Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking : Tennessee fires AD after he had agreed to terms with Leach

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 01, 2017, 10:32:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Reports are Currie fired. Coaching search has cost UT 13 million already, not to mention a potential lawsuit by Schiano. What a cluster.

moses_007

Wow......   Makes Julie Peoples look pretty good..........

DeltaBoy

Dumpster fire 🔥 on Rocky Top!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 01, 2017, 10:32:06 am
Reports are Currie fired. Coaching search has cost UT 13 million already, not to mention a potential lawsuit by Schiano. What a cluster.

Well, duh?

NuttinItUp

Why would Leach even consider this job?

hawgmasta

Good Lord, it's like watching somebody hurt themselves and it's funny at first. Then it starts to seriously hurt them and you start to feel bad. This is so ugly and glorious at the same time.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 01, 2017, 11:02:39 am
Good Lord, it's like watching somebody hurt themselves and it's funny at first. Then it starts to seriously hurt them and you start to feel bad. This is so ugly and glorious at the same time.

I'll NEVER feel bad for the Tennessee Vols unless some tragedy happens.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PowderedToastMan

From what I have read, Phil Fulmer is in the background stirring all this crap up. He is mad that Currie got the AD job over him.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 01, 2017, 11:02:39 am
i went to bed feeling good for them, like they had stood their ground, protected their program from crappy and tainted candidates and still got Leach. Then they pulled and actual coup and blow it all up again. Wow. It's gonna be Tee Martin or Les Miles now smdh...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

onebadrubi

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 01, 2017, 10:42:39 am

Huge talent bump over Wash st.  He has all the bargaining cards so long as Currie was running the show, he could have gotten a very lucrative coach freindly contract, probably a guaranteed 25+ mill for 4-5 years, if not 30 mill+

30 million over 5 years is all the reasons why.

LRHawg

WhenPigsFly

livevanguy

What I found interesting from my news feed this morning is that Leach told local Pullman news that he wasn't in Tennessee yesterday. Curious is he is now distancing himself from the Rock-Top tumble.

https://youtu.be/XrQs1pKe-v8
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Coach Obvious

Don't worry, Tenner's got a new search committee springing into action:

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: livevanguy on December 01, 2017, 11:17:22 am
What I found interesting from my news feed this morning is that Leach told local Pullman news that he wasn't in Tennessee yesterday. Curious is he is now distancing himself from the Rock-Top tumble.

https://youtu.be/XrQs1pKe-v8

Supposedly he interviewed with Currie in California not in Tennessee.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

SooieGeneris

My first reaction is this Tenner deal would be funny were it not so painful. Then, I come to my senses and belly laugh thinking of all the insults the likes of Clay whats-his-name has hurled our way over the years.

He recently got kicked off the air on a live interview when he started talking about "liking boobs" in the middle of a discussion about sexual harassment.

He said he liked two things: SEC football and boobs. I thought he said "booze" the first time. The female host was nonplussed and asked him to repeat it and the slack jawed Tenner idiot did, the 2nd time leaving no doubt what he said.

And he got the plug pulled on the interview.

This coach search debacle at UT is all that is keeping our soap opera out of the headlines, making it all the better.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Pig in the Pokey

;D ;D ;D

Currie was Tennessee's AD for eight months. Even Lane Kiffin spent longer than that in Knoxville.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BroyledNutts

Sounds like Tennessee could use a little INTEGRITY right about now ....   ;) ;D

Redhogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 01, 2017, 12:19:23 pm
;D ;D ;D

Currie was Tennessee's AD for eight months. Even Lane Kiffin spent longer than that in Knoxville.
Funny...now let's keep our eye on the ball and get Mike.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Pig in the Pokey

Boardon Hamsay

Breaking News: UT officials confirm "Rocky Top" has been replaced by more fitting music.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 01, 2017, 12:48:39 pm
Breaking News: UT officials confirm "Rocky Top" has been replaced by more fitting music.

Further breaking news: UT officials confirm more fitting music situation is fluid.  A number of fans have protested the circus music in favor of something more simplistic.

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

jgphillips3

My God.  It's so horrible...yet I can't look away!  The humanity...

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Redhogs on December 01, 2017, 12:25:03 pm
Funny...now let's keep our eye on the ball and get Mike.

Let's not.

Let's examine Leach and his high powered offense.
In 10 years at TT he was 84-43 with 1 (ONE) Big 12 South title and it was a tie. In conference he was 47-33 but you take away the 7-1 year and he was an average looking 40-32 in conference.

At WashSt he is 38-37 overall and 26-28 in the Pac10.

If he is such a miracle worker why isn't his stats looking better at WashSt? People have said that Wash was a dumpster fire before he got there and look how good they are. Really? you don't think WE are in a similar situation? I don't care for Gus but I'd take him in a heartbeat over Leach. Hell I'd take Morris over him. I don't consider him an upgrade.

