

Once again, our beloved Hogs find a way to snatch Defeat
from the jaws of Victory!

Glorious, isn't it!          See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

dhornjr1

tigerland

Quote from: ENHOG on February 08, 2006, 10:21:43 pm

Brady is really a horrible coach
This year would have been his last
i guess now it not gonna happen for at least 5 or ten more seasons.

tigerland

Quote from: Hawg414 on February 08, 2006, 10:25:14 pm
im not so sure tiger was as sincere as some of you are seeing on the surface.  note that his 2nd post did imply we should be proud to be 3rd in the WEST with such a talented team. 

the day im proud to be 3rd in the west is the day i dont even tune into games anymore. 

I didn't mean that dude.
From what i've been seeing on this board, trashing the coaches, even worse the PLAYERS. i was just surprised, and it actually seems like ARK is dead last in the SEC and this is not the case.

94 Hawg

thanks tigerland, LSU /ARK has turned into a great bb rivalry. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot, one of these days the hogs are going to learn how to put one away.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Hawg414

Quote from: tigerland on February 08, 2006, 10:48:15 pm
Quote from: Hawg414 on February 08, 2006, 10:25:14 pm

I didn't mean that dude.
From what i've been seeing on this board, trashing the coaches, even worse the PLAYERS. i was just surprised, and it actually seems like ARK is dead last in the SEC and this is not the case.

if so, then fair enough... and my apologies to you. 
maybe its just the thought of being 3rd in the west is what sickens me.  and to most of us... yes, 3rd in the west is eerily similar to last.  bout as much excitement either way

Hog in MO

Quote from: tigerland on February 08, 2006, 09:44:26 pm
I'll take heath over brady anytime
Brady SUCKS

I'll take that trade today - and throw in Dontell Jefferson and Darian Townes to boot.  and I HATE Brady. 

Hog in MO

Quote from: ENHOG on February 08, 2006, 10:21:43 pm

What's Brady's record against Heath?  6-2.  Sure about that?

tigerland

[

What's Brady's record against Heath?  6-2.  Sure about that?
[/quote]

Why did ferguson (spelling) get fired?

tigerland

ARk is only 1 game behind bamers. Still a very good shot to make it to the tournement.

Doug

Y'all need to behave and be nice to tigerland, they've shown nothing but respect for us, and I do appreciate it.

We lost, but put up a good fight.  I know you're pissed, but don't take it out on someone that doesn't deserve it, simply because they're a fan of our opponents.

Now knock it off and show some TRUE Arkansas class and style.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on February 08, 2006, 10:17:31 pm
Quote from: taintlint on February 08, 2006, 09:46:14 pm

Dunno, but you have no class.

I agree, STILL not funny and this wasn't even original.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Pioneer Fan

I guess I am in the minority here, but I think this loss will make this team better. Doesn't a loss like this have to make these guys grit their teeth and teach them a lesson?

I believe Arkansas is the better team, hell I believe Arkansas is the best team that I have seen play in the SEC this year. Granted, that is not saying much, but when we find a way to start winning these games instead of losing them the rest of the SEC is in trouble. We have lost double digit leads in almost every game but now we come back from 14 down on the road. I think that shows they may have found the fire that this team has been lacking.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

Hawg414

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on February 09, 2006, 12:15:00 am
I guess I am in the minority here, but I think this loss will make this team better. Doesn't a loss like this have to make these guys grit their teeth and teach them a lesson?

I believe Arkansas is the better team, hell I believe Arkansas is the best team that I have seen play in the SEC this year. Granted, that is not saying much, but when we find a way to start winning these games instead of losing them the rest of the SEC is in trouble. We have lost double digit leads in almost every game but now we come back from 14 down on the road. I think that shows they may have found the fire that this team has been lacking.

alabama was supposed to make us better.
kentucky was supposed to make us better.
now if this game makes us better, i dont know how much better we can get.

should the NCAA just mail us the trophy now?

Quote from: Hawg414 on February 09, 2006, 12:27:58 am

LMAO.  Great post.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Pioneer Fan

Uhhhhhhhhh.............let's see. We lost big leads to Kentucky and Alabama and fans like you screamed that there was no fire. We play a team that is leading our division and make a huge comeback in the final 4 minutes while showing flashes of defensive dominance late in the game. Then we lose due to missed freethrows from the hogville.net-appointed savior himself.

Pardon me if I see a difference between these games.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on February 09, 2006, 12:57:40 am

Uhhhhhhhhh.............let's see. We lost big leads to Kentucky and Alabama and fans like you screamed that there was no fire. We play a team that is leading our division and make a huge comeback in the final 4 minutes while showing flashes of defensive dominance late in the game. Then we lose due to missed freethrows from the hogville.net-appointed savior himself.

Pardon me if I see a difference between these games.

So, tell me...what is the difference?  Does this make it less of an L on our schedule...will it be recorded as an:

l
rather than an
L

Both are still "L"  A loss is a loss.  I can never be happy or optimistic over a "L" or an "l"
Retired Radio Host

Pioneer Fan

My thoughts was that it would effect the player's mindsets in a positive way. Instead of losing a large lead, they actually proved they could come back on the road from a large deficit, late in the game.

I do appreciate the smartass "l" and "L" thing..............that was cute.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on February 09, 2006, 01:06:42 am
My thoughts was that it would effect the player's mindsets in a positive way. Instead of losing a large lead, they actually proved they could come back on the road from a large deficit, late in the game.

