Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somebody drop some knowledge on me!

Started by eathill5, December 26, 2009, 11:09:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eathill5

I am kind of embarrased to say this because over the years I have followed the bball team almost religiously, but really haven't at all the last year or so other than the occasional game I catch.

Who are these recruits that we signed in the early this year?  Also I keep hearing about 3-4 great players in the state for the 2011 class. 

If somebody would give me the rundown, maybe where they are from, position, caliber, it would be appreciated.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

eathill5

anyone?? I figured there would be tons of people looking to tell someone what they know, heck that is the nature of message boards. 
Get over it.

HoopS

We signed Wade, Scott and Waithe.   Wade is a G who is a lockdown defender.   Scott is also a G but is better offensively.   Waithe is 6'9" and a solid player.   All rated pretty highly.

The 3 guys in 2011 we want are Ross (already committed), Mickelson and Madden.   I haven't seen them play nor am I sure how tall they are.   I do know they are all good sized guys and all look to be good bets to be solid in college. 

HoopS

We may still sign one more this class and if so, we hope it to be Ratliffe.   He's a big guy and is legit.   This class this year is good.   Maybe real good. 

Despite the vibe you probably get while reading around here, the future is improving and if the '11 class comes together with those 3, or 2 and maybe Adonis Thomas, we will have a roster capable of doing some serious damage. 
Pel needs to ....

1. Win enough this year to warrant being retained.
2. Get that 2011 class either locked down or close to locked down.

If he can win enough and get the future roster shaped up, we will be better than we've been in a while.  It's never fun being patient and going thru a rebuild.  But that's what we are in.  And even if he loses his job, the next coach will have a chance to succeed due to the work he has done. 

chiefsfan

the key to the 2011 class is really Adonis Thomas.    If Pelphrey can sgin him most will be willing to give him a break for a failure to sign Ky Madden, which is proving to be the hardest of the instate players to get
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

eathill5

Cool thanks.  It Ratliff's first name Ricardo or something like that? I was reading somewhere the other day and it seems that rings a bell had some HUGE names after him like FL, KY, and Memphis?  Is he JUCO?

You are right the rebuilding thing is hard to keep your attention, and unlike many I am all for giving Pel his fair shot and that hasn't happened yet in my opinion.
Get over it.

HoopS

Ricardo, yes.  Highly recruited.   #1 juco in the country, I think.

Negaholicism

I wish we signed more ESPN 100's or 60's but I do like who Pel is seeking out. He has been good for about 1 or 2 in each class.

I know Ross is only a verbal commit at this time but if Thomas, Madden, and Nickelson came and then add on Clarke, Powell and Bryant to that mix... watch out.

razobak

Quote from: HoopS on December 27, 2009, 08:55:52 pm
We signed Wade, Scott and Waithe.   Wade is a G who is a lockdown defender.   Scott is also a G but is better offensively.   Waithe is 6'9" and a solid player.   All rated pretty highly.

The 3 guys in 2011 we want are Ross (already committed), Mickelson and Madden.   I haven't seen them play nor am I sure how tall they are.   I do know they are all good sized guys and all look to be good bets to be solid in college.

Mickelson is 6-9 to 6-10 and smooth as silk.  Could use about 30 more pounds.  I saw him play against JHS in last year's NEA tourney and he didn't miss a FG attempt till 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  Was something like 9-11 from the FT line too.  Mind you, that's just one game, but the kid's got serious game.  If only he wasn't so rail thin.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

pick_DA_EAGLES

i wonder what 30 pnds. Will do to his ability?