Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas - Missouri State Vent Thread

Started by Lanny, December 22, 2009, 06:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Keep the negative comments in this thread.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Danny J

Quote from: Lanny on December 22, 2009, 06:42:27 pm
Keep the negative comments in this thread.
LOL, ok. Hopefully nothing to vent about.

thirtythree

trippigs

Great idea to keep the totally negative comments here. Are you going to move offenders from the game thread to this one?

Toad Suck Pork

Fire Pel!  Someone had to get it started :)

Lanny

Quote from: twinpigs on December 22, 2009, 06:47:20 pm
Great idea to keep the totally negative comments here. Are you going to move offenders from the game thread to this one?

I hope I won't need too.  Feel free to make sure they know which thread to use.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

trippigs

Quote from: Lanny on December 22, 2009, 06:48:27 pm
I hope I won't need too.  Feel free to make sure they know which thread to use.

OK...will do.

Queen Hog

Go HOGS!!!!!  Beat Missouri State!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Sorry...I am not a negative person.   :P
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: Queen Hog on December 22, 2009, 06:50:54 pm
Go HOGS!!!!!  Beat Missouri State!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Sorry...I am not a negative person.   :P

Then stay out!!!  j/k

thirtythree

Rod6275

man we  sucked tonight...wait   we  have not  even started  yet....?
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

Danny J

Well I guess mr. hyde is back. I thought we wouild at least make it to halftime but damn...we look horrible over the last 8 minutes.

3kgthog

Already standing around on offense, no rebounding, 15% 3-pt shooters shooting threes, no rotation on defense. A 25 pt whoopin by another mid-major is in the oven and baking.

Danny J

For those who dont think we need fortson to run our offense....you now can see how little they really know about the game. There is absolutley no dribble penetration at all over the last10 minutes.

TNhawgfan

We look really bad on offense right now, but at least we don't have that thug Fortson playing (sarcasm alert for the Pel lovers)
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

realistichog

Just when I thought it could'nt get any worse. It is just unbelievable how bad we are. What is even more unbelievable is that there are those who still think Pel can get it done.

TNhawgfan

ishankem

I'm starting to figure it out that these guys are not great BB players.  Maybe over-rated out of HS perhaps.  None of them can shoot worth a dang, except for Clarke.

TNhawgfan

I find it sad that Mike Nail has been talking all night about it being the biggest crowd of the season, and the attendance is 11 thousand

hawgsmellgud

is it negative to think that we were about to screw that up somehow?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Rsvlhog

Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ishankem

Not much to vent about right about...........now

razrken

Man we used to beat Missouri State on the way to a game...how about a little tact.

Speedracer

Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

Here we come final four!
Like smites bother me.

lookawayquick

the last 4.7 seconds of regulation were pathetic.  Coach Pel looks immature on sideline.  He was rolling eyes and making faces at players during clutch time.  I like Pel but he has a lot of growing up to do.  Coach em Pel don't ridicule.

roundball

Pel's little outburst after the game is emabarassing. You would have thought we had beaten North Carolina. He should have held that in till he got in the locker room. That was dumb the way he shook hands with those guys from Missouri St. wow.....

Tomhog™

Quote from: lookawayquick on December 22, 2009, 09:23:09 pm
the last 4.7 seconds of regulation were pathetic.  Coach Pel looks immature on sideline.  He was rolling eyes and making faces at players during clutch time.  I like Pel but he has a lot of growing up to do.  Coach em Pel don't ridicule.

Quote from: roundball on December 22, 2009, 09:26:01 pm
Pel's little outburst after the game is emabarassing. You would have thought we had beaten North Carolina. He should have held that in till he got in the locker room. That was dumb the way he shook hands with those guys from Missouri St. wow.....

I was surprised by his expresssions on both occassions. 

dos

I have NEVER heard an opposing team's crowd at Bud Walton. How many fans did Missouri State bring??? AND I don't care how down Arkansas is.....we are STILL suppose to beat Missouri State at home. We are still ARKANSAS!!!

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: ishankem on December 22, 2009, 09:14:54 pm
Not much to vent about right about...........now

oh how the mighty have fallen.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Firednutt on December 22, 2009, 09:32:33 pm
Man, when did having the last shot of a game decide if we win or lose against these nobodys. Our program can't go any lower. Going to OT and last game coming to a missed 3, against this competition is embarrasing to us and the SEC. Is there anyway we can forfeit confrence season. We are going to be embarrased to many times. Something has to change. Were slipping further each year. We get any lower, I don't think we will ever recover

For the life of me I cannot understand why everyone is so excited about beating MIzz State. (Hell I thought it was Southern Missouri till the end of the game)

I don't give a damn about there RPI they are still MIZZ STATE!!!

