Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow Andy Kennedy blowing up in the Post game

Started by checkraiser88, February 13, 2018, 10:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

BannerMountainMan

Yep you'd think Ole Miss could win at home since it's so hard to win on the road in college basketball
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawgfan4life

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 13, 2018, 10:41:04 pm
Threw all his players under the bus

He all but begged them on his knees to work hard.  They packed it in as soon as things started going against them late both halves.  Somewhat deserved.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 14, 2018, 06:59:07 am
He all but begged them on his knees to work hard.  They packed it in as soon as things started going against them late both halves.  Somewhat deserved.

Why annouce that he's leaving at the end of the season. He quit but want the players to keep fighting.

jjdlc

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2018, 07:03:17 am
Why annouce that he's leaving at the end of the season. He quit but want the players to keep fighting.

The_Iceman

We played a 11-15 team whose coach and players have all quit on the season, and we have fans wanting to throw a parade after the win. Laughable.

riccoar

I think I heard Ole Miss kinda let him know and he then decided it was in Ole Miss best interest to let folks know immediately to keep the fan base from fracturing.  Class move in my opine.

elksnort

He did not quit. He was coaching hard. He announced his resignation effective at the end of the season.

razorpimp

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 07:06:20 am
We played a 11-15 team whose coach and players have all quit on the season, and we have fans wanting to throw a parade after the win. Laughable.

Now Ice I'm as big of a critic of CMA as anyone on this board but I'm fair and your statement is ridiculous and unfair....

Teams in Ole Miss' position can play very tough, the Hogs came out and did what they had to do.  CMA had a good game plan and they won...it was a good win

PonderinHog

Jborohog09

You predicted a loss in the game prediction thread. 

jabber71

Jump Ball / Re: OM Game Day Predictions
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:20:50 am »
Ole Miss 81. Arkansas 68.

So this is the same team you said would beat us by double digits, and now your not happy we flipped the script at their house?

I said we would beat them and we did so yes I was both right and very happy.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

RagingHawgOn

I actually liked Kennedy's tirade. Dude showed fire and it looked like he was coaching his ass off last night. His guys quit and Kennedy pointed it out with passion.  Kudos to him.

hobhog

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jabber71 on February 14, 2018, 07:57:38 am

So this is the same team you said would beat us by double digits, and now your not happy we flipped the script at their house?

this guy opens his mouth and shite comes out.. that is all he's got... a full blown POS...

Next1_04

Welp chalk this one up as a "didn't count" then you ignorant imbecile. Go fork a spoon in your pathetic corner of self pity with you poster of John Pelphrey naked staring back at you. Come off it.

The Boar War

On the other hand we have fans who look for any reason to be upset after a double digit conference road win.  I wish it were laughable.

hoglady

I listened to Kennedy on the sideline - "play hard", "defend", we need "energy", "play fast".
Pretty much the same words that Anderson gets crucified for by many on this board, game after game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

pghawg1

I don't care WHO it is ANY Road win is GOOD to GET.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jabber71 on February 14, 2018, 07:57:38 am

Of course he is not happy. That was not a prediction that was a preference.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hoglady

We won an SEC road game with Gafford picking up 2 quick fouls and both Macon and Barford having off games.
Who would have thought we could do that??
Proud of this team last night.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

twistitup

He tried to motivate his team by announcing his resignation....IF they won out - I bet he would stay....but his bluff did not work and he will be leaving

He's pissed his bluff didn't work
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogsanity

Quote from: twistitup on February 14, 2018, 08:13:27 am
He tried to motivate his team by announcing his resignation....IF they won out - I bet he would stay....but his bluff did not work and he will be leaving

He's pissed his bluff didn't work

I don't think he was given that choice. He was going to be let go by old misses. So he announced that he was leaving.

As for last night, I mean really, a major college team at one point missed 21 of 22 shots and was 4 for 27. 15% from the field at one point in the 1st half, and thrn showed no heart, at all for really the rest of the game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

If I would have heard Andy Kennedy talk before the game, I would have predicted a Hog win. It was truly sad to hear his press conferences and his "mic'd up" segment. Maybe the only one I've heard worse than Mike. He had no energy and had completely quit as a coach.

mizzouman

I had mentioned before that Ole Miss was reeling.  What I didn't know is just how bad. 

Letsroll1200

Quote from: elksnort on February 14, 2018, 07:26:40 am
He did not quit. He was coaching hard. He announced his resignation effective at the end of the season.

