Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Little Rock Games

Started by WoooPigBrewie, November 23, 2017, 08:48:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sigpooie

How much have we given every year to two or three out of state teams..I bet in my lifetime it's over a 100 mil...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

bythelake

Quote from: sigpooie on November 23, 2017, 02:30:08 pm
How much have we given every year to two or three out of state teams..I bet in my lifetime it's over a 100 mil...

And???????

sigpooie

Sorry, and we should have keep a chunk of easy wins right here so we could have as many schools doing well as miss or la, or OK or MO or TN or KY or sc..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

ricepig

Quote from: bythelake on November 23, 2017, 02:31:35 pm
And???????

Don't you know, the money that the in-state teams receives from out of state games isn't worth the same as UofA money???

sigpooie

Yes and that amount of funds kept in a general area closet other areas that grow thanks to major grow in local college's helps the entire area. And increases chances of uofa getting even more funds. Love to see uca, uapb or as in the rock. King of the hill bowl...

ricepig

Quote from: sigpooie on November 23, 2017, 02:39:11 pm
Yes and that amount of funds kept in a general area closet other areas that grow thanks to major grow in local college's helps the entire area. And increases chances of uofa getting even more funds. Love to see uca, uapb or as in the rock. King of the hill bowl...

Money is money, it doesn't matter where it comes from......

Hogtimes

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 23, 2017, 10:21:32 am
As does ASU now for non conference teams they play.

Maybe so, but they would be crazy to pass up playing this game in Little Rock

TeufelHog

IT ONLY BENEFITS ASU.  It makes no sense to divide in state recruiting and the fan base.  Arkansas has nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.  Just NO . . .

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Why not? I would be more intrigued by an opponent like A-State than the Toledos, ULMs, and Florida A&Ms of the world. We'll lose 10% of the time, but there will be no doubt that we are the better program. A-State loss to FCS UCA last year, but we know that ASU is the better program since ASU has beat them 9 out of 10 times

Hogtimes

Quote from: bythelake on November 23, 2017, 01:48:44 pm
Game with astate will not happen any time soon, nor should it.

If you don't understand that by now, well,  I'm not going to explain it to you.  You apparently will never understand.  UA first in all decisions.

I understand .....some fans are afraid to play them.

WoooPigBrewie

We wouldn't pay them anything. Just split the money from the game.

If it means that much to them, they would agree.

No issues in recruiting because, let's be honest, SEC > Sun Belt.

THE DIAMOND BOWL BABY!!!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

bythelake

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 23, 2017, 02:55:19 pm
I understand .....some fans are afraid to play them.

There is a difference between being scared and being smarter.

Your argument is junior high.  Dare someone to do something dum by calling them a scaredy cat. Not working, UA too smart.

bythelake

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 03:06:57 pm
We wouldn't pay them anything. Just split the money from the game.

If it means that much to them, they would agree.

No issues in recruiting because, let's be honest, SEC > Sun Belt.

THE DIAMOND BOWL BABY!!!

Is your goal to maximize the money we would lose? 

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: bythelake on November 23, 2017, 03:32:33 pm
Is your goal to maximize the money we would lose?
We already lose money playing in Little Rock.

It has been made clear that money is not the focus of this discussion.

It is about the Razorbacks playing a game in Little Rock.

At least make it interesting instead of ULM, Toledo, etc.

DIAMOND BOWL
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 23, 2017, 10:45:12 am
Only if the Tamu game becomes a true home and away game. If not we would have another away game where the team has to travel and the students cannot attend.

I agree.  Change the TAMU game to Fayetteville and Missouri game to LR.

gangstaback

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 03:52:16 pm

Literally lost 1 game in Little Rock because it is a big loss of money.

bythelake

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 03:52:16 pm

It is about the Razorbacks playing a game in Little Rock.

At least make it interesting instead of ULM, Toledo, etc.

DIAMOND BOWL

Astate game at LR will never happen.  At least no time soon.  Carry on.

Hogtimes

Quote from: bythelake on November 23, 2017, 03:25:54 pm
There is a difference between being scared and being smarter.

Your argument is junior high.  Dare someone to do something dum by calling them a scaredy cat. Not working, UA too smart.

Dum?    UA too smart!   LOL.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: gangstaback on November 23, 2017, 04:00:49 pm
Literally lost 1 game in Little Rock because it is a big loss of money.
Exactly. So, if we are forced to play a non-conference team there, it might as well be Arkansas State.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Because Ole Miss will be the last SEC game.

If I'm an SEC team and there has to be a mutual agreement to play in WMS, I would say "No way, Jose."
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

hog911

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 23, 2017, 09:33:36 am
I am all for it.   Too many University of Arkansas fans are afraid to play them.  I say play them, beat them and leave no doubt.

No we are not afraid to play Arkansas State! Only Arkansas State benefits in this match up! The State of Arkansas is the University of Arkansas! When it comes to footballs none of the other schools matter!!!!!

Hogtimes

Quote from: hog911 on November 23, 2017, 05:00:28 pm

No we are not afraid to play Arkansas State! Only Arkansas State benefits in this match up! The State of Arkansas is the University of Arkansas! When it comes to footballs none of the other schools matter!!!!!