Oh, and the year he TIED for 1st in the South? got beat by Nutty and the 8-4 Ole Miss team in the Cotton Bowl.

His 08 year when he was tied and finished 11-1? His loss?  65-21 to OU.
This past year? Lost to a Cal 5-7 team 37-3. Lost to a 7-5 Az team. 57-38  Good D there.

Has only beat Wash  one time ( you know a rival game? sort of a big deal?) and that was before Peterson got the Wash.

Again, I don't see him as an upgrade.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HenduHog on December 01, 2017, 12:59:24 pm
Let's not.

In 10 years at TT he was 84-43 with 1 (ONE) Big 12 South title and it was a tie. In conference he was 47-33 but you take away the 7-1 year and he was an average looking 40-32 in conference.

If he is such a miracle worker why isn't his stats looking better at WashSt? People have said that Wash was a dumpster fire before he got there and look how good they are. Really? you don't think WE are in a similar situation? I don't care for Gus but I'd take him in a heartbeat over Leach. Hell I'd take Morris over him. I don't consider him an upgrade.

Oh, and the year he TIED for 1st in the South? got beat by Nutty and the 8-4 Ole Miss team in the Cotton Bowl.

This past year? Lost to a Cal 5-7 team 37-3. Lost to a 7-5 Az team. 57-38  Good D there.

Has only beat Wash  one time ( you know a rival game? sort of a big deal?) and that was before Peterson got the Wash.

BRO!!!!

NORVELL, not leach. keep up.

SlickWilly

Quote from: HenduHog on December 01, 2017, 12:59:24 pm
Let's not.

Good post. Haven't understood all the love Leach gets on this board. He's hilarious in interviews, sure, but his record just isn't that impressive.

NaturalStateReb

Every time you think that Tennessee can't make this situation any worse, Tennessee says, "hold my beer."
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 01, 2017, 10:42:39 am

UT is better I think ( not mention its SEC) plus Washington St isnt that great to recruit to ( UT is the opposite of the that) especially in the Pac 12...U play second fiddle even in the state of WA.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Uncommon on December 01, 2017, 01:44:25 pm
Houston Nutt is feverishly taking notes.

No kidding.  Thought the same thing.

Nutt is like syphilis--the gift that keeps on giving.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 01, 2017, 10:32:06 am

Can they fire their fans too? They're really the ones to blame.

100%Razorback

hogsanity

This is what happens when you have a group of people behind the scenes at odds with the administration. Now, APPARENTLY, SUPPOSEDLY, the AD had agreed to terms with Leach and then the behind the scenes group torpedoes that by firing the AD. Why don't all these behind the scenes people just come out, REVEAL WHO THEY ARE, and say who they want hired as HC.

And before you go laughing at TN, just look at what is going on at the UofA. It has pretty much been the same thing except for the fact that the one guy the behind scenes group has been begging to be the coach has not said no yet.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jvanhorn

Quote from: Uncommon on December 01, 2017, 01:44:25 pm
Houston Nutt is feverishly taking notes.

Fulmer is a back stabbing, worthless waste of skin.  Sorry excuse for a human being.  As I remember he also stabbed Bill Battle to get his job when Battle was sick or in the hospital. 

jt82hogs

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 01, 2017, 02:12:15 pm
Fulmer is a back stabbing, worthless waste of skin.  Sorry excuse for a human being.  As I remember he also stabbed Bill Battle to get his job when Battle was sick or in the hospital.
it was Johnny Majors that he screwed.  Majors was sick and Fulmer was found to have called big Tenn boosters like 200+ times while Majors was in the hospital.

Now he has struck again and gotten Currie out of the way.  You also have the Haslam family, maybe its Jimmy Haslam of Pilot Truck Stops and owner of the Cleveland Browns who has been involved in this power struggle. Bill Haslam is the governor of Tennessee.  Anyway, its like there has been a 3 way power struggle involving Fat Phillip, Jimmy Haslam, and Currie.   Currie obviously lost and looks like Fat Phillip has ascended to the top after being beat out by Currie 8 months ago for the AD job.  Its a cluster over in K-ville.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 01, 2017, 02:12:15 pm
That would actually be one Johnny Majors.

hawgmasta

Apparently if they can't prove they fired him with cause they owe him 100k for every month left on his contract; which is 54 months left.

You better believe he's gonna take them to court over it if they try to not pay him, as he should.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Bacons Rebellion

Our admins don't need any smokescreens, the white phosphorus burning on Rocky Top has reached the stratosphere.

Pig in the Pokey

FAT Phil is now their new AD and he is going after Sumlin. THIS IS EPIC!!

razCzar

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 01, 2017, 12:23:24 pm
Sounds like Tennessee could use a little INTEGRITY right about now ....   ;) ;D

As Dad used to put it about that state just across the River..
What did tennesSEE?
What arkanSAW!