Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10,800 there tonight. Pretty Impressive!

Started by kingoftherapids, December 22, 2009, 10:19:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Quote from: ImissBrewer on December 22, 2009, 10:19:57 pm
Much better.  Hopefully we can get a lot to the Baylor game as well.
That's in NLR, but I suspect there will be a good crowd.

Hogtropolis™

I'd say about 2,000 of those were Missouri St. fans, but I was very impressed with the crowd tonight.  It was a very good game and most everyone seemed to be into the game the whole night.

I knew it was going to be a better crowd when I was walking up tonight.  There were a lot of people holding up fingers and not many people holding up tickets.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 22, 2009, 10:43:57 pm
I'd say about 2,000 of those were Missouri St. fans, but I was very impressed with the crowd tonight.  It was a very good game and most everyone seemed to be into the game the whole night.

I knew it was going to be a better crowd when I was walking up tonight.  There were a lot of people holding up fingers and not many people holding up tickets.

According to Scott Inman, MSU only had around 200 fans there.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawg414

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 22, 2009, 10:45:41 pm

if so, they were sitting in a circle around the television microphones.

Fletch

No disrespect to Scott Inman, but there were far more than 200 MSU fans there. I don't know if it was 2000, but they had a nice little crowd there.
I feel like $100

3kgthog

Inman's a moron. There were enough MSU fans poisoning our atmosphere that they drowned out our crowd during several points of the game.

WxHog

December 22, 2009, 10:58:01 pm #8 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:13:19 pm by WxHog
Quote from: Fletch on December 22, 2009, 10:54:06 pm
No disrespect to Scott Inman, but there were far more than 200 MSU fans there. I don't know if it was 2000, but they had a nice little crowd there.

I agree. More than 200, but probably not 2,000.  At least 500. Probably close to 1000.  They were very vocal and sounded like 2000.  They had most of the section above the Hogwild Band.  I don't recall ever seeing that many opposing fans in BWA. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Fletch on December 22, 2009, 10:54:06 pm

I'll take your word for it. Scott may have been referring to the Missouri State fans that
were sitting behind MSU's bench when he said that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogtropolis™

He was wrong then.  At one point going into a timeout their fans stood up to applaud them and there were quite a few.  I was say on the low end 1,000 and on the high end 2,000.  There were definitely more than 200 though.  I don't know where he got that number from.  I'm probably not the best at estimating that sort of stuff, but I could easily tell there were more than 200.

Also, I'm not trying to downplay the turnout by the Hog fans either.  I think we had a good turnout tonight and were fairly loud throughout the night as well.  It was a very exciting game to be at.

swinesation

What happened to all those assertions that the fans had given up on the Hogs and were refusing to attend games?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: WxHog on December 22, 2009, 10:58:01 pm
I agree. More than 200, but not 2,000.  I would say at least 500. Maybe close to 1000.  They were very vocal and sounded like 2000.  I don't recall ever seeing that many opposing fans in BWA. 
Really?  Like I said before I don't claim to be an expert at this, but I still say there were easily more than 500.  I would say between 1000-2000 Missouri St. fans.  I was sitting next to 5 Missouri St. guys that all drove in from Springfield.  It's only about a 2 hour drive and they were coming to watch their 10-0 team.  They had a very good turnout.

And as far as not ever seeing over 2,000 opposing fans there, I would say there were easily over 2,000 OU fans at the OU game last year.

WxHog

December 22, 2009, 11:21:33 pm #13 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:24:19 pm by WxHog
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 22, 2009, 11:03:03 pm
Really?  Like I said before I don't claim to be an expert at this, but I still say there were easily more than 500.  I would say between 1000-2000 Missouri St. fans.  I was sitting next to 5 Missouri St. guys that all drove in from Springfield.  It's only about a 2 hour drive and they were coming to watch their 10-0 team.  They had a very good turnout.

And as far as not ever seeing over 2,000 opposing fans there, I would say there were easily over 2,000 OU fans at the OU game last year.

Perhaps so.  I wasn't at the OU game last year, so I'll take your word.   If indeed MO State did have close to 2000 tonight, that was probably the first time an opposing team had close to a 1:5 fan ratio, considering the OU game was close to capacity. 

Already stated above, there were times when their crowd drowned out ours, which seemed strange.  Pound for pound, their fans were more vocal than ours.   

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: swinesation on December 22, 2009, 11:02:40 pm
What happened to all those assertions that the fans had given up on the Hogs and were refusing to attend games?

If 2000 of  those 11,000 were MS fans, and there were probably 2 or 3 thousand walk up tickets sold, then we still had 3 to 5 thousand folks that bought tickets who chose not to attend the game.

Pickled Pig

atmosphere was unusually good tonight. don't get me wrong. there were only 7-8,000 people, but that's an improvement. wins tend to do that. as the team gets better more people will come, and it will get louder and louder.

hats off to the geniuses at the U of A who thought of and/or approved the weather reports in the middle of the football and basketball games. Nothing like a good and exciting weather report to get the crowd pumped up, loud, and crazy acting.

The only thing that could wake the crowd up more would be to have a PGA announcer do that weather bit instead of the actual weather guy, using his soft and soothing [the ball's about to be putted] voice to gingerly detail the movement of a low pressure system and a slight chance of precipitation.

It's enough to make you want to call the hogs!!   

PP

kingoftherapids

HawgBallLvr

It was a very GOOD GAME..... GO HOGS GO.. Very impressive victory!
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

hawgrunner

Quote from: Hawg414 on December 22, 2009, 10:54:01 pm
if so, they were sitting in a circle around the television microphones.

They were all on my left side. :)

hog.goblin

Easily more than 1,000; probably not 2,000

3kgthog

I long for the days when there were no tickets to be had and opposing fans had to suck it up and do without. Back in the day you'd only have the other coaches' wives and kids sitting in their corner. Now the enemy can sit at half-court and have a verbal sparring session with our players.