He quit. He should have announced that he was leaving after the last regular season game. He's never been a good coach and I hate that he is leaving Ole Miss.

jethro

Eh, he was at least trying to get something out of them at times.  I heard him telling players after Gabe or Hall had a putback in second half, "He is just standing in the lane and you are watching him.  Just Standing!  You have to do something.  Get in front, move, something!  You are not doing anything but watching!" or words close to that.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

NoogaHog

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on February 14, 2018, 07:58:20 am
I actually liked Kennedy's tirade. Dude showed fire and it looked like he was coaching his ass off last night. His guys quit and Kennedy pointed it out with passion.  Kudos to him.

I thought it was all well said. He is frustrated and his players have bailed on him. He called them out. I didn't have a problem with any of it.

He also had nice things to say about CMA and Gafford.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 14, 2018, 08:08:36 am
Welp chalk this one up as a "didn't count" then you ignorant imbecile. Go fork a spoon in your pathetic corner of self pity with you poster of John Pelphrey naked staring back at you. Come off it.

When I see fans talking like that, I always imagine how hard it would be to work with them. Imagine you're on a tough project or a tight deadline and there's this guy who's just ready to throw in the towel and quit and does nothing but spout negativity. It would drive me crazy, haha.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

sadhogfan

We won a road game, by double digits, with Barford and Macon combining for 17 points. If you want to claim that this is meaningless for THIS team, you are being intellectually dishonest.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2018, 08:21:03 am
As for last night, I mean really, a major college team at one point missed 21 of 22 shots and was 4 for 27. 15% from the field at one point in the 1st half, and thrn showed no heart, at all for really the rest of the game.

The lack of shooting ability and overall offensive skills in this conference is staggering.  Most of the time I can't stand to watch it.  It's terrible, boring, awful basketball.  The Hogs are actually one of the better shooting teams night after night.  At least half of their opponents are ridiculously raw on the offensive end.

forrest city joe

Do you ever stop your BS?you make me sick! you were hoping the hogs would lose and they won this game.and Anderson haters like you can't stand it.you better be glade im not a mod on here. or your BS would be stopped.THE hogs WON1

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2018, 08:21:03 am
I don't think he was given that choice. He was going to be let go by old misses. So he announced that he was leaving.

You are just pissed that Arkansas won.looks like the Hogs are going bad to the Dance.and you can't stand it.the hogs won on the road.which means Anderson won.AND YOU AND THE OTHER HATERS CAN'T STAND IT.

pigture perfect

Hey, a win is a win. I'm happy with it. It could have been disastrous for us had Ole Miss been inspired to play for their coach. I think it speaks to their character that they didn't.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 14, 2018, 09:13:12 am
The lack of shooting ability and overall offensive skills in this conference is staggering.  Most of the time I can't stand to watch it.  It's terrible, boring, awful basketball.  The Hogs are actually one of the better shooting teams night after night.  At least half of their opponents are ridiculously raw on the offensive end.

There were 43 fouls called last night - that stops play every minute.
(And those numbers weren't jacked up by intentional fouls at the end of the game)
That just doesn't lend itself to teams getting into any type of offensive rhythm.

forrest city joe

Quote from: sadhogfan on February 14, 2018, 09:07:06 am
We won a road game, by double digits, with Barford and Macon combining for 17 points. If you want to claim that this is meaningless for THIS team, you are being intellectually dishonest.
He's pissed that the hogs won.hogs have won 6 of their last 8 games.they have won 78 games with 5 to go.so the Anderson haters are having hard time these days. i love it!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 14, 2018, 08:55:53 am
He quit. He should have announced that he was leaving after the last regular season game. He's never been a good coach and I hate that he is leaving Ole Miss.

Not true.  While he is not an elite coach or even very good, he's decent, he's good in the context of OM history and tradition.  I think the graphic last night showed he has more 20 win seasons than the previous 50 years in OM history.  Comparing him to his immediate predecessors he had 9 20 win seasons out of 12.  Rob Evans/Rod Barnes had 5 out of 14.  Evans and Barnes combined for 8 losing seasons while this is Kennedy first.  His conference record will finish around .500   The past two finished a combined -22 games under .500.  He could land at say a Southern Miss and probably have more success there than he did at OM.  But it's obvious he's done all he can do at OM and the team and fans have basically checked out.  It's a good time for him to leave with only one losing season under his belt and mutual parting of the ways.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 14, 2018, 09:13:12 am

