Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lanny and Porkatarian, Arkansas played good defense against Mo.St.? What?

Started by Atkinhog5, December 24, 2009, 10:34:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atkinhog5

Quote from: brenthog on December 24, 2009, 12:11:30 pm
AtkinHog, just so you know. It was Washington who was out of position as the backman on the final play. This wasn't Pel's fault. Washington came up to the ball and left a man under the basket.
Washington had fouled out and this is part of my point. The guy under the the basket was marshawn Powell.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 12:10:11 pm
       Is Pelphrey drawing up the plays or not? It was like last year in our third game in conference on the road at Florida. Arkansas comes out and dominates them for eleven minutes of the first half and establishes a  double digit lead. They had no answer for Washington. He was killing them. There's a timeout, Pel-phrey draws up the same play in question, Washington picks up a cheap foul on it twentyfive feet from the basket, and then on the other side of the floor thirty seconds later he picks up his second foul because of disgust, and then he has to go to the bench. Along with him going to the bench, your chances of winning the game went down the drain because he couldn't play the final eight minutes of the first half. . This is what I'm talking about.

Maybe I need to watch more basketball and have a better memory so I could forget the disasters that have littered a john Pelphrey's tenure. Oh wait, I do and I do. I think what you meant to say is don't do these things. If I didn't watch, then I wouldn't have to forget them, right.

i will explain this too you again...

did pelphrey set the screen or was it washington?

answer washington (although he did it wrong)

did pelphrey then run down the floor to pick up, what i will call an "atkinshog5 foul" (not very smart) or was that washington?

again the answer is washington.

as you can now see pelphrey is not on the floor, he can only tell them what to do, if they dont do it, its not his fault.  what do you wish him to do put in cox?

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 12:19:11 pm
Washington had fouled out and this is part of my point. The guy under the the basket was marshawn Powell.

ok then it was a freshman who made a misstake. we can only hope he will learn from this.

brenthog

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 12:19:11 pm
Well the premise is the same. It was the back man. Powell/Washington point is it wasn't a coaching error.

brenthog

Pick_DA_EAGLES...I can't read any of your posts...Your avatar is too dang distracting!

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: brenthog on December 24, 2009, 12:23:11 pm
Pick_DA_EAGLES...I can't read any of your posts...Your avatar is too dang distracting!

i have it that way, so if i mis-spell something most people won't catch it.  8)

Kevin

blinded by the hate.  to some people, pel, can do nothing right.

i like the play he called, to get clarke the three.  i like the fact as much as he was struggling our coach went to him.

like the fact he went with the hot player glen bryant.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

thirtythree

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 24, 2009, 12:27:00 pm
i have it that way, so if i mis-spell something most people won't catch it.  8)

It works.

Okay, to Atkins. Y'all need to lay off of him. He is right you know. There was conspiracy between some people for the Hogs to get this win. Everyone was in on it. Even the Mizzou players. They were jacking those wide open 25-26 footers on purpose, because there was no way our defense was actually playing pretty good perimeter defense (man to man the whole game except on inbounds plays).

Now, to that last play. CJP told Britt to fall and Powell to leave his spot so we could get extra time to blow it. There's no other way to explain it. Nobody ever makes mistakes like that in pressure situations, especially freshman.

Sorry guys, couldn't resist that.

Atkins, please stop. It's Christmas man.

bwbcpa

Quote from: thirtythree on December 24, 2009, 12:48:06 pm
It works.

Okay, to Atkins. Y'all need to lay off of him. He is right you know. There was conspiracy between some people for the Hogs to get this win. Everyone was in on it. Even the Mizzou players. They were jacking those wide open 25-26 footers on purpose, because there was no way our defense was actually playing pretty good perimeter defense (man to man the whole game except on inbounds plays).

Now, to that last play. CJP told Britt to fall and Powell to leave his spot so we could get extra time to blow it. There's no other way to explain it. Nobody ever makes mistakes like that in pressure situations, especially freshman.

Sorry guys, couldn't resist that.

Atkins, please stop. It's Christmas man.

Thanks for clearing this up. Now I can enjoy the rest of my holiday. Merry Christmas!

HoopS

We won, so we can't gripe there.   

Let's see.  We beat a team that beat us last year and had yet to lose this year.   Drats!   Can't play that card.

Oh, I know, we only scored in the 60's, made a freshman mistake late and still managed to win....but it was ugly.   That's the angle!

I honestly believe some of you out there are upset that the Hogs won....and I'm not talking about RebelBruiser.   Think about that for a moment.   Something is totally jacked up for Hog fans to be upset that the Hogs actually got a quality win.

At least the OP has already admitted he will never be happy with anything accomplished under Pel.   I'm not the one who gives out fan cards, but if I were, you wouldn't get one. 

Beating this team doesn't mean we'll win the whole thing.   Heck, who knows what we'll do in conference.   But we DID just beat a pretty decent team and as a Hog fan, I'll take this win and acknowledge the improvement seen thus far.   To me, crying about this win is weak. 

thirtythree

Quote from: bwbcpa on December 24, 2009, 12:53:16 pm
Thanks for clearing this up. Now I can enjoy the rest of my holiday. Merry Christmas!

No problem.

Merry Christmas to all. Even Atkins.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: HoopS on December 24, 2009, 12:54:31 pm
We won, so we can't gripe there.   

Let's see.  We beat a team that beat us last year and had yet to lose this year.   Drats!   Can't play that card.

Oh, I know, we only scored in the 60's, made a freshman mistake late and still managed to win....but it was ugly.   That's the angle!

I honestly believe some of you out there are upset that the Hogs won....and I'm not talking about RebelBruiser.   Think about that for a moment.   Something is totally jacked up for Hog fans to be upset that the Hogs actually got a quality win.

At least the OP has already admitted he will never be happy with anything accomplished under Pel.   I'm not the one who gives out fan cards, but if I were, you wouldn't get one. 

Beating this team doesn't mean we'll win the whole thing.   Heck, who knows what we'll do in conference.   But we DID just beat a pretty decent team and as a Hog fan, I'll take this win and acknowledge the improvement seen thus far.   To me, crying about this win is weak.
Nobody's crying over a victory. Go and read the original post again. And no, I still have no confidence in Pelphrey, and can't say I have seen something to change it.

thirtythree

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 01:03:46 pm
Nobody's crying over a victory. Go and read the original post again. And no, I still have no confidence in Pelphrey, and can't won't say I have seen something to change it.

There. Fixed that for ya.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: brenthog on December 24, 2009, 12:22:01 pm
Well the premise is the same. It was the back man. Powell/Washington point is it wasn't a coaching error.
Not a coaching error? I was watching the game and Pelphrey told all them coming out of the timeout not to allow the three. Didn't anyone else see it? That was exactly what Powell was doing when he left his man.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: thirtythree on December 24, 2009, 01:07:48 pm
There. Fixed that for ya.
won't? no, it's can't. If I had confidence in him I would not hesitate in saying it.

GuvHog

Quote from: brenthog on December 24, 2009, 11:56:58 am
Atkinhog5 I did watch the game. You are correct, a lot of the shots they were taking were wide open. They were rotating the ball very well and you could see that they are a well coached team. What you fail to mention is that Arkansas Defense was rotating just as well. This causes many of their shots to be rushed. They were wide open, yes, but rushed. Playing basketball you know that this isn't the best scenario for a shooter. When the game wore on, the Arkansas D got a little worn down. Then they stopped rotating as fast. This free'd them up to make more of the shots they were attempting and is one reason Weems started to heat up from 3.

