Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glenn Bryant is my new favorite razorback

Started by luke hawg, December 22, 2009, 09:22:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

Thank you for the hustle, its what razorback basketball is all about. :razorback:

lookinupthehill

No doubt!  What an effort from GB!  Very impressive. 

The Hogfather

Awesome effort.  He'll provide a lot of what we'll need this year.  I really like what I'm seeing out of these newcomers, even though Nobles had a rough game tonight.  Hopefully, if/when Fortson comes back, he can go back to the type of role he should've been playing all along (a back-up to provide quality minutes behind Fortson).  Bryant was very fun to watch tonight.

JONAS

He gave it his all tonight.  I was very impressed with his performance.

spe450

I said the exact same thing at the game.  The kid fights for the rebounds and plays with energy and heart.  Love it when he is on the floor.

Breems

Bryant is the kind of guy that causes teams win games.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogtropolis™

Man this kid can really get up.  He did an awesome job rebounding and that block he had during the 1st half was amazing.  He came out of no where to reject that shot.

swinesation

Dude is scary. Imagine him bigger, stronger, more confident. Very scary.

dougieritch

Quote from: swinesation on December 22, 2009, 10:42:34 pm
Dude is scary. Imagine him bigger, stronger, more confident. Very scary.

ONLY A FRESHMAN!  Very Exciting...hopefully GB can build off this and show up every night!

He's Going to be a good one, especially after he works on his shot a little bit more.

WhenPigsFly

Great effort by GB tonite!  What a  joy to watch!

The_Iceman

this is what happens when kids are coached well in high school.

Glenn has tons of potential as just a true freshman. The kid can jump, rebound, block shots, finish around the goal, and hit the 3!

Bryant and Powell work really well together when Washington is out.

HawgBallLvr

I loved his hustle tonight. The entire team looked like a different team from the last game. GO HOGS GO.. Next Baylor!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

SONofHAM

To me, Bryant kept us in the game.  Rot did the scoring and Bryant did everything else....rebounds, blocks, shot changes, steals, tipped passes.  He was everywhere!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

1highhog

I liked the hustle he had as well, someone that likes to rebound, ala Satchell.

jman

Bryant plays hard and with a lot of heart.  He really sparked the team last night.  Powell really stepped up too.

DoubleJ

I think he's going to be the X-factor in a lot of our games.

jman

I wish that Fortson would come back with his head screwed on straight.  If he does, we could have something to look forward too this year.  The SEC looks more and more to be down again this year.  Florida lost to South Alabama last night by 1

Brass Knob

Always love to see a player who gets so pumped up.  It is infectious to the team and to the fans... He played great last night.  It is important to have players that even if they are off (although he was not) will always play hard and give quality minutes.

snoutface

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 22, 2009, 11:10:59 pm
Glenn has tons of potential as just a true freshman. The kid can jump, rebound, block shots, finish around the goal, and hit the 3!

And a funny looking head- maybe it's the haircut.  ;D   I bet he gets a lot of smack from the team.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

kcstar

Does anyone have a video of Glen's block in the first half on the MO State player driving to the goal?  Glen took the ball out of the air after blocking it.  It was a major college play.

shankin6

Quote from: snoutface on December 23, 2009, 12:32:46 pm

And a funny looking head- maybe it's the haircut.  ;D   I bet he gets a lot of smack from the team.

I think he looks like a warrior, that strange mohawk is just enough crazy to fit his play.  I loved seeing him pounding his chest and hustling all over the place.  His attitude is Kevin Garnett-esque.  He will be a player for us. 

Foshodo

Quote from: DoubleJ on December 23, 2009, 11:12:35 am
I think he's going to be the X-factor in a lot of our games.

i think its fair to expect him to be a complete dud in equally as many games... he'll do well when the situation is right... but i dont think anything should be expected from him routinely at least this season...

DoubleJ

Quote from: Foshodo on December 23, 2009, 03:43:16 pm
i think its fair to expect him to be a complete dud in equally as many games... he'll do well when the situation is right... but i dont think anything should be expected from him routinely at least this season...

This is precisely why I think he will become the X-factor.  There are going to be some tight games where if he does one or two things differently (good or bad), will mean the difference in a win and a loss.

Ray Piggers

Yeah, since the exhibition games, I've wondered why he hasn't seen the floor much. I imagine that will change now.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

rhinohog84

Bryant played with a lot of intensity.  It was great to see.  I really think the team played up when he was in the game. If Fortson, returns for the Baylor game, we now have several big athletic guys.  I think it is time to start a pressing at times.

razorgary

He is by far the most athletic guy we have on our team. He can move and I think he can be a big time player. He reminds me of a Jayson Henry type athlete but wants to play where Jayson didn't look like he really cared.

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorgary on December 24, 2009, 09:11:43 am
He is by far the most athletic guy we have on our team. He can move and I think he can be a big time player. He reminds me of a Jayson Henry type athlete but wants to play where Jayson didn't look like he really cared.

Henry was a 3, Bryant is a 4.

I wish Henry would have stayed. If he could have got his act together, he could have been great!

razorgary

I liked Henry also. Anyone heard what he is doing now?

fred ziffel

Bryant may become a beast of a player before he is done at Arkansas. Great defense around the basket.
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

hogsmaster

After the exhibition games, I am surprised Bryant hasn't gotten more PT.

GS99

Quote from: razorgary on December 24, 2009, 09:53:27 am
I liked Henry also. Anyone heard what he is doing now?

Henry, like Fortson, spent an extra year in high school, then a year in prep school, and was 20 years old by the time he showed up at Arkansas.  I know you like to have physically mature players, but I wonder sometimes if that's a tip-off that they might not be so stable.

Then again, Washington was that way and he's stayed eligible.  Patrick Beverly had just turned 18 when he got here, and had one great season before a disappointing sophomore season and then getting in trouble.  So maybe a guy who's bounced around and is older isn't automatically less stable.