Our 1994 National Championship Game Is On ESPN Classic Right Now

Started by Rsvlhog, December 21, 2009, 01:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rsvlhog

Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

spatownsteve

Thanks for the info. I'm Tivo'n it now. Now THAT is something I don't mind watchin' over and over. Ahhh, the glory days when we were rollin' with Nolan...
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."         Winston Churchill
------------------------------------------------------------------

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."
      Hunter S. Thompson

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Rsvlhog

Quote from: spatownsteve on December 21, 2009, 01:16:22 pm
Thanks for the info. I'm Tivo'n it now. Now THAT is something I don't mind watchin' over and over. Ahhh, the glory days when we were rollin' with Nolan...

I'm with ya there. I remember when we could always say to the other team after a football loss "you just wait til basketball season!" Man how times have changed.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

FaytownHog

i recorded this a couple of years ago when it was on espn classic and burned it onto dvd. just watching that team and how they pass and move will make you sick to turn on a game these days.

hogpowr

Welcome Coach Bielema!

FaytownHog

Quote from: hogpowr on December 21, 2009, 01:43:20 pm
LOL,.....this is just what Pel needs............
actually it is. can someone get him a copy of the video to watch and learn from?

alohawg

Am I imagining things or wasn't Pelphrey SUPPOSED to be bringing back a similar up tempo, pressing full court style???
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: alohawg on December 21, 2009, 01:56:47 pm
Am I imagining things or wasn't Pelphrey SUPPOSED to be bringing back a similar up tempo, pressing full court style???

I think he meant to say he was bringing back the "40 Minutes of Hello? Where Is Everyone?" The up-tempo is the 5,000 fans fast-breaking it to leave during the second half.

guthhog

Man we we're so tough back then. Down by double digits, right back in it in no time. Hog fans just as loud as Duke fans in their own back yard. Beck just cleaning up the boards. I miss those days. Watching it with my 9 year old. Told him this is how it used to be and he says " I wish we we're that good now". I almost shed a tear...
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

if we win this game, i am heading straight down to dickson for the victory party!

T2 RZB

Thanks.  Just set recorder from work.  Missed some of it, but the last minute is all that matters in this one.

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: BloodRedHog on December 21, 2009, 02:51:14 pm
Thurman for threeeeeee!!!

I know I'm not the only one who went berserk back in 94 when Thurman hit The Shot.

I was jumping up and down yelling like I was crazed, whacked the ceiling fan pretty hard.  Didn't feel it till the next day.

Marshfieldhog

Maybe jeff long watched it..I think he needs a lesson on what hog bball use to be

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

bigmiker

I remember that year so well. What a run, Thurman's shot was breathtaking. I still can't think of the right words for that game. Just so great.
Quote from: 3kgthog: "He shut it down like Mark Mangino at a buffet."

alohawg

I watched it on a big screen at a little watering hole in Hilo, Hi. (da' big island). What a game, what a shot, what a team, such fond memories for all hog fans. Man, I miss those days soooo much.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

justanotherdisappointedfn

Could anyone do some fast research and remind me how many of those players back then graduated?

jman

who cares....we won didnt we.....its all about winning dude.....thats what they come to school for.

You ever seen what most Duke players major in?  Sociology!  Tell me that coach K and the professors that run the Sociology department at Duke dont have some under the table business going on.

Quote from: justanotherdisappointedfn on December 22, 2009, 12:08:00 pm
Could anyone do some fast research and remind me how many of those players back then graduated?

jman

Guys, is there a schedule somewhere for ESPN Classic?  This game was on yesterday and again today, I missed it both times.  I'd love to record this and put it onto a dvd.  If ESPN Classic ever goes HD, it would be sweet to see this game in HD.  thanks

Silver Hog

dhornjr1

Quote from: swisshog on December 22, 2009, 01:41:27 pm
You can also rent this game from Netflix, no joke.

