Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on LSU game

Started by TuckFexas, February 08, 2006, 09:27:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuckFexas

For almost the entire game I found myself cursing, throwing stuff at the tv. With 6 minutes to play, the game seemed definitely over. I laid my daughter in her crib. Sat back down to drive the dagger a little deeper. Wow, are we ever going to beat a good team? Then we started making the comeback.

Alas, we tied the score. My dad called me and asked if I had turned the game off. No. My dad was excited. I was guarded and still pessimistic. I told him I thought we'd find a way to lose. Then we take the lead. Brewer tied it up with fat ass Glen Davis. Holy crap, we might win this one! McCurdy comes in and gets fouled. Hell yeah, he can shoot. Brick. Brick. Uh oh. With eleven seconds left, we give up a 3 pointer. Holding on to a glimmer of hope, I watched intently, fists clenched, my dad still on the phone. 4, 3, brick, 1......game. My dad, "Lost again." My reply, "bye dad."

My wife comes in and sits by me on the couch. I'm speechless. Can't figure out what I want to do. Go to bed? I can't sleep yet,  not after that. Throw something else at the tv? What's the point? I have to vent somehow, but not to my wife. She doesn't give a damn about sports, much less the Razorbacks. She doesn't understand how I feel. "It's just a game."

What do we do as Hog fans now? Throw in the towel on the rest of the season? Just quit giving a damn? Should we be pissed off the rest of the year and keep screaming "Fire Heath!?" Should we be proud of the way the players didn't give up and showed heart, finally? Should we pray for Friday to come quickly so we can see a Hogs team that wins?

I don't know what to do. I'm lost as a fan of the basketball program. I badly want to cheer for them and see them succeed. I want to have a conversation with my dad about how good we are and talk about what a good win we pulled out. I almost feel bad for Heath. This could have been a major turning point in the program.

How is this team going to react now? They have had a shot to win every ball game they've played. Did you notice Thomas after the game. That guy was emotionally drained. Heath tried to pull him up and he (Thomas) didn't even want to get up. It's not like these kids like losing. They are playing hard this year, it just seems we're not getting any breaks. I guess while typing this I've realized I'm going to cheer for these guys. I realize we're a long shot to make the NCAA tourney. And I won't be satisfied with an NIT bid. That's the nature of sports though. Somebody has to lose. I'm just wish it wasn't my beloved Razorbacks. I hope they have learned from this game and I hope they turn it into a positive. With all the emotions I have left right now.....WPS...... :razorback:
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

pioneerbasketball

razorbackfan4life

I couldn't agree with you more Tuck.  I feel the same way.  It just blows my mind how we can achieve so much in a game to have it all slip away at the end of every game.  If you honestly think about it, we shouldn't of had a chance to win the game the way we were outhustled, outrebounded, and out shot.  We lost because of little things like that.  Oh how I miss the great Razorback basketball teams, if we dont finish out the season strong and make it to the tourney there needs to be a change because our bball squad is getting out of hand. 

Brutalis

i dont know.

i think we as fans need to accept that our school is a losing school now. we have been in the transition of calling people out, name calling, freaking out... it needs to stop. we need to act like baylor and get used to this darn one way or another.

until we find a new coach
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

Inigo Montoya

next year is going to be an even longer year.

TulsaHogFan

LRCentralTiger

It looked like LSU had more to do with Arkansas comeback than the Hogs did.  The Tigers thought it was over and began to make stupid mistakes and could not buy a basket.  The huge dunk was an exclamation by LSU but like the announcers said it was not the period.  Still too much time left and the Tigers failed miserably to complete the game.  Sound familiar.  LSU won but I bet they get one chewing from Brady over that game.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

It was impressive that they made a run after being decisively overmatched for much of the game.

That's what good teams are supposed to do.  Having a kid at the line who's hardly played, with the game on the line, he just was not ready for that situation.  Can't get ready without preparation.

