Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No wonder we lost Perry...

Started by Pig in the Pokey, September 26, 2017, 04:56:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

razorhead94

Someone touched on this during his whole de-commitment and actually called it that he would go to Miss St. after his Italy trip because it was an Adidas school and close to home.  It is crazy how fast it all happened as well.

It's all adding up pretty clearly to me.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Hogs49ers

This is pretty clear who they are talking about -  "Kim said the managers and financial advisers were "circling blue-chip prospects like coyotes" and that "employees of one of the world's largest sportswear companies [was] secretly funneling cash to the families of high school recruits."
SCREW Vandy!

chiefhawg

I posted this in another thread.

When Perry committed to MsState there was a tweet with a money bags emoji. It was re tweeted by TJ Cleveland. I was like wow something must have really upset TJ.  Maybe, just maybe I now know what it was.

The_Bionic_Pig

Let's just say someone lost their job in the Perry household and requested MA pick up the tab and once he refused  (confirmed by Adidas) said recruit parent's jumped on the MSU offer of financial assets thus convincing the recruit that his family was more of a priority than loyalty.

It's not RP's fault...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 26, 2017, 07:43:05 pm
Let's just say someone lost their job in the Perry household and requested MA pick up the tab and once he refused  (confirmed by Adidas) said recruit parent's jumped on the MSU offer of financial assets thus convincing the recruit that his family was more of a priority than loyalty.

It's not RP's fault...

You mean... let's blow the lid off the speculation and say they're downright cheating? So is the FBI going to get MSU for this?

rzrbackramsfan

It's not RP's fault...

Why would adidas confirm that?

onebadrubi

It's not RP's fault...

Hmmm that is a very interesting statement.  Usually one dropped from a few certain posters like Porkatarian.  I don't think it shocks anyone at all that this is what is happening.

RealHog

Ben Howland is sweating bullets tonight I bet haha.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: RealHog on September 26, 2017, 08:31:53 pm
I read in one of the articles that the head coaches are not involved because they make too much money. 

They hire these asst coaches to do it  for them and they can deny it.

BannerMountainMan

Monk!! Perry!! Allen!! It all makes sense now!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Kevin

the ncaa has allowed head coaches to use plausible deniability. because they did not want to do anything to the pitino's of the world.

I think that is bull. they are head of the program, they should be responsible for the actions of anyone in their program.

interesting to see what happens now
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hobhog

Quote from: Kevin on September 26, 2017, 08:49:29 pm
the ncaa has allowed head coaches to use plausible deniability. because they did not want to do anything to the pitino's of the world.

I think that is bull. they are head of the program, they should be responsible for the actions of anyone in their program.

interesting to see what happens now

Trust me, the head coaches of these assistant coaching staffs will be toast. Even if not proven Involved, their program will be shot.....and where will they go?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hobhog on September 26, 2017, 08:52:36 pm
Trust me, the head coaches of these assistant coaching staffs will be toast. Even if not proven Involved, their program will be shot.....and where will they go?

Eddie Sutton went to Ok St

HogFoo

September 26, 2017, 09:12:14 pm #15 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:42:46 pm by HogFoo
Like I mentioned in another thread.  That one guy, Seth greenberg, was around these guys all the time over in Europe on that trip. After Perry got back is when it started circling he would decommit.  Then, after he did a video which was very weird, the next day, he decommitted.   If anyone wants to go look at Reggie Perry's you see all the proof of cheating.  Especially of what Bionic Pig is saying.  Look at the remarks from I.J.Ready, the Arkansas kid who played at miss st.  When Perry decommitted, I.JReady tweeted Perry and said something like "don't pay attention to them people they ain't gonna pay your bills".   It was weird seeing that, which I and some others pointed that out and he left it on his Twitter.  But, it totally opens bout being paid.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

Haha.. just checked Perry's Twitter..  I.J.ready deleted what he said. Lol

He made a comment about don't listen to Hogs fans they weren't gonna pay his bills.  Haha. Now everyone knows what that tweet means!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hobhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 26, 2017, 08:57:37 pm
Eddie Sutton went to Ok St

Relevance?

Never mind. Got it. But this will be bigger than random cash being found. FBI is involved, with wiretapping and people gong to jail.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hobhog on September 26, 2017, 09:47:13 pm
Relevance?

I know they aren't the same scale but there wouldn't be a shortage of jobs for theses guys either, unfortunately.

rzrbackramsfan

The fact that no one is coming on here to tell us we're wrong about our assumptions and bionic pig comes here with a source that MSU pays the Perry makes me think all of our speculation is dead on. 

