Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pel's postgame shakedown!

Started by joebear, December 22, 2009, 09:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: fred ziffel on December 23, 2009, 07:00:54 pm
You obviously didn't hear what the Mo State coach was saying during the game. I did. Was sitting on [CENSORED] right almost behind him. Impressive??

Please tell us. What did he say??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 23, 2009, 08:48:30 pm
Please tell us. What did he say??

Yes, what? Did this get brought up at all after the game on either side?

Marshfieldhog

It was odd regarding the hand shakes. If it wouldve been someone doing that to us we wouldve been hacked off. Whatever,we have other issues to worry bout than this

N HOG

You could tell by the reaction of the MState players in the handshake line that they thought CJP was a little "out there," to say the least.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: N HOG on December 24, 2009, 12:24:59 am
You could tell by the reaction of the MState players in the handshake line that they thought CJP was a little "out there," to say the least.

Who really cares what they thought.  BWA wasn't built so we could compete in politeness contests.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 23, 2009, 11:55:57 pm
It was odd regarding the hand shakes. If it wouldve been someone doing that to us we wouldve been hacked off. Whatever,we have other issues to worry bout than this
I totally agree with this assessment. The Razorback fan base would be livid if an opposing coach acted like Pelphrey did last night, especially the way he greeted the Mo St players. However, I'll give Pel this one slip as its obvious he's under a lot of pressure. But, please Pel, just don't do it again.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

N HOG

December 24, 2009, 12:58:47 am #56 Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 01:02:40 am by N HOG
Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 24, 2009, 12:35:39 am
Who really cares what they thought. 

Perhaps those supportive of rational behavior by persons holding professional positions?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: N HOG on December 24, 2009, 12:58:47 am
Perhaps those supportive of rational behavior by persons holding professional positions?

Go to a chess match.

athunt

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 23, 2009, 12:31:53 pm
my god its not like he has done it after every game. it has happened once.

and sometimes that closed door stuff gets old.

i want to see some excitement.

Its not like he has had the opportunity to celebrate like that.  ;)

I felt he should have "acted like he'd been there before". But I cant blame him for being happy, he needed the confidence more than the players.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

chiefsfan

Personally If Pelphrey chooses to strip naked after every win and dance in a marsh full of beetles eyes, I dont care.   as long as he wins...and we dont have any TV games

if the recruits like it and the players like it.  he can do whatever he wants.   because basketball isnt about making the opposing team like you
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

woghild

Quote from: Snoop Hoggy Hog on December 22, 2009, 09:42:49 pm
LOL! I was thinking the same thing! All we needed was for him to go over to the student section and lead the fight song!

My thought exactly.  A show of defiance to his critics.

thirtythree

Man, I kind of like this. At least were talking about celebrating instead of firing. Personally, I don't care if he did cart wheels and back flips. The Razorbacks won baby!

Porkatarian

Quote from: thirtythree on December 24, 2009, 05:30:41 am
The Razorbacks won baby!

which is by far the most important thing!

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

thirtythree

HamShank

He looked absolutely insane.  At first, it bothered me, but he's just a weird-lookin' dude.  He has strange mannerisms and his feelings are transparent and read directly on his face.  It's like we have Christopher Walken as our coach or something.

The reason I don't mind it and am ultimately encouraged by the whole thing is that this guy is going to make the Hogs a success or die trying.  He's been given the keys to the kingdom at a former basketball powerhouse.  If he doesn't succeed here, what's his next step?  ...It ain't gonna be good. 

The clock is ticking on his career, he's been dealt a monumentally bad hand, and as preposterous as his post-game reaction was, it was clearly a major release of pressure for him.

I'm behind Pel.  Yes, he's made mistakes and yes, he's learning on the job, but if he's given the time to turn this program around, he will do so.  I firmly believe that.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: thirtythree on December 24, 2009, 05:30:41 am
Man, I kind of like this. At least were talking about celebrating instead of firing. Personally, I don't care if he did cart wheels and back flips. The Razorbacks won baby!
who doesn't like the emotion ? I know I enjoy seeing the fight in the man....however, some professionalism while shaking the hands of the opposition is a necessity....no excuse for losing one's composure during that exchange, especially when you are the face of the program....however, what he does AFTER the handshakes and congrats I have ZERO problem with
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Breems

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 24, 2009, 10:52:50 pm
who doesn't like the emotion ? I know I enjoy seeing the fight in the man....however, some professionalism while shaking the hands of the opposition is a necessity....no excuse for losing one's composure during that exchange, especially when you are the face of the program....however, what he does AFTER the handshakes and congrats I have ZERO problem with

That was my opinion, he might should have toned it down a bit while shaking the opposing player's hands as to not make it seem like a huge upset, but I loved his fire when he was looking at the crowd.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

rbackfan87

Quote from: elksnort on December 22, 2009, 09:38:22 pm
Looked like Houston Nutt after the 2005 Ole Miss game.