You don't think the City of Little Rock, the local businesses, fans in Central and Southern Arkansas, even the State would benefit?   I also think lots of fans of UCA, Tech, Arkansas State and other colleges in the State would disagree with you that they do not matter when it comes to football.   

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 23, 2017, 10:21:26 am
Swap it for Jerry's World?   Have A&M come there every year and call it neutral.. ha

Hey, we have to go there every year and call it neutral.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

j-mann

there is no win for us if we play them  they will demand more and more   its not being sared  of them   its  about not giveing them at shot to toledo us    because even if we won 9- of 10  all people wouild talk about is the 1 we lost 

the sun beit comm  if he had his way  wouild kick them out   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: j-mann on November 23, 2017, 06:16:58 pm
there is no win for us if we play them  they will demand more and more   its not being sared  of them   its  about not giveing them at shot to toledo us    because even if we won 9- of 10  all people wouild talk about is the 1 we lost 

the sun beit comm  if he had his way  wouild kick them out   
Demand more and more?

The terms of the contract are we split the revenue and we play in WMS the opening week of every year.

Nothing more, nothing less.

DIAMOND BOWL!!!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

bythelake

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 06:48:23 pm
Demand more and more?

The terms of the contract are we split the revenue and we play in WMS the opening week of every year.

Please provide the financials for each team for the diamond bowl.   Please include the comparison of astate and UA versus typical home game profits. 

And please drop the it doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing more, nothing less.

DIAMOND BOWL!!!

stan the man

Why is there still discussion about continuing to play. In a joke of a stadium. There is already a stigma associated with Arkansas being a mediocre program. I'll bet there is not another program that wants to play in Little Rock.  We would continueto be the laughing stock of the SEC

bphi11ips

November 23, 2017, 08:18:19 pm #77 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:32:39 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: stan the man on November 23, 2017, 07:29:34 pm
Why is there still discussion about continuing to play. In a joke of a stadium. There is already a stigma associated with Arkansas being a mediocre program. I'll bet there is not another program that wants to play in Little Rock.  We would continueto be the laughing stock of the SEC

Because the people making decisions are a lot smarter than the multitudes posting here.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

gangstaback

This is turning into one of the sorriest GSD threads because the OP refuses to address the questions others (included) are trying to ask to entertain the idea. Even for the sake of argument this is now terrible.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: gangstaback on November 23, 2017, 08:19:07 pm
This is turning into one of the sorriest GSD threads because the OP refuses to address the questions others (included) are trying to ask to entertain the idea. Even for the sake of argument this is now terrible.
What question do you want answered?

If you're going to be forced to play a game in WMS, make it a neutral game against Arkansas State every year. Pay them $0 instead of paying ULM or Toledo or whoever  $1.5 million to play the game.

The SEC has made it clear that after 2018, they will not force other SEC teams to play there. They would hve to mutually agree. Doubtful any will agree.

It isn't a hard concept.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

ricepig

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 08:40:55 pm

If you're going to be forced to play a game in WMS, make it a neutral game against Arkansas State every year. Pay them $0 instead of paying ULM or Toledo or whoever  $1.5 million to play the game.

The SEC has made it clear that after 2018, they will not force other SEC teams to play there. They would hve to mutually agree. Doubtful any will agree.

It isn't a hard concept.

Would you rather play Bama in Tuscaloosa, or Birmingham??

bythelake

It isn't a hard concept.
[/quote

Yea man, it's way over our heads.  Hogs lose in excess of 5 Mil,  Astate makes in excess of 1mil more than a regular home game. 

Sounds like a great idea to me /s

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2017, 08:44:42 pm
Would you rather play Bama in Tuscaloosa, or Birmingham??
Trust me, SEC teams will not agree to play there.

The SEC has laid out the needs for WMS to host an SEC game, who is going to pay those costs?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: bythelake on November 23, 2017, 08:55:27 pm

It isn't a hard concept.
[/quote

Yea man, it's way over our heads.  Hogs lose in excess of 5 Mil,  Astate makes in excess of 1mil more than a regular home game. 

Sounds like a great idea to me /s
Going to be forced to play there anyway. Might as well save the extra $1.5 million and just play Arkansas State. Only condition is it's a true neutral site game an we don't pay them a dime.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 09:18:03 pm

The SEC has laid out the needs for WMS to host an SEC game, who is going to pay those costs?
Why would the opponent care?

bphi11ips

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 09:18:03 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

The only reason an SEC team wouldn't agree to play there is because Arkansas's record against SEC teams is better in LR. But they'll play wherever Arkansas wants to schedule the game.

Long presented a PowerPoint to the Governor and BOT detailing improvements he said were necessary. The SEC hasn't done anything. I do recall reading that there may have been a suggestion from the SEC office that the officials need more room in their locker area. Some of the improvements relate to television production.

clew

I want no part of WMS in early September. That just sounds miserable.
Pure as the dawn

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 23, 2017, 09:25:48 pm
BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

The only reason an SEC team wouldn't agree to play there is because Arkansas's record against SEC teams is better in LR. But they'll play wherever Arkansas wants to schedule the game.