Let's just hope that in the FBI's huge investigation, in the ocean of recruiting violations they're finding, that they expose the recruitment of RP.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 26, 2017, 10:04:44 pm
The fact that no one is coming on here to tell us we're wrong about our assumptions and bionic pig comes here with a source that MSU pays the Perry makes me think all of our speculation is dead on. 

Let's just hope that in the FBI's huge investigation, in the ocean of recruiting violations they're finding, that they expose the recruitment of RP.
the real question is, is there going to be enough teams for a 64 team NCAA tourney!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The Hogfather

Yep, I want an apology from all of those who were screaming at me for saying some shady shiz was going on.  It was too obvious.

The Hawg Marshal

I hope Misstake is in the cross-hairs of the FBI, if there is anything to it.

Hogs49ers

You know it feels pretty good that I can confidently say that there is about no chance that Arkansas will be caught up in any of this, but I imagine some other schools like Miss. St. will not be sleeping well tonight.

I would imagine Perry and his family will really start freaking out a bit too and would like to think there is a decent chance that he would de-commit if Miss. State's name starts popping up on the news and some sanctions come down on them or people start getting arrested close to them.  It is too obvious that they are involved and I would imagine that a couple of the Adidas guys that were arrested today were in some form or fashion involved with the Perry situation or at least know about it and will start rolling on the people at Miss St. to get out of jail time or lessen their own sentence. 

These next few days and weeks are going to be extremely interesting, we are headed for unprecedented times in the NCAA basketball realm.  I am thrilled by this news, because this could really help even the playing field for Arkansas and I know it is far from the only reason that Arkansas has been down over the last 20 years, but it will be hard to argue that this has not played some role in that fact.
SCREW Vandy!

HogFoo

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 26, 2017, 11:10:41 pm
Yep, I want an apology from all of those who were screaming at me for saying some shady shiz was going on.  It was too obvious.
this one was pretty obvious.  It just stunk so bad how it played out.  I think when the FBI gets over at auburn they are gonna dig up a bunch of Shiz on the football team that's long overdue too!

Hogs49ers

It's not RP's fault...

As a few people have already asked, what exactly has been confirmed by Adidas?  Is this just your opinion?  Or can you actually back this up or did you hear this from someone close to the situation?
SCREW Vandy!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 26, 2017, 11:22:06 pm
You know it feels pretty good that I can confidently say that there is about no chance that Arkansas will be caught up in any of this, but I imagine some other schools like Miss. St. will not be sleeping well tonight.

I would imagine Perry and his family will really start freaking out a bit too and would like to think there is a decent chance that he would de-commit if Miss. State's name starts popping up on the news and some sanctions come down on them or people start getting arrested close to them.  It is too obvious that they are involved and I would imagine that a couple of the Adidas guys that were arrested today were in some form or fashion involved with the Perry situation or at least know about it and will start rolling on the people at Miss St. to get out of jail time or lessen their own sentence. 

These next few days and weeks are going to be extremely interesting, we are headed for unprecedented times in the NCAA basketball realm.  I am thrilled by this news, because this could really help even the playing field for Arkansas and I know it is far from the only reason that Arkansas has been down over the last 20 years, but it will be hard to argue that this has not played some role in that fact.

Reggie posted a picture of him and his dad in miss. St. Jerseys titled like "continue the legacy."  So dumb cause his dad averaged like 2 points a game.  Anyways, this could be a signal that they're getting out in front of it, and will say, we committed bc his dad played here and we wanted to keep the legacy alive.

The_Iceman

I want to offer my fullest apologies to Mike Anderson and staff for any negative comments I made regarding the loss of Reggie Perry

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 26, 2017, 08:01:18 pm
Why would adidas confirm that?

During the trip in Europe Adidas sponsored H.S. player's put the bug in RP's ear and knew MA wasn't going to play that game.

Once that got out then the rumors of a possible future DE-COMITTMENT then Mom's fake Twitter rant in Defense... the remainder played out in the public eye.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

1highhog

I'll reiterate what someone else already mentioned, this doesn't mean much to me unless the FBI names the school, the coaches, the players, everyone that they've been able to prove has been involved.  Once that's been done, you'll see a completely different landscape in College basketball, but I still have my doubts that it goes that far.  Sure, this is the FBI and not the NCAA we're talking about, but College basketball in this Country is a billion dollar business when everything is counted in and we are talking about just another branch of the government with the FBI, I have my doubts then to how far this will go.

Fan701

Will Reggie Perry even be eligible to play after the dust has settled on this?