I tend to disagree, Pel doesn't have man boobs.

deshahawg

I think it's embarassing that we are this excited about beating a mid-major in overtime.

Porkatarian

Quote from: deshahawg on December 26, 2009, 10:53:24 am
I think it's embarassing that we are this excited about beating a mid-major in overtime.

I understand that Jeff Long has received quite a bit of feedback about the very same thing.  It was a GREAT win at a time when are program really needed a win like that.  I know it was against Soutwest Missouri State, but our program is where it is right now (rock bottom).  I would like for Pel to act like he's been there before after winning a game like that, but I do understand that he's been feeling a LOT of heat.

Porkatarian out...

HawgAdvocate

December 26, 2009, 03:18:08 pm #70 Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:19:45 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: deshahawg on December 26, 2009, 10:53:24 am
I think it's emberrassing that we are this excited about beating a mid-major in overtime.

It's certainly a lot less embarrassing than losing to a mid-major in overtime. Unfortunately, far too many have no idea how difficult of a rebuilding job this has been.....

Quote from: Porkatarian on December 26, 2009, 12:13:41 pm
I understand that Jeff Long has received quite a bit of feedback about the very same thing. 

...such as these people (not you Pork, but the people you speak of). Long certainly should understand the margin for error when your first two recruiting classes all come within 6 months of each other after coming from a lesser conference.

We could still have Stan, of course. We'd be being led by Rakestraw and Sanchez right about now. Perhaps even Clarence Trent, who can't get off the very end of the bench at Washington (averaging 7 minutes per game), or DeAndre Liggins (only 4 games played all year at UK, and not because of injury - no one knows).
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm curious, because I have not watched local news the last few days.  Did anyone in the media ask Pel about the post game reaction?  What would be the difficulty in asking "Hey coach, tell us how you were feeling immediately after the game when you were shaking hands with MSU and then flashing those bat $hit crazy eyes up to the stands"  Then just let Pel respond, and see what he says.

Also has anyone been on bearville.net to see what their fans or players had to say about it.  Are we making more of this than anyone else?  Also it may have some unintended positive consequences if you believe in any publicity is good publicity.  It has keep fans talking, and interested in basketball.  It has shown that fans still care even if they are critical of Pel, and on the flip side it has brought out support for Pel as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 26, 2009, 03:32:15 pm
I'm curious, because I have not watched local news the last few days.  Did anyone in the media ask Pel about the post game reaction?  What would be the difficulty in asking "Hey coach, tell us how you were feeling immediately after the game when you were shaking hands with MSU and then flashing those bat $hit crazy eyes up to the stands"  Then just let Pel respond, and see what he says.

Also has anyone been on bearville.net to see what their fans or players had to say about it.  Are we making more of this than anyone else?  Also it may have some unintended positive consequences if you believe in any publicity is good publicity.  It has keep fans talking, and interested in basketball.  It has shown that fans still care even if they are critical of Pel, and on the flip side it has brought out support for Pel as well.

No offense meant to my buds in the business, but Arkansas does not have a "Scoops Callahan".
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

QuadHog

Personally,I want the opposing teams to hate coming to BWA to play.You guys forget playing with a Mr. Nice Guy for a coach is part of the reason we are where we are.I dont give a crap about what the fans of other schools or the media think about CJP or the politeness they are shown when they are here.As long as we are winning,they can stay at home(and you can too) if they dont like it.Some of you are the same people that gripe about the rowdy fans around you and never stand or yell at the games.You got to have energy and excitement to get recruits and a Coach that shows some fire sometimes will get you the players you need.You aint gonna win with choir boys.

Porkatarian

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 26, 2009, 03:18:08 pm
It's certainly a lot less embarrassing than losing to a mid-major in overtime. Unfortunately, far too many have no idea how difficult of a rebuilding job this has been.....

...such as these people (not you Pork, but the people you speak of). Long certainly should understand the margin for error when your first two recruiting classes all come within 6 months of each other after coming from a lesser conference.

We could still have Stan, of course. We'd be being led by Rakestraw and Sanchez right about now. Perhaps even Clarence Trent, who can't get off the very end of the bench at Washington (averaging 7 minutes per game), or DeAndre Liggins (only 4 games played all year at UK, and not because of injury - no one knows).

I was just thrilled we won the game.

Porkatarian out...

bigdaddy220

I didn't like it.  He needs to set the example for fans and future players as well as kids who are watching.  You can get your point across without that.  If not, learn to.