Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we a tournament team?

Started by HOGness4life, December 22, 2009, 09:28:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rude1

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on December 23, 2009, 11:21:52 pm
At this point we would not make it if they expanded to 128 teams. However, bids aren't handed out until March. Once we finally have our complete team, this team will be much better than many on here predicted. 
Man what a difference a game makes huh? If they had lost that game, and they could have easily did that, nobody would be talking about how much better this team has gotten.

While I am glad for the win, I think the game was won more on what MO.State didn't do as apposed to what the Razorbacks did do. I still saw the good 3 point looks, their best shooter just wasn't making them.

I think this team is still going to struggle the rest of this year, even when Fortson comes back.

Hot_Town_Hog

While it was a good one win, the biggest positive to me is we are starting to finally see a team with some talent and depth. Last year we had some talent, but not enough depth to finish games. My opinion was this year's team should be much improved due to the quality of depth we added and another year of experience for our young guys. Never would have guessed the suspensions would have played out like like they did, but it appears we are getting back on track. Once we add Fortson, this team will be able to beat anyone in the SEC. I just hope we can take care of Baylor and UAB, and maybe sneak up on Texas.

The next three games should be a very good inidication of what we should expect the rest of the year.

Junkyard Hog

December 24, 2009, 07:42:58 am #52 Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:53:27 pm by Junkyard Hog
I can't believe we are at a point in Hog basketball where some would consider a home win over a mid-major as a resume building win.

Oh and to answer your question.  We can only make the NCAA tournament if the rest of the SEC teams are stricken with the swine flu and quarantined during the SEC tournament.

Speedracer

This thread was started as a joke right?
Like smites bother me.

deshahawg

I don't see us going to the tournament again under Pel.

keithh1999

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on December 24, 2009, 07:42:58 am
I can't believe we are at a point in Hog basketball where some would consider a home win over a mid-major as a resume building win.

Oh and to answer your question.  We can only make the NCAA tournament if the rest of the SEC teams are stricken with the swine flew and quarantined during the SEC tournament.

Ahhhh, good point about a mid-major. SMS had an RPI in the 30's... while we are well above 200. So actually, this was an upset -- even at home. MY My, how we have fallen when a win over SouthWest Missouri State is considered an upset. WOW

On a Springfield Sports Show, they were surprised that SMS was beaten by an "inferior" Razorback team. Ouch!!

NCAA Tourney? This year? I can't see it. NIT? Can't see it.
Pig Farmers are cool.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogsfan1981

Wow I feel sorry for the poster. Your getting both the "doomed season" people and the "scared to have hope for the season" people all at once.

It would take a small miracle but anything is possible. However the most likely scenario is that we will finish somewhere in the middle.

What is funny about this is that we all expect the team to believe they can win but we don't. Hopefully they prove us all wrong.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 27, 2009, 07:53:13 pm
Wow I feel sorry for the poster. Your getting both the "doomed season" people and the "scared to have hope for the season" people all at once.

It would take a small miracle but anything is possible. However the most likely scenario is that we will finish somewhere in the middle.

What is funny about this is that we all expect the team to believe they can win but we don't. Hopefully they prove us all wrong.
I am not sure how many would expect the team to believe they will make the tournament.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

bengal

NCAA tournament teams do not lose to low majors at home. The NIT would be an amazing feat for this squad.