It's not just in this conference; it's all over college basketball.  Heck, the number 1 team in the nation, Virginia, is awful offensively. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jim Harris

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 14, 2018, 06:59:07 am

Looked a lot like Razorback football the past two years.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

azhog10

Quote from: hoglady on February 14, 2018, 08:10:33 am
I listened to Kennedy on the sideline - "play hard", "defend", we need "energy", "play fast".
Pretty much the same words that Anderson gets crucified for by many on this board, game after game.
I was gonna say the exact same thing.

cityhog

I'm as critical as the next guy, but also quick to compliment. Good job last night winning a game we absolutely, positively had to win. That was one where it was devastating if we lost, but no real benefit (from the NCAAT standpoint) by winning. Still, road wins have been few and far between this year. If we can just somehow earn a road split between Bama and Misery, the road record won't be that horrible.

Pig in the Pokey

Two pages and not a single link. Jesus, guys. #LearntoOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG4Yeiu_j30

Also, Andy Kennedy wasnt "throwing kids under the bus left and right" as much as he KEPT IT REAL> I dont blame him one bit.

Reminds me of my dude's speech "My grandparents came over on that ship..."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 10:39:11 am
Is that a space I see between WON and haters? Progress!!!

I have never wanted the Hogs to lose. I just expect it based on the quality of coach and past experience. Our last 3 wins are against opponents with a 11-27 SEC record. The next 5 are projected NCAA teams. Mike is going you have to coach somewhere close to the coach you think he is to finish .500 in the SEC and make the NCAA Tournament.

I'm really curious as to what the proper reaction to a win is? We can't be happy? We can't say "hey, good job coach"? Why is it that if anyone says anything positive, then the haters feel the responsibility to squash all positivity and make sure everyone is brought down. Why can't people just enjoy a win without all of the "that team sucked...just wait" crap?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 14, 2018, 11:00:42 am
I'm really curious as to what the proper reaction to a win is? We can't be happy? We can't say "hey, good job coach"? Why is it that if anyone says anything positive, then the haters feel the responsibility to squash all positivity and make sure everyone is brought down. Why can't people just enjoy a win without all of the "that team sucked...just wait" crap?

The proper reaction to a game like last night is " hey, the better team won, the Hogs were the better team and did what they were supposed to do ".

The proper response to beating A&M or Auburn would be, " heck yea, Hogs just beat a really good team and got a really good win ".

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 14, 2018, 09:40:06 am
It's not just in this conference; it's all over college basketball.  Heck, the number 1 team in the nation, Virginia, is awful offensively. 

It is all over basketball except for the NBA. From College down to as low as you want to go. It is all grab and shove on defense, and bull to the rim or jack a 3 on offense.

I was in a gym 2 weeks ago, and they played a 7th grade game before the game I was working. One of the 7th grade teams took at least 20 3's and made ZERO.

elksnort

FCJ and other's new hog call:

Wooooooo Coach Mike
Wooooooo Coach Mike
Wooooooo Coach Mike.....ANDERSON!

It would be great if a gif or vine of this could be made. Device High could do it I think.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2018, 11:06:04 am
The proper reaction to a game like last night is " hey, the better team won, the Hogs were the better team and did what they were supposed to do ".

The proper response to beating A&M or Auburn would be, " heck yea, Hogs just beat a really good team and got a really good win ".

Bingo.

DeltaBoy

Bottom line we won. And Kennedy will coach again
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on February 14, 2018, 11:08:18 am
It is all over basketball except for the NBA. From College down to as low as you want to go. It is all grab and shove on defense, and bull to the rim or jack a 3 on offense.

I was in a gym 2 weeks ago, and they played a 7th grade game before the game I was working. One of the 7th grade teams took at least 20 3's and made ZERO.
You must be a miserable guy to be around. I coach high school basketball, our team averages 17 3pt attempts a game. That's not a high number. I'd say it's about average. We play teams that take more of course but your good teams are around this number. We also average around 14 fouls a game. That's around 7 each half. We've had a game or two where less than 10 fouls were called on us the whole game and have had games where we had around 20-22 fouls called on us. Our style of play never changed on either end. If you don't believe me, here's a link:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/paradise-honors-panthers-(surprise,az)/basketball/home.htm

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 11:12:44 am
Bingo.
Yet this wasn't your reaction.....So if he hit it on the head then what the hell was all the shiite you wrote about?