Long presented a PowerPoint to the Governor and BOT detailing improvements he said were necessary. The SEC hasn't done anything. I do recall reading that there may have been a suggestion from the SEC office that the officials need more room in their locker area. Some of the improvements relate to television production.
So the SEC requiring centralized replay isn't a thing? Who pays for that?

So I guess the $1.95 to $3.0 million under SEC review to get to the standard required to host an SEC game is a sham?

There were other tidbits in that PowerPoint that you must have missed...

Also, I guess you didn't see the new SEC rule stating that any game off campus must be mutually agreed upon?

What if behind doors the SEC said to the other schools "Hey, don't agree to play there. Bad facility. Bad locker rooms. Bad look for the league."?

I don't think it is quite as "BWAHAHAHAHAHA" as you think.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

bphi11ips

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 10:18:21 pm
So the SEC requiring centralized replay isn't a thing? Who pays for that?

So I guess the $1.95 to $3.0 million under SEC review to get to the standard required to host an SEC game is a sham?

There were other tidbits in that PowerPoint that you must have missed...

Also, I guess you didn't see the new SEC rule stating that any game off campus must be mutually agreed upon?

What if behind doors the SEC said to the other schools "Hey, don't agree to play there. Bad facility. Bad locker rooms. Bad look for the league."?

Mmmhmm

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 23, 2017, 10:22:11 pm
Mmmhmm
Exactly...

Best bet for any viability of WMS is to play...

THE DIAMOND BOWL
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

bphi11ips

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 10:23:47 pm
Exactly...

Best bet for any viability of WMS is to play...

THE DIAMOND BOWL

Now you've done gone and made me spit Gran Marnier on my keyboard.

P.S. - I was laughing the first time at "Trust me."

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 23, 2017, 10:29:06 pm
Now you've done gone and made me spit Gran Marnier on my keyboard.

P.S. - I was laughing the first time at "Trust me."
Believe me, SEC schools won't mutually agree to play us in WMS and we will be stuck with North Texas. Sad!

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

factchecker

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 23, 2017, 10:18:21 pm

1. SEC teams don't care about visiting locker room.  Every visiting locker room is small and cramped.

2. SEC teams might actually prefer Little Rock because the decrease in distance.  Less distance = saved money AND higher % of your fans traveling to the game.

I promise you that Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU will have no problem playing a game in WMS.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: factchecker on November 23, 2017, 10:39:52 pm
1. SEC teams don't care about visiting locker room.  Every visiting locker room is small and cramped.

2. SEC teams might actually prefer Little Rock because the decrease in distance.  Less distance = saved money AND higher % of your fans traveling to the game.

I promise you that Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU will have no problem playing a game in WMS.
Have you spoken to their ADs?

I'm all for playing Ole Miss and Missouri there but, until WMS meets the requirements of the SEC office, it won't host an SEC game after 2018.

DIAMOND BOWL
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Sweet Feet

Glad to see more and more hog fans are on board with this. This is way overdue. Of course you are still going to have delusional farts thats think this hurts Arkansas because their lord and savior Broyles said so. Can't think for themselves with something so backwards.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 24, 2017, 02:04:15 am
Glad to see more and more hog fans are on board with this. This is way overdue. Of course you are still going to have delusional farts thats think this hurts Arkansas because their lord and savior Broyles said so. Can't think for themselves with something so backwards.
Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 24, 2017, 02:04:15 am
Well, "Mr. Integrity" didn't see the positives in it for Arkansas either, so I guess Broyles brainwashed him, too. Darn that Lord and savior.

Snouty

Quote from: hog911 on November 23, 2017, 05:00:28 pm

A little arrogant, don't you think?  Tell that to Cliff Harris.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 02:39:56 am
Well, "Mr. Integrity" didn't see the positives in it for Arkansas either, so I guess Broyles brainwashed him, too. Darn that Lord and savior.
Jeff is gone. Frank is gone. Let's all move on.

Time to come together as one.

DIAMOND BOWL!

Think about how much Asa would love presenting that trophy!! Pure joy.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Simple Swineman

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 07:44:24 am
Jeff is gone. Frank is gone. Let's all move on.

Time to come together as one.

DIAMOND BOWL!

Think about how much Asa would love presenting that trophy!! Pure joy.

How bout a DIAMOND BOWL jamboree? Start a new tradition of a Labor Day weekend kickoff classic in Little Rock.

UCA vs UAPB kickoff at 11:00am
Arkansas vs Arkansas State at 6:00pm

A full day of football and tailgating with all corners of the state coming together in the capital city to welcome in the new season.

hog911

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 23, 2017, 05:30:26 pm
You don't think the City of Little Rock, the local businesses, fans in Central and Southern Arkansas, even the State would benefit?   I also think lots of fans of UCA, Tech, Arkansas State and other colleges in the State would disagree with you that they do not matter when it comes to football.

Having Arkansas State build their program off the backs of Arkansas is never a good idea! State of Mississippi has a ton of Division I talent but splitting it amongst two major programs and mid major has left both programs being mediocre at best! Let's keep one football school on the hill and not built A st and UCA's programs!