We're never ready.  But gosh, they are creeping toward respectability.
[CENSORED]!

clemensrules01

Razorback0918

Well i couldnt agree more with u guys. I cant believe we let this one slip away from us. But, just do what i do and find somethin else to get ur mind off the game. Im watchin Chris Angel Mindfreak. This s*** is freakin crazy.

hogfancb

I put this one down has a loss but to be so close is what HURTS so bad.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: TuckFexas on February 08, 2006, 09:27:26 pm
For almost the entire game I found myself cursing, throwing stuff at the tv. With 6 minutes to play, the game seemed definitely over. I laid my daughter in her crib. Sat back down to drive the dagger a little deeper. Wow, are we ever going to beat a good team? Then we started making the comeback.

Alas, we tied the score. My dad called me and asked if I had turned the game off. No. My dad was excited. I was guarded and still pessimistic. I told him I thought we'd find a way to lose. Then we take the lead. Brewer tied it up with fat ass Glen Davis. Holy crap, we might win this one! McCurdy comes in and gets fouled. Hell yeah, he can shoot. Brick. Brick. Uh oh. With eleven seconds left, we give up a 3 pointer. Holding on to a glimmer of hope, I watched intently, fists clenched, my dad still on the phone. 4, 3, brick, 1......game. My dad, "Lost again." My reply, "bye dad."

My wife comes in and sits by me on the couch. I'm speechless. Can't figure out what I want to do. Go to bed? I can't sleep yet,  not after that. Throw something else at the tv? What's the point? I have to vent somehow, but not to my wife. She doesn't give a damn about sports, much less the Razorbacks. She doesn't understand how I feel. "It's just a game."

What do we do as Hog fans now? Throw in the towel on the rest of the season? Just quit giving a damn? Should we be pissed off the rest of the year and keep screaming "Fire Heath!?" Should we be proud of the way the players didn't give up and showed heart, finally? Should we pray for Friday to come quickly so we can see a Hogs team that wins?

I don't know what to do. I'm lost as a fan of the basketball program. I badly want to cheer for them and see them succeed. I want to have a conversation with my dad about how good we are and talk about what a good win we pulled out. I almost feel bad for Heath. This could have been a major turning point in the program.

How is this team going to react now? They have had a shot to win every ball game they've played. Did you notice Thomas after the game. That guy was emotionally drained. Heath tried to pull him up and he (Thomas) didn't even want to get up. It's not like these kids like losing. They are playing hard this year, it just seems we're not getting any breaks. I guess while typing this I've realized I'm going to cheer for these guys. I realize we're a long shot to make the NCAA tourney. And I won't be satisfied with an NIT bid. That's the nature of sports though. Somebody has to lose. I'm just wish it wasn't my beloved Razorbacks. I hope they have learned from this game and I hope they turn it into a positive. With all the emotions I have left right now.....WPS...... :razorback:

Are you serious with this stuff? I'm guessing you're being funny...and it is a hilarious read.

On the off chance you are serious, I will advise you to have a drink and not be a Hog fan...they don't deserve to have fans! Haha.

Hook'em Hogs!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TXrazorback

Get yourself and your crappy avatar tf outta here
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

devildog

I quit watching or listening to this team after the Alabama loss at home. I'm a total fan and UA alum but it's been great not watching the Kentucky game or this one or any of them. I get to read y'alls posts after the game and wonder why you still watch.

TXrazorback

Quote from: devildog on February 08, 2006, 10:00:11 pm
I quit watching or listening to this team after the Alabama loss at home. I'm a total fan and UA alum but it's been great not watching the Kentucky game or this one or any of them. I get to read y'alls posts after the game and wonder why you still watch.

At least you are not a die hard Texass fan who pretends to be a hog fan and posts on a hog message board.  Karma for you!
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: devildog on February 08, 2006, 10:00:11 pm

I did this too...about 6 seasons ago, sucka.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

chiefsfan

John Brady is a horrible horrible horrible coach.   His team attempted 0 shots from the point at which they got the alley oop, till after we tied the game...

However he has the players to bail him out in a big spot.  We dont.

Is Brewer gonna ever make a clutch shot in the final 30 seconds?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mountainhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 08, 2006, 09:48:13 pm

Are you serious with this stuff? I'm guessing you're being funny...and it is a hilarious read.