Yep, and the semifinal game against Arizona.

jman

That would be cool to have the whole 1994 and 1995 Final fours

Quote from: dhornjr1 on December 22, 2009, 01:42:22 pm

IndyHog76

Probably no fewer than we are going to graduate this year with a team that goes about 8-20.

Quote from: justanotherdisappointedfn on December 22, 2009, 12:08:00 pm

FaytownHog

Quote from: jman on December 22, 2009, 01:48:42 pm

i don't ever want to see the 95 final again. i'll stick to the 94!

Hogimus Prime

The greatest college basketball game ever played. :razorback:

texhog

They even showed the post game comments.  I had forgotten how anti-Hog that Dean Smith came across as.  Seems like his whole take was that Ark just got lucky against a "great" Duke team.  I guess we took care of his butt in 95.

Hawgrox

Quote from: texhog on December 22, 2009, 06:47:23 pm
I had forgotten how anti-Hog that Dean Smith came across as.  Seems like his whole take was that Ark just got lucky against a "great" Duke team.  I guess we took care of his butt in 95.

"How about Tony Lang?"

I never understood why he said that in answer to "Coach...what did you think about the game?" Lang was the one who Thurman owned on that 3...why would that be your initial comment?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: texhog on December 22, 2009, 06:47:23 pm
They even showed the post game comments.  I had forgotten how anti-Hog that Dean Smith came across as.  Seems like his whole take was that Ark just got lucky against a "great" Duke team.  I guess we took care of his butt in 95.

Smith before and after the game showed he was a complete mega-nosed [CENSORED].

spatownsteve

My little brother and I accidentally broke the front window out of my mom's house with a 6-pack when the Thurminator hit that 3. One of my fondest memories as a Hawgfan.

I still have a 6-pack of '94 NC coca-colas in the bottle. I'll probably have 'em til I'm dead.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."         Winston Churchill
------------------------------------------------------------------

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."
      Hunter S. Thompson

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: spatownsteve on December 22, 2009, 07:42:05 pm
My little brother and I accidentally broke the front window out of my mom's house with a 6-pack when the Thurminator hit that 3. One of my fondest memories as a Hawgfan.

I still have a 6-pack of '94 NC coca-colas in the bottle. I'll probably have 'em til I'm dead.

Those same bottles are still sitting on our fridge.
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

dhornjr1

Quote from: jman on December 22, 2009, 01:48:42 pm

You can get the '95 championship game on Netflix, but I think it is a UCLA product.

I couldn't bear to watch it anyway.

The semifinal game versus North Carolina I could watch but I haven't found it anywhere.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: dhornjr1 on December 24, 2009, 01:08:42 am

The semifinal game versus North Carolina I could watch but I haven't found it anywhere.

Dwight hitting that halfcourt shot right at the halftime buzzer. 

So this begs the question, where were you when we beat Dook for the title?

dhornjr1

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 24, 2009, 02:42:49 am
Dwight hitting that halfcourt shot right at the halftime buzzer. 

So this begs the question, where were you when we beat Dook for the title?

I was sitting at home with my father, glued to the TV.

Danny J

Quote from: dhornjr1 on December 22, 2009, 01:42:22 pm
I looked though netflix for the arizona game and could not find it. Do you remember what words you used to do the search?

Ray Piggers

Halfcourt? More like the opposite free throw line. Dwight was the man. Also, David Letterman pissed me off with his "If Arkansas wins dinner's on bubba." I was seven years old, and I still remember that putting me off a bit. What did I do when Thurman hit that shot? I did what any crazed seven year old fan would do.. I bawled.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

dhornjr1

Quote from: headhawg7 on December 28, 2009, 01:06:55 am
I looked though netflix for the arizona game and could not find it. Do you remember what words you used to do the search?

I typed in "Arkansas Razorbacks" in the search. You'll see the listing for all things related to the Razorbacks. Scroll down to "1994 NCAA Championship: Arkansas vs. Duke" and look for "(Bonus materials available separately)".

The bonus materials is the Arizona game.

fred ziffel

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."