Granny fan

Triple T

Best I've felt at a game since Texas last year.

Keep on rolling Hogs, and I'll stop bitching.

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on December 22, 2009, 09:36:08 pm
For the life of me I cannot understand why everyone is so excited about beating MIzz State. (Hell I thought it was Southern Missouri till the end of the game)

I don't give a damn about there RPI they are still MIZZ STATE!!!

Well obviously they dont give a dam$ about you. They WERE 10-0!!!!!!! We beat them. Enough said. The team was very excited they won. Emotions were high. Pel can act however he wants. I dont care. Congratulations Coach P on the win.. GO HOGS GO!!!!!!!!!
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

razrken

All that was missing was Pel going over and directing the band....I was just amazed at his behavior

GuvHog

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on December 22, 2009, 11:56:42 pm
Well obviously they dont give a dam$ about you. They WERE 10-0!!!!!!! We beat them. Enough said. The team was very excited they won. Emotions were high. Pel can act however he wants. I dont care. Congratulations Coach P on the win.. GO HOGS GO!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Even though Oklahoma State isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse this year, they're
still a pretty good team and Missouri State beat them comfortably on the Cowboy's home
court not to mention beating a pretty good Tulsa team as well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: razrken on December 23, 2009, 01:36:53 am
All that was missing was Pel going over and directing the band....I was just amazed at his behavior

Then it doesn't take much to amaze you. That was a much needed and very important win
for he and his Hogs and I don't blame him for his celebration. He was also thanking the fans
as well.

dagnamit

Did we just win another National Championship??????????????

Bunch of idiots posting how great a win this was. It was a win that should be expected every day of the week. Anytime the HOGS and missouri state play should be an automatic win for the HOGS.

Verge

Quote from: dos on December 22, 2009, 09:30:44 pm
I have NEVER heard an opposing team's crowd at Bud Walton. How many fans did Missouri State bring??? AND I don't care how down Arkansas is.....we are STILL suppose to beat Missouri State at home. We are still ARKANSAS!!!

We played them at home when they were still SMSU and they had a large fanbase there, right next to the student section....

We were alot better then, and i believed we smashed them pretty bad, didn't stop them from cheering though.

GuvHog

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on December 23, 2009, 08:53:22 am
Did we just win another National Championship??????????????

Bunch of idiots posting how great a win this was. It was a win that should be expected every day of the week. Anytime the HOGS and missouri state play should be an automatic win for the HOGS.

Tell that to Oklahoma State and Tulsa.

dagnamit

This is a vent thread. Since when did Tulsa and Oklahoma State become the Hogs.

GuvHog

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on December 23, 2009, 09:15:45 am
This is a vent thread. Since when did Tulsa and Oklahoma State become the Hogs.

They were both beaten comfortably by the Missouri State team the Hogs just beat. This MSU
team is much better than some want to believe.

dagnamit

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 23, 2009, 09:19:01 am
They were both beaten comfortably by the Missouri State team the Hogs just beat. This MSU
team is much better than some want to believe.
Like I said. This should be a given. Glad the Hogs won but they should have.

GuvHog

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on December 23, 2009, 09:25:30 am
Like I said. This should be a given. Glad the Hogs won but they should have.

No, a team with an RPI rating of 25 is NEVER a given.

rude1

Lucky Win. Just couldn't find a way to give the game to MO.State. We have sunk to the point where we are overjoyed at beating the MO.States of college basketball.

No point in having a vent thread, if I can't find something wrong with that win.

dagnamit

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 23, 2009, 09:30:37 am
No, a team with an RPI rating of 25 is NEVER a given.
Early in the season RPI means nothing to me. I guess MS moved down to 36 after last night.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/polls/rpi/index1

William and Mary number 5. Give me a break. This was not a huge win....go away. It was a win.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on December 23, 2009, 09:37:31 am
Early in the season RPI means nothing to me. I guess MS moved down to 36 after last night.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/polls/rpi/index1

William and Mary number 5. Give me a break. This was not a huge win....go away. It was a win.

What do you think matters most during a college basketball season?

Answer: Making postseason play

How can a team make the postseason?

Answer: Win as many games against top 100 RPI teams as possible.

This was a big win for that very reason.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12