On the off chance you are serious, I will advise you to have a drink and not be a Hog fan...they don't deserve to have fans! Haha.

Hook'em Hogs!
F U  , go to the texass board.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mountainhog on February 08, 2006, 10:34:16 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 08, 2006, 09:48:13 pm

Hook'em Hogs!
F U  , go to the texass board.

You're naughty.

Foots

Maybe the players are tanking the rest of the season to get rid of Heath. I don't know what is going on. I just wish we could win on the road.

JustoHogFan

Hmm you know, LSU almost gave us one back, but anyone who doesnt think Heath at least made one bad decision tonight is nuts. He should not have put Mcurdy in at the end of the game, I dont care if he can shoot, he has never even been in at the end of any game much less the most important game of the year under a pressure situation. If Heath woulda left him in during the middle of the game and let him hit a couple of shots and get some confidence instead of leaving in Ferguson and Jefferson, who turned it over and stunk it up all night......

Im sorry but someone has to take the blame and that someone is the head coach Stan Heath....... why would you want to keep him around? Do you want to feel this way next year too.....

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: JustoHogFan on February 09, 2006, 01:05:27 am
Hmm you know, LSU almost gave us one back, but anyone who doesnt think Heath at least made one bad decision tonight is nuts. He should not have put Mcurdy in at the end of the game, I dont care if he can shoot, he has never even been in at the end of any game much less the most important game of the year under a pressure situation. If Heath woulda left him in during the middle of the game and let him hit a couple of shots and get some confidence instead of leaving in Ferguson and Jefferson, who turned it over and stunk it up all night......

Im sorry but someone has to take the blame and that someone is the head coach Stan Heath....... why would you want to keep him around? Do you want to feel this way next year too.....

McCurdy should have been in the game.  He should have hit at least one of those fts.  He should have been in long enough to get into the flow.  We lost the game for many reasons.  Those fts and that decision was the most obvious reason, but not the biggest.  McCurdy needs more playing time.  Jefferson has to have more bench time.
Retired Radio Host

JusticeHawg

I just wonder what the "powers" that be think of this repetative type of play against good teams?   They have to be as frustrated as the rest of us fans are......got to be........if they aren't then they are not fans.   PERIOD

apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

jpsand

Was it just me or did we go on a 17-3 run at about the 7 min. mark.  Wasn't it because we picked up the pace and pressed and gave it all we had. We crashed the boards and fought for the ball and got back in the game.  Then enter the coach.  We are up by 2 with 25 sec. left with the ball we put in a cold freshman knowing a foul has to come.  The foul comes we miss both and we don't pressure the ball coming down the court like has been working the last 6 Min's. we drop back in a defense that they have killed for the whole game.  I must be missing something.  That is all coach.  Those kids do what they are coached to do and that includes playing hard and stepping it up.  They need inspiration.

JustoHogFan

Sorry I was just pissed after that horrible loss not only did it drain  the team but it also drained me...

So sorry if I offended anybody I just want the hogs to win too.....

WILL CLINTON

This game was gut wrenching.  When I started watching we were down 69-56 or something like that, I was watching on Yahoo, so I kept watching and flipping back and forth between here and there because my feed kept freezing.  I was feeling miserable after the game, but for the first time in a long time, I sat back and thought about the ending of the game.  This is what I came up with. 

1.  AT least Heath took responsibility for the loss, its been a long time since we heard that from one of our top 2 athletic programs. 
2.  That 3 was an AMAZING 3, from NBA distance.  It wasn't like he just wasn't guarded, he was way out behind the line. 
3.  I would have rather seen Dontell or Eric Ferguson be in in that situation, but if Brewer holds the ball and takes the foul, we are not even having this discussion. 
4.  This team and the coach, can not get it done.  I dont care what the changes are, or who leaves, but we need to make the hard decisions to get this school back to where it used to be.
5.  MODS--PLESE BAN HOGINMEMPHIS, HIS SCHTICK IS GETTING RIDICULOUS. (ok this one came to me this morning, but still)

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogsanity

THe absolute worst part of being a FAN is losses like that one. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE