Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poll: Will Fortson be back against Baylor?

Started by The_Iceman, December 23, 2009, 03:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Fortson be back Dec. 30th against Baylor?

Yes
76 (64.4%)
No
42 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 115

The_Iceman

Will we see Fortson for the first time this year against Baylor?

Or will we get another one of those "Fortson will NOT play..." threads soon?

3kgthog

I don't see him playing. We might be better off. He might throw off any chemistry we are currently building.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 23, 2009, 03:12:27 pm
I don't see him playing. We might be better off. He might throw off any chemistry we are currently building.

If we were in the middle of a 5 game losing streak, I could see where adding him may mess up some locker room chemestry. He may view himself as the team savior and the rest of the team may feel like its kind of a desperation move.

But, if we add him now, the team may view him only as an additional piece. We could work him in slowly off the bench in small intervals to get him and the team used to playing together again.

I see this as the perfect time to bring him back, if he's met all the criteria in place.

1highhog

He won't be back until the conference opener, just my thought.

Marshfieldhog

tobs54

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 23, 2009, 03:24:27 pm
If we were in the middle of a 5 game losing streak, I could see where adding him may mess up some locker room chemestry. He may view himself as the team savior and the rest of the team may feel like its kind of a desperation move.

But, if we add him now, the team may view him only as an additional piece. We could work him in slowly off the bench in small intervals to get him and the team used to playing together again.

I see this as the perfect time to bring him back, if he's met all the criteria in place.

I have to agree with this assessment. 

The Hogfather

He's been practicing with the team for awhile now.  I don't see bringing him back as having a negative effect on team chemistry.  I think he will only make this team better.

labb

A triple double waiting to happen. Some have forgotten how good Fortson really is. He will make this team a lot better. One thing that he also brings is that attitude of  we will leave it all on the floor. He has a fierce will to win.

I think that he plays against Baylor on the 30th.

HawgNthaWater

he will play against baylor per bo mattingly show
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

JONAS

Porkatarian

"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Boarcephus

Quote from: Porkatarian on December 23, 2009, 07:17:12 pm
I'm hearing it will happen.

Porkatarian out...

When JP made the comment about CF and his grades, I figured from that he's done until school starts again.  If he's in good shape academically, then he'll play.  Just my $.02.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Reservoir Hogs

I believe Dudley Dawson reported that Fortson would be on the court vs Baylor... It was on Bo's show today

akp4105

excoach

I told you guys he would play against Baylor

Marshfieldhog

Hide the women and children, fortson is back