Scott Inman and the color commentator stated several times during the game and afterwards that almost every
shot the MSU players took was with a Hog player in their face so I disagree that there were that many wide open
shots.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HoopS

The same OP that you said you knew for a fact we had the game won with 3 min left?   
Back before Tyus EDNY pulled his stunt off, I remember watching our Hogs and blow a similar lead in half the time against Kentucky.   Missouri St isn't Kentucky, and don't even say I said that, but since we started using a shot clock and a three point line, few leads are safe. 
Fact of the matter is we won and wouldn't have earlier this season.   We didn't play a perfect game, but we are improving. 

lawhawg

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 11:22:25 am
All anyone needs to know about me is I will never be satisfied with that win the other night or John Pelphrey.

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 11:44:01 am
I assure you the first time I see John Pelphrey do something worthy of praise I will not hesitate in saying it. 

I really hope Pelphrey does something undeniably good this season, and not just because I am a loyal Hog fan.  I've never heard anyone praise somebody they were unsatisfied with.  You are a very intriguing fan Atkinhog5.  When we score in a way that you don't like, do you get excited or do you curse the coach?  When an opposing player misses an open 3, are you happy or do you throw something at the TV?

Atkinhog5

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 24, 2009, 01:15:25 pm
Scott Inman and the color commentator stated several times during the game and afterwards that almost every
shot the MSU players took was with a Hog player in their face so I disagree that there were that many wide open
shots.
Go ahead and disagree, but they were.

GuvHog

southeasthog

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 24, 2009, 01:15:25 pm
shots.
Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 01:40:30 pm
But you said the announcers remarked how cold MS was. Someone else heard them say that the shots were contested. Sounds like they were cold because we got pressure on the shooters. Or does that not fit your agenda?

hawgsav1

I'd take Mike Anderson over Pelphrey any day.  But it's hard to argue with 5 straight wins.  I don't mind Pelphrey if he does well. He seems like a nice guy as well.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Dirty

Is Pelphrey drawing up the plays or not? It was like last year in our third game in conference on the road at Florida. Arkansas comes out and dominates them for eleven minutes of the first half and establishes a  double digit lead. They had no answer for Washington. He was killing them. There's a timeout, Pel-phrey draws up the same play in question, Washington picks up a cheap foul on it twentyfive feet from the basket, and then on the other side of the floor thirty seconds later he picks up his second foul because of disgust, and then he has to go to the bench. Along with him going to the bench, your chances of winning the game went down the drain because he couldn't play the final eight minutes of the first half. . This is what I'm talking about.

Maybe I need to watch more basketball and have a better memory so I could forget the disasters that have littered a john Pelphrey's tenure. Oh wait, I do and I do. I think what you meant to say is don't do these things. If I didn't watch, then I wouldn't have to forget them, right.

You said it yourself.  Maybe it's just Washington

HogInThaGrove

Nobody cares how we get there, only that we win.

The "w" is what matters.

Why don't u ask a pitcher who gives up no runs in 9 innings, played his best game, only to lose in extras. Or, he gives up 5 runs, 6 walks but wins. Which would he prefer? Well, if he's a team player, he'd prefer the win. So, go ask Washington if it's Pels fault he picks up cheap fouls. And ask him if he cares what his stats are as long as we win. A win is a win. Doesn't matter if it's ugly at this stage. We will take it. 

Smokehouse

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 01:40:30 pm

those 3's Weems was hitting certainly weren't wide open, for the most part. There was usually either a man in his face or he was so far back from the line that it was pretty amazing he was sinking them. He was just in the zone the second half.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

and then on the other side of the floor thirty seconds later he picks up his second foul because of disgust, and then he has to go to the bench.

and I'm sure in the huddle Pelphrey said "ok, Mike, remember, if you get disgusted just pick up a foul - it'll help you feel better."
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Dirty

Quote from: Smokehouse on December 24, 2009, 02:49:39 pm
and I'm sure in the huddle Pelphrey said "ok, Mike, remember, if you get disgusted just pick up a foul - it'll help you feel better."

That makes perfect sense now.  I am so glad you cleared that up.

Boarbreath

Atkin

Your opinions are a nice combination of ignorance and arrogance.

Hog fans noticed we won and there was improvement on defense led by Bryant and Britt. It was great to see better team chemistry and hopefully we will continue to improve like we did in this game. 

No one wants to read a long boring post that offers nothing except the same tired agenda. If your going to continue to spew hate at least learn to condense your thoughts.

Hopefully, the pickle factory will return and give you something else to do in your spare time.

Merry Christmas

Atkinhog5

Quote from: Boarbreath on December 24, 2009, 03:14:43 pm
Atkin

Your opinions are a nice combination of ignorance and arrogance.

Hog fans noticed we won and there was improvement on defense led by Bryant and Britt. It was great to see better team chemistry and hopefully we will continue to improve like we did in this game. 

No one wants to read a long boring post that offers nothing except the same tired agenda. If your going to continue to spew hate at least learn to condense your thoughts.

Hopefully, the pickle factory will return and give you something else to do in your spare time.

Merry Christmas
it's funny how truth gets labeled as hate spewing by a few of you.

Science Fiction Greg

He didn't even use the word hate anywhere in his post.  What are you talking about?
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

HoopS

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on Today at 11:22:25 AM>>>>All anyone needs to know about me is I will never be satisfied with that win the other night or John Pelphrey.<<<

Boarbreath

Quote from: Corndog7 on December 24, 2009, 03:24:08 pm
He didn't even use the word hate anywhere in his post.  What are you talking about?

Well, I did actually and I shouldn't have used those words.  But I'm sticking by the rest of the post!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:17:28 pm
it's funny how truth gets labeled as hate spewing by a few of you.

Don't confuse "hate" with "you don't know what you're talking about." There is a difference.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: Smokehouse on December 24, 2009, 02:49:39 pm
Did you have a lead at that point or not? When wahington went to the bench was that lead not surrendered? You can try and avoid the obvious, but Washington's presence on the floor should never be sacrificed for a shot. that was my point about the plays Pelphrey routinely draws up. It cost you games last year, and it nearly did the other night too. That Florida game was just one instance of this last year. I could name others, but the other night is just another example of why we must change coaches. I've heard it said that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. This is what keeping Pelphrey is. He is still doing it. The guy doesn't learn from his mistakes. Why in the world would anyone want someone that can't learn from his mistakes as coach of their program.     

Atkinhog5

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 24, 2009, 03:28:25 pm
Don't confuse "hate" with "you don't know what you're talking about." There is a difference.
I didn't confuse it, the other guy did, but if you are saying I don't know what I'm talking about I would love to hear what about. 

Atkinhog5

go back and read it.

Atkinhog5

Did he or didn't he?

hog_fan

We are 7-5.  Texas, Baylor, and UAB coming up. I predict 1-2 at best and likely 0-3. I see us being 8-7 or 7-8 heading into the SEC. Enjoy the win over Missouri State a solid mid-major team. That's all they are. I don't see us winning many conference games. I think 13 or 14 wins is best we do. Long will have to answer the question with all the trouble does Pel get another year to clean up the mess he was dealt with? If so look him to get 2 more years. If these top Arkansas guys sign with us Pel isn't going to be fired with them coming in. We could easily get all 3 from Arkansas. Some people point is we beat Missouri state. Sure it is good to get a win, but it's not like we beat Duke. heard announcers were going crazy. Why?

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:34:00 pm
Did he or didn't he?

Yeah, odd, I read it twice and didn't see it.  You win that round.  I will lay off the pipe for a few minutes.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

bwbcpa

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:28:45 pm
Did you have a lead at that point or not? When wahington went to the bench was that lead not surrendered? You can try and avoid the obvious, but Washington's presence on the floor should never be sacrificed for a shot. that was my point about the plays Pelphrey routinely draws up. It cost you games last year, and it nearly did the other night too. That Florida game was just one instance of this last year. I could name others, but the other night is just another example of why we must change coaches. I've heard it said that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. This is what keeping Pelphrey is. He is still doing it. The guy doesn't learn from his mistakes. Why in the world would anyone want someone that can't learn from his mistakes as coach of their program.    

Using your logic, for Pelphrey to take the responsibility for a play that went wrong because of a player foul, he would have to draw up the play for both the offense AND defense AND blow the referee's whistle.

GuvHog

Quote from: hog_fan on December 24, 2009, 03:36:35 pm
We are 7-5.  Texas, Baylor, and UAB coming up. I predict 1-2 at best and likely 0-3. I see us being 8-7 or 7-8 heading into the SEC. Enjoy the win over Missouri State a solid mid-major team. That's all they are. I don't see us winning many conference games. I think 13 or 14 wins is best we do. Long will have to answer the question with all the trouble does Pel get another year to clean up the mess he was dealt with? If so look him to get 2 more years. If these top Arkansas guys sign with us Pel isn't going to be fired with them coming in. We could easily get all 3 from Arkansas. Some people point is we beat Missouri state. Sure it is good to get a win, but it's not like we beat Duke. heard announcers were going crazy. Why?

Because they know a good win when they see it.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: hog_fan on December 24, 2009, 03:36:35 pm
he won't be signing three because there aren't 3 scholarships available after this year.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: bwbcpa on December 24, 2009, 03:40:35 pm
Using your logic, for Pelphrey to take the responsibility for a play that went wrong because of a player foul, he would have to draw up the play for both the offense AND defense AND blow the referee's whistle.
The point is, a coach needs to know when he's got a good thing and when he doesn't and act accordingly. There is no method to Pelphrey's madness and it cost Arkansas that game last year and nearly the one the other night.

GuvHog

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:41:35 pm
he won't be signing three because there aren't 3 scholarships available after this year.

As Nolan used to say, "Things have a way of working themselves out".

Atkinhog5

I remember Nolan Richardson pulling Oliver Miller out onto the floor when we beat Lsu and shaquil Oneal one year. That was a scheme with logic, but what Pelphrey does with Washington is anything but logical.

Atkinhog5

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 24, 2009, 03:47:00 pm
As Nolan used to say, "Things have a way of working themselves out".
I hope you don't mean more players leaving, because the APR is already going to cost us a scholarship over the mass departures last year. If we get any deeper, it could mean practice time and even the death Penalty. But hey, let's risk it for keeping Pelphrey around another year.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:28:45 pm

so you are saying that we should never let Washington set a screen because he could commit a foul

man if thats a problem we should never pass him the ball because he might charge into someone, and we should tell him to stand in the corner on defense because he might pick up a foul playing defense too,,,

I dont get how telling Mike Washington to set a screen is a coaching mistake with 11 minutes left in the first half of a game
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:31:48 pm
I didn't confuse it, the other guy did, but if you are saying I don't know what I'm talking about I would love to hear what about. 

Here's what I think Atkins.

I think you're trolling.

Because to be honest, I think most people are fairly intelligent. I believe most people can think and write rationally and logically.

So when I see someone like you who obviously can't, I have to automatically assume you're putting on a show. Otherwise, when reading your posts my default position is to assume, because of the way you write, that you're ignorant.

Either way, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what you bring to our little corner of Razorback internet world. Perhaps I'll come up with something before I reach the conclusion that the level of discourse on the board would rise if your account were simply deleted.

I'll get back to you on that.   

chiefsfan

Quote from: Atkinhog5 on December 24, 2009, 03:52:02 pm
I hope you don't mean more players leaving, because the APR is already going to cost us a scholarship over the mass departures last year. If we get any deeper, it could mean practice time and even the death Penalty. But hey, let's risk it for keeping Pelphrey around another year.

The death penalty for APR?    What is this Saudi Arabia?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.