Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip Kelly to UCLA.

Started by rhog1, November 22, 2017, 06:05:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-chip-kelly-may-made-decision-ucla-florida/

The UCLA 247Sports site reports that their sources have said Kelly has decided to become UCLA's new head coach:

Not only is that the consistent buzz among agents, but some assistant coaches who have previously worked with Kelly are telling various sources that they've spoken to Kelly about specifically joining him on the UCLA staff.

Hopefully this is true and he stays out of the SEC. Plus he just seems like a better fit at UCLA.

Pigasaurus

So much for Fla and Tennessee firing early. Whos next on their list?
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Bubba's Bruisers

I think UCLA makes the most sense.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pigsrus

It is nice to see these two SEC smug fan bases flatly rejected.  I'm smelling some highly regarded D2 or fringe candidate take both of these jobs.  Their completely insane fan base deserves every bit of this reality check.

hawgon

duckman

Quote from: Pigsrus on November 22, 2017, 06:57:45 pm
It is nice to see these two SEC smug fan bases flatly rejected.  I'm smelling some highly regarded D2 or fringe candidate take both of these jobs.  Their completely insane fan base deserves every bit of this reality check.

Norvell???

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Boardon Hamsay

They could say the same thing about us in the near future.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hoggusamoungus

November 22, 2017, 07:01:42 pm #8 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 07:35:19 pm by hoggusamoungus

Word on Nashville radio today is Mullens and Schiano are high on the list in Knoxville.

TrueBlue

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 20, 2017, 12:03:00 pm
Florida missed out on their chance when they (Florida AD and Admin) all flew up to New Hampshire and couldn't get the deal done. Better concentrate on Frost now if you are Florida.

Like I said in the post above, they blew their chance when they went to see him and didn't return with him.

Bubba's Bruisers

If I'm FL, I'm going after Frost pretty hard.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

I could see Florida getting Petrino or Brohm.  Either could be bad for us and others in the SEC.  Doubt it would bother BAMA much.

hogfanmd

Quote from: rhog1 on November 22, 2017, 06:05:40 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-chip-kelly-may-made-decision-ucla-florida/

The UCLA 247Sports site reports that their sources have said Kelly has decided to become UCLA's new head coach:

Not only is that the consistent buzz among agents, but some assistant coaches who have previously worked with Kelly are telling various sources that they've spoken to Kelly about specifically joining him on the UCLA staff.

Hopefully this is true and he stays out of the SEC. Plus he just seems like a better fit at UCLA.

That can't be true since he is going to Florida. 🙂

Deep Shoat

Does anyone have a mirror?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Scott7703

Bet you hear Frost to Florida soon enough.

Calvin Swine

Be careful with your gloating.  This may be the first domino to fall that'll leave some of our choice candidates going to other (more prestigious) schools in the SEC.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Calvin Swine on November 22, 2017, 07:33:40 pm
Be careful with your gloating.  This may be the first domino to fall that'll leave some of our choice candidates going to other (more prestigious) schools in the SEC.
we get Gus, Norvell , or Leach. We are straight.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pigsrus

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 22, 2017, 07:21:04 pm
Bet you hear Frost to Florida soon enough.
No one outbids the farmers in NUB land for Frost.

TexasHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 22, 2017, 07:37:25 pm
we get Gus, Norvell , or Leach. We are straight.

What if they wait around on Gus then he declines and Norvell and Leach have already been hired somewhere else?

JLS?

Pigsrus

Quote from: Calvin Swine on November 22, 2017, 07:33:40 pm
Thus my point!

jvanhorn

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 22, 2017, 07:01:42 pm
Word on Nashville radio today is Mullens and Schiano are high on the list in Knoxville.

I never thought I would say this, but if I was Mullens I would think long and hard about going to Tennessee.  He has proven that he can provide a winning program at Mississippi State.  He is probably thought of as a god and can set himself up for life--or at least the rest of his career.  Coaches don't seem to last too long at Tennessee.

jcbville

Quote from: rhog1 on November 22, 2017, 06:05:40 pm

We need good coaches in the SEC. We didnt have much to fear by him being at Florida. We would benefit more than we would suffer.

247Hog

I think Tennessee needs to hire Kiffin again  ;D

You think Gus would divide a fanbase lmao
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 12247 on November 22, 2017, 07:12:36 pm
I could see Florida getting Petrino or Brohm.  Either could be bad for us and others in the SEC.  Doubt it would bother BAMA much.

Not until December...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jackflash

UCLA is where Kelly needs to be

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pigsrus on November 22, 2017, 07:39:58 pm
No one outbids the farmers in NUB land for Frost.

When will some of you learn it isn't always about outbidding.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports
2h2 hours ago

Florida now reportedly focused on UCF's Scott Frost as Chip Kelly expected to choose UCLA
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB

Here's our report on how the Chip Kelly to #UCLA deal came together:

QuoteThe former Oregon coach, who went 46-7 in four seasons with the Ducks, agreed to a five-year contract worth $23.3M with a $9M reciprocal buyout. Kelly's UCLA contract is back-loaded in the deal.

A few things to know about how the deal came together:

While the deal for Kelly sounds relatively modest by today's coaching standards at an average of $4.7 per year, SI has learned that Kelly will still be getting paid around $13 million over the first two years he's at UCLA as part of his old deal with the San Francisco 49ers.

As SI reported last week, Kelly was visited by six Florida officials in New Hampshire. Both sides thought the meeting went well. A source close to the coach told SI that Kelly liked and was very impressed with the UF brass and that made his decision harder. But in the end he felt he'd be a lot more comfortable living on the West Coast with the situation UCLA offered him than he would in Gainesville.