Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End of OT call?

Started by newera, December 23, 2009, 11:27:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogninja

Girls and Gents, it all boils down to giving Pel the entire team of players to call plays.  He is just a year or two away from having the full 13-14 players to call upon, not 9.  If and when he Doesn't produce with ALL his players, then we cut the cord and make total judgement upon his abilities, not when he is shorthanded by original decree of his boss.  This is about getting the program corrected not winning immediately.  Just listen to Long, it tells you that a suspension of exhibition games extended to as much as 6 full games to get the message across with the understanding of losses and attendance.  Courtney was a project of grades and attitude.  If the grades came through (which I think have) he will play a few games before SEC play to get him acclimated and we are then at full power. :razorback:

Iwastherein1969

I've been out front and vocal about Pelphrey and what I believe is his inability to coach. But on this particular play (the end of OT) when you are down by a point you DO NOT under NO CIRCUMSTANCES wait and throw up a last shot at the buzzer....Pelphrey correctly called a play and they ran it and it worked....again, this doesn't change my mind about Pelphrey overall, however even you most ardent fans who want Pelphrey gone have got to see that this was the most prudent action available.....Kudo's to Pelphrey, or whomever on that coaching staff came up with game plan at the end
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

magstrick

Hate to pile on, but no way you hold for the last shot when you're down.