TexArkHogFan

From what I been reading this will eventually affect football as well.  One article I read said it will be bigger than the point shaving scandal in the 50s.  Follow the money folks, follow the money.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Fan701 on September 27, 2017, 06:03:08 am
Will Reggie Perry even be eligible to play after the dust has settled on this?
It depends on what the NCAA does with the info at hand. This thing seems huge so it will probably take quite a while for the government to start trials. I would think info would come out implicating Perry, it just depends on when the NCAA makes its move; do they wait until the dust settles or do they start banning players as soon as it's evident they were involved. My gut tells me that the weakness the NCAA has shown in enforcement means one and done players this year won't be affected

1highhog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 27, 2017, 06:47:41 am
It depends on what the NCAA does with the info at hand. This thing seems huge so it will probably take quite a while for the government to start trials. I would think info would come out implicating Perry, it just depends on when the NCAA makes its move; do they wait until the dust settles or do they start banning players as soon as it's evident they were involved. My gut tells me that the weakness the NCAA has shown in enforcement means one and done players this year won't be affected

The NCAA will do nothing or basically what amounts to nothing.

mhuff

The FBI will. One of these people that was arrested wiill cut a deal and spill the beans on FB and BB.

NorthDallas40

As an attorney, I can tell you that our resources are limited to time and budget. With that said, one of you guys really should send a short summary to this district Attorney about Perry.  It could very well be that he is unaware of it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on September 27, 2017, 07:41:16 am
As an attorney, I can tell you that our resources are limited to time and budget. With that said, one of you guys really should send a short summary to this district Attorney about Perry.  It could very well be that he is unaware of it.

If it gets them interested enough to investigate, you never know what can happen. Get someone in a room with an FBI agent or a prosecutor, and they might just start talking.

I hope Perry and Miss State go down in flames!

navyhog24

You will need more than a conspiracy theory to get them to look at it. You will need some kind of evidence to back up said theory.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 27, 2017, 03:49:28 am
I want to offer my fullest apologies to Mike Anderson and staff for any negative comments I made regarding the loss of Reggie Perry
I told you when it happened. There was way more to it than just a kid changing his mind about a program.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 27, 2017, 08:03:39 am
You will need more than a conspiracy theory to get them to look at it. You will need some kind of evidence to back up said theory.

We've got pictures of him at the adidas camp followed by a decommitneny and then went to an adidas school. 

I'd call the FBI tip line but I know someone on here knows the story better than me.  Bionic pig, you should call them.

azhog10

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 27, 2017, 08:36:55 am
We've got pictures of him at the adidas camp followed by a decommitneny and then went to an adidas school. 

I'd call the FBI tip line but I know someone on here knows the story better than me.  Bionic pig, you should call them.
And then went on a trip to the Bahamas or somewhere with guys like Zion and other Adidas reps.

onebadrubi

Quote from: azhog10 on September 27, 2017, 08:39:07 am
And then went on a trip to the Bahamas or somewhere with guys like Zion and other Adidas reps.

He was definitely courted by adidas personnel, and at a time like this that should be enough for them to start sniffing

Wooderson

Is it really possible that CBB analysts are in on this?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: azhog10 on September 27, 2017, 08:39:07 am

Azhog, you know the story really well, you should call the FBI tipline. 

farfromgroovins

Welcome to the FBI Hotline. Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed.
Press 1 if you are a recruit that has received benefits for attending a specific university.
Press 2 if you are an assistant that received benefits from an apparel company.
Press 3 if you are a head coach fearing for your life.
Press 4 if you are a fan that feels you have been screwed over for years by missing out on highly recruited players.

klp1

All these folks that got paid, including the Perry's, should be careful to accurately list the payments on their tax returns or they may be hit with tax fraud... lol

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RealHog on September 26, 2017, 08:31:53 pm

Ner liked the guy. I always thought there was something about him not quite right. That being said I think he's a good coach as far as coaching itself is concerned.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wooderson on September 27, 2017, 09:06:01 am
Is it really possible that CBB analysts are in on this?

Are you referring Dicky V?

Hoggish1

Quote from: farfromgroovins on September 27, 2017, 09:49:56 am
Welcome to the FBI Hotline. Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed.
Press 1 if you are a recruit that has received benefits for attending a specific university.
Press 2 if you are an assistant that received benefits from an apparel company.
Press 3 if you are a head coach fearing for your life.
Press 4 if you are a fan that feels you have been screwed over for years by missing out on highly recruited players.

Press 5 if you are an Arkansas fan wondering if RP was paid to change his commitment.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 26, 2017, 08:48:16 pm
Monk!! Perry!! Allen!! It all makes sense now!!
crazy thing is some of the guys were actually at Nike schools steering dudes to Adidas schools. Actively recruiting for the enemy.

And , Jurich and Patino are already gone. I bet Howland, Pearl, etc are soon to follow.

Come on back, Reggie. It aint worth prison time.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang