Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did you guys see pelphrey after the game?

Started by Danny J, December 22, 2009, 09:31:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

Did you see him shaking the mizz state players hands after the game and the look he had on his face? The mizz state players were looking at him like he was crazy. He was waiving his hands in the air trying to get the crowd pumped...awesome. Say wha tou want about him he is very proud and emotional and shows how much he wants to win.

hogs24

That was friggin awesome!! Seems like he was still ticked at losing at their place last year.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

TomasPistola

Quote from: donk on December 22, 2009, 09:34:29 pm
He looked like Nutt does after a win.

Nutt = doing it for show and it being all about him

Pel = Doing it because he cares and wants to win.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

aristotle

I think part of that was relief to pull off the exciting win and part of that was revenge for their fans rushing the court on us last year in a pre-conference game.

william.lane123

A guy on a mission people! Very possessed tonight after the game.

jesterzzn

Only took one post.  Faster than I thought.

He looked nothing like Nutt by the way.  Nothing.

It was a bit out of character for him though.

WMHawgfan

really? did he go kick the band director off the ladder? the nutt comparisons are idiotic.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: jesterzzn on December 22, 2009, 09:36:19 pm
Only took one post.  Faster than I thought.

He looked nothing like Nutt by the way.  Nothing.

It was a bit out of character for him though.

Out of character? He told a player to STFU once during a game!

dougieritch

Knot2brite

Quote from: bigrod155 on December 22, 2009, 09:39:25 pm

As well he should have. Then after that, Pel's team shut them all the F up by beating Tennessee's ass.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jesterzzn

Quote from: bigrod155 on December 22, 2009, 09:39:25 pm
When we beat Texas last year he calmly walked over an shook hands, then started the fist pump.

I'm not saying that it was a big deal at all, just that its clear the loses were getting to him and this was a big relief.

Doomon

That was great!!!! I love having a coach that shows emotion

deucea729

HawgBallLvr

Loved it!!!!!!!!! GO PEL and GO HOGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

ChicoHog

I am not a big fan of coaches showing emotion and waving, fist pumping etc., but if that works for pel then I'm ok with it. I prefer the business like approach of Petrino or the calmer demeanor of Self, coach K, etc., 

hawgsav1

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 23, 2009, 12:27:23 am
I am not a big fan of coaches showing emotion and waving, fist pumping etc., but if that works for pel then I'm ok with it. I prefer the business like approach of Petrino or the calmer demeanor of Self, coach K, etc., 

You like Stan Heath's demeanor? ;)
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

dougieritch

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 23, 2009, 01:57:34 am
You like Stan Heath's demeanor? ;)

I was thinking the same thing!

Love Pel's Fire, no one likes to lose, especially him.  Great Win!

Toad Suck Pork

As Nolan says, "He's got the fire in his belly"

rude1

It more reminded me of MO.State storming the floor after beating us last year.  We just beat Mo.State, while a decent team, still not a ranked opponent. I would have liked to have seen him a little more reserved myself. But I am sure he has been feeling the pressure and that win felt like some of the pressure was released, if only for a night.

Dillon23

I thought he looked a little silly, I prefer the Petrino look....act like you've been there before.

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on December 23, 2009, 08:52:35 am
It more reminded me of MO.State storming the floor after beating us last year.  We just beat Mo.State, while a decent team, still not a ranked opponent. I would have liked to have seen him a little more reserved myself. But I am sure he has been feeling the pressure and that win felt like some of the pressure was released, if only for a night.

IMO Missouri State will be ranked in the top 25 before the season ends. They are too good not to
be. Their RPI rating going into last nights game was 25 and THAT'S pretty impressive.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

thirtythree

Quote from: razrken on December 23, 2009, 01:46:38 am
Looked like Nutt...no way to sugar coat it....only thing missing was a text.

So, what is it? I guess the next "the only thing that was missing" comment will be the phrase, "I called that play chuck".

It is really sad that people compare this classy coach to HDN. No matter what it is. CJP is nothing like HDN in any shape, form or fashion.

hogifino

The man showed emotion after his kids played good at times and poorly at times, but they played.  They also played with emotion and heart which is what it took to beat an experienced, deep and skilled team.  I will take it every time.  Go Hogs and I do mean all of them.

WilsonHog

With the heat he's been taking, a little emotion was in order.

HawgWild

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 23, 2009, 09:25:48 am
With the heat he's been taking, a little emotion was in order.

That's my take on this as well. Good game Hogs.

rude1

Quote from: thirtythree on December 23, 2009, 09:05:14 am
So, what is it? I guess the next "the only thing that was missing" comment will be the phrase, "I called that play chuck".

It is really sad that people compare this classy coach to HDN. No matter what it is. CJP is nothing like HDN in any shape, form or fashion.
Come on now, it did kind of have a little HDNism celebration appeal to it.

Poker_hog

Nothing wrong with celebrating a win, but Pel looked bat sh*t crazy shaking the other teams hands.  He was jerking thier hands as they walked by.  I thought it was unprofesional and unsportsman.  It was like he had something personal against them.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

aristotle

Quote from: Poker_hog on December 23, 2009, 09:44:11 am
Nothing wrong with celebrating a win, but Pel looked bat sh*t crazy shaking the other teams hands.  He was jerking thier hands as they walked by.  I thought it was unprofesional and unsportsman.  It was like he had something personal against them.

Maybe he did. Their fans stormed the court on us last year like we were ranked #1 or they just made the final four or something.

Hollywood_HOGan45

after losing to morgan state, ETSU, and South Alabama all at home.....a little celebration was in order!
i wanted to be down there celebrating with them after our early struggles.

thirtythree

Quote from: rude1 on December 23, 2009, 09:36:32 am
Come on now, it did kind of have a little HDNism celebration appeal to it.

I just can't see comparing him to HDN in any manner even though he got emotional last night. That's just me though.