Don't hate me because I am cute!
Retired Radio Host

Pioneer Fan

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 01:07:56 am

It must be the glasses!!!

Unfortunately, they have also proven they can blow a large lead, late in the game.
The result is still the same:  A loss.  You really sound like The Nutt with that kind of logic.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on February 09, 2006, 01:08:56 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 01:07:56 am

It must be the glasses!!!

+Karma...it won't help your eye sight...but...I still like your style.
Retired Radio Host

Pioneer Fan

Notshavin, all I want to know is when you are going to quit asking Heath to play a white boy who can't hit freethrows? Don't reply with the 83% crap either, unless you want to include a stat with freethrow attempts in your reply. I honestly believe you and I would be posting glorious things about a breakthrough victory right now if anyone else (Hill excluded) would have taken those freethrows.

Lando Calrissian

Didn't we all think the same thing after Miss State, Alabama, LSU (at Bud Walton), Kentucky, and LSU (once again)?

I'm sick of this moral victory crap.  I was sick of it well before this loss.  The almost had me thinking that they really did turn that corner tonight.

The season went to the crapper after a close (yet disupted) loss at LSU last season.

Thank God, for the Basketball team's sake, the baseball season starts on Friday.

Just like with Damian committing, the start of the baseball season will relieve A LOT of that tension.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on February 09, 2006, 01:14:05 am
Notshavin, all I want to know is when you are going to quit asking Heath to play a white boy who can't hit freethrows? Don't reply with the 83% crap either, unless you want to include a stat with freethrow attempts in your reply. I honestly believe you and I would be posting glorious things about a breakthrough victory right now if anyone else (Hill excluded) would have taken those freethrows.

You can't be serious.

McCurdy missed some free throws...should have hit them...however, he is the only true pg we have.  If you think that Jefferson or Ferguson could run the point better...well, that is just laughable.  If McCurdy would have played the minutes that he should have played I have no doubt he would have drained both those shots. 
Retired Radio Host

This post is so...so...I have no words to describe it.

I am asking Heath to play him because he, IMO, is the only PG we have that has shown he can QB the offense.  He should have hit at least one, I agree.  But he was thrown into a bad situation, COLD.  I would still feel like he should play more and that our team SUCKS even if we had won.

Pioneer Fan

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 09, 2006, 01:17:56 am

You can't be serious.

McCurdy missed some free throws...should have hit them...however, he is the only true pg we have.  If you think that Jefferson or Ferguson could run the point better...well, that is just laughable.  If McCurdy would have played the minutes that he should have played I have no doubt he would have drained both those shots. 

I wasn't really serious. I hate to see Jefferson play as much as I hate seeing Hunter play. I can't wait until he graduates. I do believe that another player would have a better chance at making the freethrows, but only someone who was in the flow of the game.

Lando Calrissian

The entire situation is totally indicative of how the entire season (conference) has gone for this team.

You can't put all the blame on McCurdy, but while admit it might be tough to hit one of those in a pressure situation, I know guys that can sit at work all morning, come in cold and hit a clutch free throw that lets them get into a lunchtime pickup game. 

My point?  A free throw is a free throw, whether it's at  Maravich Yard (or whatever that place is called) or the Springdale freakin' Youth Center.

The people who question Stan's decision to put McCurdy into that situation are perfectly right.

The people who think McCurdy totally choked are perfectly right.

The people who think Arkansas should've had it locked up well before it was put upon a freshman's shoulders are perfectly right.

Like I said, this is totally indicative of the entire season thus far.

They're good, but NEVER good enough.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Pioneer Fan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on February 09, 2006, 01:25:37 am
The entire situation is totally indicative of how the entire season (conference) has gone for this team.

You can't put all the blame on McCurdy, but while admit it might be tough to hit one of those in a pressure situation, I know guys that can sit at work all morning, come in cold and hit a clutch free throw that lets them get into a lunchtime pickup game. 

My point?  A free throw is a free throw, whether it's at  Maravich Yard (or whatever that place is called) or the Springdale freakin' Youth Center.

The people who question Stan's decision to put McCurdy into that situation are perfectly right.

The people who think McCurdy totally choked are perfectly right.

The people who think Arkansas should've had it locked up well before it was put upon a freshman's shoulders are perfectly right.

Like I said, this is totally indicative of the entire season thus far.

They're good, but NEVER good enough.

I agree with all of this except that it is tough for any team to "lock up" an SEC road game at LSU until the final buzzer. Any rebounding or defense in the first half would have been nice, but I still think the team showed character by coming back from a large deficit on the road............missed freethrows always seem to haunt us.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Pioneer Fanbut I still think the team showed character by coming back from a large deficit on the road

Well, I definetely agree with that.

After that guy dunked that alley-oop pass with his armpit I thought we were finished. 

It was almost the inverse of every game we've seen thus far:  Instead of playing great for the first 35 mins and giving it away, they played extremely average until the last 5, then decided to play a little defense.

As a whole though, it's still indicative of the entire season. 

Every team goes through its ups and downs, but when this team goes through its downs, it's REALLY down. 

Charging back in the last 5 minutes after geting outplayed all game (yet managing to keep it semi-close) & having a chance to put it away with 25 seconds left, only to have them come down and hit a three to win it?

You couldn't have scripted it any worse for the Hogs, yet that's what always seems to happen.